Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did it. (I mean... I didn't figure it out... I'll give that credit to the guy below...but I did get it to work on my 6" screen.)
Start here:
https://www.fordescape.org/threads/how-to-enable-intellegent-adaptive-cruise.118052/

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
1658525865483.png
Any idea which one of the changes makes the signs normal instead of round? I've had mine working for a few months now and the round signs don't bother me, but if easy enough, I'll go ahead and change it.
Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any idea which one of the changes makes the signs normal instead of round? I've had mine working for a few months now and the round signs don't bother me, but if easy enough, I'll go ahead and change it.
I’ll play with it tonight and get back to you.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't remember needing to adjust the APIM for this truck, as I don't have Sync so it likely doesn't have the module anyway. The TSR should still work without needing to adjust the APIM as it did with the stock gauge cluster.
So, help me out here:

XL?
But you have a 6” screen, so not the stock XL screen?
No APIM (Sync)?

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
So, help me out here:

XL?
But you have a 6” screen, so not the stock XL screen?
No APIM (Sync)?
Correct, mine is an XL but I've installed a 6 inch cluster from a bronco sport. As far as I can tell from various forums, if you don't have Sync, you don't have the APIM module.

I previously had the TSR working with the factory 4 inch Maverick cluster, but have tried every combination I can think of to even get the menu options to appear on the bronco sport cluster.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Correct, mine is an XL but I've installed a 6 inch cluster from a bronco sport. As far as I can tell from various forums, if you don't have Sync, you don't have the APIM module.

I previously had the TSR working with the factory 4 inch Maverick cluster, but have tried every combination I can think of to even get the menu options to appear on the bronco sport cluster.
Ok next round of questions:
Do you have TSR on the 6” cluster? I was assuming that you did, but that the signs were round.

Sponsored

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Ok next round of questions:
Do you have TSR on the 6” cluster? I was assuming that you did, but that the signs were round.
I haven't gotten the TSR to work on this cluster at all. I know that it's possible as I've seen this cluster with it working on bronco sports.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just did TSR - I have small screen, and I get a square speed limit sign. Works well!

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did this on my hybrid and it works, but I noticed something perhaps that was coincidental being a new owner. When I first started my truck after installing, the gas motor came on with a bit of a surge. Louder than usual. Also coming back up a hill, seemed to be louder when transitioning between electric and ICE. Then I got paranoid reading this thread, which admittedly has more hardware being added than a simple software hack. I had also changed the truck's interface language and this mod set t back to English which weirded me out a bit.

Anyone else notice this on a Hybrid though?

Last edited:

dgreenjets

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did this on my hybrid and it works, but I noticed something perhaps that was coincidental being a new owner. When I first started my truck after installing, the gas motor came on with a bit of a surge. Louder than usual. Also coming back up a hill, seemed to be louder when transitioning between electric and ICE. Then I got paranoid reading this thread, which admittedly has more hardware being added than a simple software hack.

Anyone else notice this on a Hybrid though?
I have a Lariat hybrid and have not noticed any issues. I don't have the ICE kick in at all when I start unless its been a few days since driving and the ac is blasting.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

so does your digital speedo have the bigger blockier letters? the font is different in the BS and i was hoping i could get them on my mav but i think it might not be possible.

Sponsored

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
so does your digital speedo have the bigger blockier letters? the font is different in the BS and i was hoping i could get them on my mav but i think it might not be possible.
It does have the blocky letters in comparison to the cluster of a higher trim level Maverick. The gauges have a similar layout, but have a bunch of other tiny differences. I'm not sure the speedometer font is something that could be changed or if it's programmed to match the font of the physical gauges.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Lariat hybrid and have not noticed any issues. I don't have the ICE kick in at all when I start unless its been a few days since driving and the ac is blasting.
Thanks, it does appear it was a coincidence I guess. I never had the gas engine start first yet, so it startled me. And perhaps I was more aware of the transition sound between electric and gas because I was listening for it.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have the option to turn this off as displayed above (Activate TSR checkbox). Does the easy mode miss something? Because that's what I used if that makes a difference.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have the option to turn this off as displayed above (Activate TSR checkbox). Does the easy mode miss something? Because that's what I used if that makes a difference.
Check the country and speed whether it is set to mph or kmph for IPMA module. There is no easy mode for that. You'll have to go back a few posts to find it but I did post what those addresses and settings are.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speed limit types aka MPH or KMPH
706-01-02
xxxx-xxxx-*xxx
9 = MPH
5 = KMPH
1 = undefined
don't use 1 it will throw errors elsewhere. Also the country code overrides these settings

Country and region specific codes for a 2022 Ford Maverick
706-01-02
*xxxx-xxxx-xxxx = region
2 = North America, different values for other regions

706-01-02
xx*x-xxxx-xxx = country
7 = United States
4 = Canada
other values for other countries
Sponsored