First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this question has been asked here into Submission. I have a 22’ eco, 4K XLT. I have a 54 mile round trip commute almost daily and I tow my 1100 lb alum boat once or twice a month about 20-30 miles each trip. The mpg comp says 29.4 after a year of not resetting. I have a 23’ XLT hybrid BAP tow hitch coming soon. The rate on my loan will be higher but hopefully the magic Maverick equity I have will help offset. This incoming unit is unique b/c it’s before the XLT Lux must have for the BAP. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
?

XLTMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla (2)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on what's more important to you between towing capacity and fuel consumption. Driving a hybrid would save you at least $50 per month when compared to the Ecoboost based on the number of miles you drive. Is that enough savings to make the switch worth it?

Ford Maverick Hybrid VS Ecoboost Screenshot_20230726-092107-170

Sponsored

OP
OP

mrrk47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you asking?
XLT Mav guy figured it out. What should I do? Which one should I buy and keep? Which one is better long term based on the info I provided? Which one ??

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

XLT Mav guy figured it out. What should I do? Which one should I buy and keep? Which one is better long term based on the info I provided? Which one ??
Not enough information. How much do you 'really' drive?

Is your commute highway or stop-n-go?
How long have you had it and how many miles have you put on it?

I have a hybrid. I live in the city. My commute, through stop-n-go traffic, is 30 miles round trip. That's notbut I'm averaging 1,700 miles/month.

• The 4K pulls more, so that is a definite plus. I can pull a trailer, but I can't pull large loads like you can. Both trucks will pull the boat you have now, so that's a non-issue unless you want to get a bigger boat.
  • If MPG is your largest concern, the Hybrid will ALWAYS win.
  • If paying it off ASAP is priority, then maybe the vehicle you currently have will get you there first.
  • The hybrid requires less oil changes, i.e. less maintenance, and has a longer warranty on the hybrid parts (8 years)
In the end, it's about more than just gas and MPG.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would keep the current truck and either walk away from the incoming '23 XLT hybrid, or buy it and flip it yourself. The build is most definitely valuable enough to make some money. 5k after tax, probably. But maybe more.

Based on what's been shared so far, the hybrid is not a better long-term choice for the OP, and he will give up a lot of capability just for a small benefit of better fuel economy.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This forum is loaded with the weirdest, passive aggressive users I’ve ever witnessed lol.

it is 100% clear what the question is.

Anyway… do you enjoy the extra power in the eco? It’s clear you don’t need the 4K now but will you in the future? Do you use AWD enough? Maybe go find a hybrid to test drive before yours arrives and test the torque difference.

I would also be weary of users posting 60mpg+ trips as if that’s lifetime mpg btw. The hybrid hovers around 40 long term.

Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know this question has been asked here into Submission. I have a 22’ eco, 4K XLT. I have a 54 mile round trip commute almost daily and I tow my 1100 lb alum boat once or twice a month about 20-30 miles each trip. The mpg comp says 29.4 after a year of not resetting. I have a 23’ XLT hybrid BAP tow hitch coming soon. The rate on my loan will be higher but hopefully the magic Maverick equity I have will help offset. This incoming unit is unique b/c it’s before the XLT Lux must have for the BAP. Thoughts?
Sounds like you are trying to balance your need to tow with your desire to save on fuel here in expensive CA? Word is, the hybrid should tow your boat just fine. The hybrid shines in city driving and takes an mpg hit on the highway. Right now my 2.0 EB Lariat shows 31 mpg after mostly freeway driving. The hybrid is rated at 33 mpg freeway but people get more. I like the power of my EB. Meanwhile, I have basically the same build on order as a hybrid because when I revert to city driving, I want the mpg and the range of a hybrid and I don't tow. But I know I will miss the spunk of my EB when my hybrid finally arrives...

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This forum is loaded with the weirdest, passive aggressive users I’ve ever witnessed lol.

it is 100% clear what the question is.

Anyway… do you enjoy the extra power in the eco? It’s clear you don’t need the 4K now but will you in the future? Do you use AWD enough? Maybe go find a hybrid to test drive before yours arrives and test the torque difference.

I would also be weary of users posting 60mpg+ trips as if that’s lifetime mpg btw. The hybrid hovers around 40 long term.
if someone is getting 60+mpg trips they have more time on their hands than i do.....i need to get to my destination in a timely manner.....

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you are trying to balance your need to tow with your desire to save on fuel here in expensive CA? Word is, the hybrid should tow your boat just fine. The hybrid shines in city driving and takes an mpg hit on the highway. Right now my 2.0 EB Lariat shows 31 mpg after mostly freeway driving. The hybrid is rated at 33 mpg freeway but people get more. I like the power of my EB. Meanwhile, I have basically the same build on order as a hybrid because when I revert to city driving, I want the mpg and the range of a hybrid and I don't tow. But I know I will miss the spunk of my EB when my hybrid finally arrives...
I, too, miss the spunk of my EB, but since my hybrid does just fine on the get-up and go when I need it, I'm much more pleased with the mpg.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4k towing has a transmission cooler, upgraded radiator and fan too, so it's not just a mileage question.
Sponsored