First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The right circle is for "no passing" signs. I'm not sure that there is a way to get rid of it. I have not figured it out yet.
Try this:

Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): Disabled -> SLOIF

I am thinking about changing the SLOIF to just SLIF as I dont think I want the extra circle for the "no passing" sign.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn

DanielHSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try this:

Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): Disabled -> SLOIF

I am thinking about changing the SLOIF to just SLIF as I dont think I want the extra circle for the "no passing" sign.
Yes I did change to SLIF and it still shows the second ghost circle. So even though it potentially won't show a no passing sign, the place for it is still there.

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Striking out on this. I was able to get Sport and Eco modes activated just fine on my FX4, but I keep getting errors. Plus, unless I'm blind I don't see the IPMA Module anywhere with the latest test version of Forscan.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) 1648511040761

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) 1648511118886

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) 1648511155537

Oh well, maybe it's user error. 🤷‍♂️

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Striking out on this. I was able to get Sport and Eco modes activated just fine on my FX4, but I keep getting errors. Plus, unless I'm blind I don't see the IPMA Module anywhere with the latest test version of Forscan.

1648511040761.png

1648511118886.png

1648511155537.png

Oh well, maybe it's user error. 🤷‍♂️
What obd2 adapter are you using? Does it have high speed (Hs) and medium speed (ms) selector switch?

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What obd2 adapter are you using? Does it have high speed (Hs) and medium speed (ms) selector switch?
The official one they recommend. I do notice some weird connection issues from time to time. Just strange how Eco/Sport modes worked flawlessly and then I can’t get the traffic sign stuff to work 🥺

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter

Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The official one they recommend. I do notice some weird connection issues from time to time. Just strange how Eco/Sport modes worked flawlessly and then I can’t get the traffic sign stuff to work 🥺

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter
Might not be getting all the modules when it scans. Make sure your obd2 adapt has updated drivers.

Reyah_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Is anyone able to get the speed limit tolerance to anything over 5mph? If I try to set it to 7 or 10 it defaults back to 5.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone able to get the speed limit tolerance to anything over 5mph? If I try to set it to 7 or 10 it defaults back to 5.
got mine set to 8km/h

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering making this tweak to mine. I do have a question for the group though.

For me, the benefit would be to upgrade my adaptive cruise to intelligent cruise.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to.../what-is-intelligent-adaptive-cruise-control/

For those with Lariat Luxes who have done this, have you been able to make this work?
I haven't seen anyone post anywhere about doing this. I enabled the traffic sign recognition the first day I bought my Lariat Lux, but I have no interest in the intelligent adaptive cruise.
I don't want it adjusting my speed based on the speed limit. Same reason I didn't enable this speed limit chime.

How does that work anyway? If you try to set your cruise control to 68 and the speed limit is 65, will it not let you go 68?

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How does that work anyway? If you try to set your cruise control to 68 and the speed limit is 65, will it not let you go 68?
I would use this for highways, not interstates, or freeways.

As an example, let's say that a state highway near you has a normal, regular speed limit of 55. when you reach the edge of town though, the speed through the city might drop to to 45 or lower. The system would recognize the the new speed limit and then lower the your vehicle's limit to match.

Once you get to the other side of town, the speed jumps back up to 55 and the car should recognize that and adapt.

As for going 'over' the posted limit:
I haven't used the system, but I would assume that that it would work just like the speed limit chime, where it allows you a tolerance. Maybe you can set the cruise to be 5 to 10 over. If so, it would always be 5 over whatever the speed is on that stretch of road.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm, that was all set using the Menu on the touchscreen. Not sure if that is there on the Maverick, even after a possible Forscan mod.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hmm, that was all set using the Menu on the touchscreen. Not sure if that is there on the Maverick, even after a possible Forscan mod.
it would be interesting to find out. I just got my Mav this past weekend and will order the forscan hardware probably this week. I’ll keep you posted on what I find.
Sponsored