First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the Maverick not smart enough to know when someone has locked the smartkey in the truck with the keypad? I would bet it is and the key is disabled.

Someone with a Lariat, confirm please.
When the key is in the truck it says OK drive away no problem. When you walk away while it's still running it goes nope no driving for you. It knows the key left however if the battery gets low you have to open the center console lift up the rubber pad and place the key in the molded key spot to drive. Smart but not smart just diffrent. I've driven keyless cars and always hated them. I like key on key off I hate the mavrick stay on x amount of time or till door opens for the radio drives me nuts. Turn key off radio still on I hate it so much
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the key is in the truck it says OK drive away no problem. When you walk away while it's still running it goes nope no driving for you. It knows the key left however if the battery gets low you have to open the center console lift up the rubber pad and place the key in the molded key spot to drive. Smart but not smart just diffrent. I've driven keyless cars and always hated them. I like key on key off I hate the mavrick stay on x amount of time or till door opens for the radio drives me nuts. Turn key off radio still on I hate it so much
That wasn't exactly my question. I believe that if you lock the smartkey inside the Lariat by using the keypad, and someone breaks in.. the truck is immobilized regardless of the key being inside.

This can be tested on a Lariat by leaving windows down, locking key inside with key pad, and then reaching in and unlocking the truck. I don't believe it will start.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That wasn't exactly my question. I believe that if you lock the smartkey inside the Lariat by using the keypad, and someone breaks in.. the truck is immobilized regardless of the key being inside.

This can be tested on a Lariat by leaving windows down, locking key inside with key pad, and then reaching in and unlocking the truck. I don't believe it will start.
I know if you turn it off open and close the door then lock it when you open the door the alarm goes off. You put the key in or unlock the doors to shut it up

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hope someone can test this before mine arrives, plenty of time before then haha! I planned on getting a faraday bag on Amazon for whenever I want to leave the FOB in the truck, but if this works, even better!
Sponsored