First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A post on FB group shows square signs. So, I am missing something.
Did you get the correct signs for the Lariat with Lux?

We are picking ours up and I wanted to know what the correct settings are.

Thanks in advance

GodFatherofTech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Vette, '69 C10, HD Trike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get the correct signs for the Lariat with Lux?

We are picking ours up and I wanted to know what the correct settings are.

Thanks in advance
No. Round signs

danzez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL (Cactus Gray)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some advice please . . . I have configured the IPC and have the additional menu for traffic sign recognition. However, Forscan is not seeing an IPMC module for my Maverick.

Does anyone know the reason why?

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Screenshot 2022-05-18 114519

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some advice please . . . I have configured the IPC and have the additional menu for traffic sign recognition. However, Forscan is not seeing an IPMC module for my Maverick.

IPMA. Which OBD2 adapter are you using?

You might message the poster from the previous page to see if they figured it out.
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) | Page 11 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

danzez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Screenshot 2022-05-18 114519.jpg
That looks like one of the screens I had when I installed Forscan but did not update it with the license information required for editing. It wouldn’t show any of the module setting information like what is enabled/disabled for each either for me or let me backup anything either.

I went back to forscan.org and got a trial license, just haven’t had a moment yet to try it out. Not sure if that’s the issue, could also be a mode setting or something else. I’d check the forscan FAQ section here to see if it helps too.

danzez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

danzez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly, updating the OBD adapter driver has not allowed me to see and access the IPMA module :(

danzez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly, updating the OBD adapter driver has not allowed me to see and access the IPMA module :(
I was able to get Forscan to access the IPMA module. This post from a different thread provided the key: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ruise-control-on-xlt-hybrid.11438/post-273898

In short, after making sure Forscan was on the current version, my OBD adapter firmware was up-to-date, and my OBD adapter drivers were current, I then needed to DELETE MY VEHICLE PROFILE in Forscan. Doing so causes Forscan to look for all modules in order to create a new vehicle profile.

Happy days! TSR is now active on my Maverick 😁

Forscan was not seeing my IPMA module because it was not found in the original profile I created BEFORE updating my OBD adapter drivers and firmware.

mw_maeve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the chime for over speed limit just a single little chime or continuous as long as you’re driving over the limit? I ask because I only hear a single faint chime and continuously flashing icon once I go over the limit. Thanks!

mw_maeve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This mod will work in the standard configuration for all trims with the only possible exception being Lariats w/ Sync 3 installed. An alternate configuration will then be needed which is untested so far.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

First we need to enable the TSR menu in the instrument cluster. This has been tested on the 4.2inch cluster and is untested but should work on 6inch instrument clusters.

There are 2 possible settings depending if you have trailer sway control option in the vehicle assistance.

IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx

use this to change your existing setting if you have the trailer sway control as an option.
If not try different values in place of C until you get the TSR menu and no option for trailer sway control.

edit
apparently trailer sway control is a standard feature so that is the correct setting for all trims

edit this code is needed to enable the chime alert option which makes an audible noise when you drive above the posted speed limit or set threshold to trigger a warning.
IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx*x-xxxx
change * to 4 to enable the chime setting

untested yet
changing * to C should also work and open up other chime settings.

Next we need to enable the image processing module to scan speed signs.

This works in 2 distinct configurations.
1a. No Sync & no nav system - tested and confirmed working
1b. Sync & no nav system - will only apply to Lariats w/Lux. package - untested

2. Sync & nav system - semi confirmed see below

Configuration 1 which most every Maverick owner will use only scans speed limit signs with the front facing camera.

Configuration 2 supplements the camera with posted speed limits from the nav system maps. This requires a different hex code than Config 1 and may also require modifications to the APIM module to fully work. This needs to be tested still.

Config 1 without Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables the speed sign scanning processing in the image processing module

Config 2 with Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx
This will enable the system to also use the Nav system for posted speeds.
Note if you use this on a non Sync system you get a reduced performance error message and it won't scan signs at all.

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.

There should also be added functionality to display the speed signs on the head units but that is not known if it will at this point and requires further testing.
Is the chime for over speed limit just a single little chime or continuous as long as you’re driving over the limit? I ask because I only hear a single faint chime and continuously flashing icon once I go over the limit. Thanks!

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Little single chime by default at least on the 4 inch cluster screens. There maybe other custom chime settings in the IPMA or IPC module for this but I never did dig any deeper.
Sponsored