First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally undecided on whether to go with XLT, Lariat or First Edition (flaky, I know). My current vehicle is fully loaded so I’m not sure I want to step down with respect to luxury and safety options. Can’t decide if a $10k jump is worth the upgrade. Appreciate your input!
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What vehicle do you drive now? Make a list of what features you currently have that are important to you or what you would call your must haves. From there, balance that against what each trim level offers and make the best decision for you.

There are options I have in my current vehicle, such as lane keep assist and adaptive cruise, that I keep turned off because I dislike them. That made my decision for an XLT easy.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the jump to lariat from XLT was around $3200? For me the big seller for Lariat would be the adaptive cruise control and the upgraded sound system. Really nice features to have. Otherwise the XLT Hybrid with lux package is a really good value for what you get at around 25k with one of the 4% invoice dealers.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Totally undecided on whether to go with XLT, Lariat or First Edition (flaky, I know). My current vehicle is fully loaded so I’m not sure I want to step down with respect to luxury and safety options. Can’t decide if a $10k jump is worth the upgrade. Appreciate your input!
If you are accustom to a Fully Loaded vehicle, then the Lariat or FE with the package options would be the way to go. If you want a dependable middle of the road truck, then the XLT with package options would give you everything that "most customers" need and want. No need to mention the XL trim, because by your statement, the base trim is not what you are looking for. The beauty of the Maverick is, there is a trim level for all! Remember, the Maverick was designed and build for the "non-truck" people and/or the weekend warrior DYI people. It's not a super truck that you can climb Mt. Everest with, because it has limitations to make it more affordable for all.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the jump to lariat from XLT was around $3200? For me the big seller for Lariat would be the adaptive cruise control and the upgraded sound system. Really nice features to have. Otherwise the XLT Hybrid with lux package is a really good value for what you get at around 25k with one of the 4% invoice dealers.
From XLT to First Edition is roughly 9k.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Make a list of what features you currently have that are important to you or what you would call your must haves. From there, balance that against what each trim level offers and make the best decision for you.
Best way to do it right there.

For example, I really want a power driver's seat, as in, it'll be a deal-breaker. That rules out anything lower than an XLT Lux package, which I am okay with.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One great thing about this truck is you can load it out and not pay a fortune. If the added niceties that a Lariat or FE don't matter as much, you can spend considerably less and have (what we all hope) is a very competent and comfortable vehicle. I went through and built and re-built a bunch of different specs but concluded that for what the cost difference is, jumping up to FE is what I wanted most (though I really wish it came in Velocity Blue).
Like it was mentioned, make a list of the options and go through them all...Then pick out your "must-have's" and the things you'd like but could live without. When you're done, it might very well be that you can't get your must-have items without getting the other stuff. I'm actually thankful that there aren't endless combination possibilities. I

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT is a good trim. I like the wheels it comes with too. If you live in an area that gets cold, then the Luxury package will be a good option.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Be careful because you can easily exceed >$35k. If you are not concerned about a budget get EXACTLY what you need and want. You are going to drive and pay for it!

I started with a $30k budget 1st, than completed builds for XLT and Lariat. For $31k, I ordered a loaded. XLT with a few packages and turbo/awd.

Chapman’s 4% invoice discount allowed me to meet my budget.

GOOD LUCK!!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
If you are accustom to a Fully Loaded vehicle, then the Lariat or FE with the package options would be the way to go. If you want a dependable middle of the road truck, then the XLT with package options would give you everything that "most customers" need and want. No need to mention the XL trim, because by your statement, the base trim is not what you are looking for. The beauty of the Maverick is, there is a trim level for all! Remember, the Maverick was designed and build for the "non-truck" people and/or the weekend warrior DYI people. It's not a super truck that you can climb Mt. Everest with, because it has limitations to make it more affordable for all.
Of course the first editions will wind up being the lst ones produced in thenfirst run.

the others are right though. I would establish one more thing though. Your budget and insurance. Make certain you can stay under your budget if you shave off a year or two and pay it off sooner rather than later. Aside from that addition, the advice is solid

Sponsored
OP
OP
jennifer1162

jennifer1162

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good advice. I think some of the features like power driver’s seat, high end stereo with Sirius, moonroof, etc are moving me to the Lariat. Then, hey, why not First Edition?! Thanks all.

Steve CAK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the best bang for the buck trim is the XLT. The sunroof is extra on the Lariat.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's quite often a point when optioning out a vehicle where you hit a pricepoint that its time to start considering higher end platforms. Its not easy to do on a Maverick, but when looking at a First Edition you can start to approach a point where the price of the vehicle doesn't match its general underpinnings IMO where its hard interior plastics and what not don't feel right for its ballooned price bracket, unless you're just really in love with the platform for other reasons.
There are options I have in my current vehicle, such as lane keep assist and adaptive cruise, that I keep turned off because I dislike them. That made my decision for an XLT easy.
Just to add though, I'd only dismiss it if its the same system. I was in a older BMW that had lane keep assist and it sucked, like a little kid bowling with the gutters blocked bouncing inside the lane. Horrible. Then I tried a more recent one from another manufacturer and it was so polished. Testing out an Escape with the features should help you decide sight unseen.

OP
OP
jennifer1162

jennifer1162

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course the first editions will wind up being the lst ones produced in thenfirst run.
Actually, I thought the First Editions were a late delivery item.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Actually, I thought the First Editions were a late delivery item.
The a is missing that is an LST not 1st it’s what I get for giant hands on an iPhone XR
Sponsored