jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a flex fuel vehicle? I don't remember that with the XL EB I had.
It is not. Not sure if any EcoBoost vehicles are FFVs. Hybrid is not, either. E10-E15 is the max that should be used without unofficial modifications.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not. Not sure if any EcoBoost vehicles are FFVs. Hybrid is not, either.
I didn't think so. I just found that odd that he mentioned a tune that won't void warranty.. even though the use of E85 would void it.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cost. I’d love to get a class B rv with a rooftop ac unit that can run all night with an on board generator. I really like how those airstream class B look! But I don’t have the money for that.
I’m looking at maverick for the same reason as everyone else for the price, mpg, and space I think it’s a good deal.
You could probably find a close-out Ecosport on a dealer lot for cheap too :LOL: But seriously, I had 1st hand experience with ingress/egress of a disabled person when my Father had Parkinson's Disease and I used to take him to appointments in my 93 Ford Ranger. Was pretty hard on my back getting him in and out of the passenger seat. Hopefully you can check out a Mav in person to make sure in/out isn't a problem in your case. Nice to dream about the RV stuff- we did before ever actually buying 1. We also learned stuff we didn't know about AFTER the purchase(s). Like majority of campgrounds have a quiet time overnight and you can't run your generator :( Also the roof top A/C units are pretty noisy and makes it hard to sleep. Also, depending on where you live, you have to Winterize your water systems to prevent tank and pipe damage when it freezes. I learned that the hard way a few years ago when we relocated from Sunny SoCal to Colorado. In fact, I get to Winterize our RV and my toybox today since the weather reports are showing 1st freeze by tomorrow night :mad:

Matverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xlt Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah the tunes are for after warranty is up, and I suppose reading posts unconfirmed by blue oval should be dismissed as such. My apologies!

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just traded in an XL Eco for a Hybrid.

I am in a big city in South Texas. Heat and lots of stoplights.

Idling at lights murdered my Eco mpg. 16-17 my last 2 fillups. I could literally watch my mileage drop at a light. The auto stop only engaged maybe half the time, and usually the engine was back on before the light changed. The only way to avoid that was cutting the ac off.

Sponsored

Jimmyland

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ve read a ton of threads and there is alotnof variation. Even saying the ecoboost will “only” get 25mpg and the hybrid at 40mpg I’m calculating a 5000$ difference over 100,000 miles. All else equal I’d rather save 5k but have some questions.
1. I think my ecoboost will more likely get built and built a lot sooner.
2. 70% of my miles are 75mph on gently rolling highway basednon the threads the delta for the hybrid will be much less at these speeds
3. This vehicle will be used for a disabled person with medical conditions that requires alotnof idling and air condition use. As much as 5-10hours per week. Is there a preference between the hybrid and ecoboost for heavy idling?
4. maybe based on opinions of #3 above I may change my mind but I’m thinking of going with what will have the most longevity. I don’t trade carsin and usually run them to 175-250k. Is there a preference between the drivetrains on longevity and maintenance costs?
I’m glad I stayed with the Eco Boost on my 2023 Lariat truck. I know it got built quicker and it has a lot less issues than the hybrid which I read about all the little issues guys having with them on this site. I average around 27-30 mpg mostly highway and have had no issues or recalls as of yet for my truck. So far I have no complaints about this vehicle and am very pleased. I also had to pay extra for the Eco Boost when I ordered last year in September and have no regrets. Keep on trucking!! 😃

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Based on your info, you should get an Eco. More likely to be built. Also hybrid gets 33 mpg on highway where Eco gets 30 mpg (29 mpg awd). Fuel savings for highway driving not significant.
With the hybrid I get about 45mpg in mixed. On flat highway upper 30's and better on hilly highway. I found that out going from Illinois to Missouri.

Mr Lee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I went from a Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid to an EcoBoost non-hybrid.. the reason? I just retired and am not commuting long distances. I really think it's dependent on the driving that you do, if you are driving a lot definitely the hybrid is a good value for the extra money but if you're driving is minimal or shorter distances and less mileage I see no reason why the EcoBoost is not a great choice.
Sponsored