Sponsored

Search results

  1. Third times a charm -- received new replacement battery

    So. Defective battery. That's an easy one, but, makes me nervous. In over 50 years of driving I've never had a bad (well, maybe one) battery. And now, here is a lot of them. It happened to me after some service and one day "no start, nothing". Not so bad in the summer when I can take the...
  2. First time hybrid owner (these damn noises)

    Hmmm. My hybrid doesn't make those sounds. Perhaps some clicking after I turn it off otherwise quiet engine and very quiet when running on battery. When I'm in park the ICE is generally off unless I'm forcing it on, say by running the heater. Maybe it's some shield vibrating. You're gonna have...
  3. I Think The Maverick is The Best Entry Level Vehicle Ever Created

    My other 4 wheeler is a Miata. At mid-upper 30s mpg it's my gas hog. My bike gets 70s mpg.
  4. How thin is that metal? Pretty thin!

    I was in a minor accident and they replaced the hood and I got the old hood back. It's substantial but it's aluminum. Doesn't seem flimsy at all. I'm going to make matching mud flaps out of it.
  5. Weirdness

    Too late for me. Working for the government (at a National Laboratory) I'm already a robot.
  6. Fall! Cold ice snow! Ahhhhh!!!

    I had a Spitfire. My motorcycle has 3 times the horsepower.
  7. Fall! Cold ice snow! Ahhhhh!!!

    I don't mind driving in it, even with FWD my snow tires (I have extra rims and swap them out in December) do great. Otherwise, winter and snow stinks, don't like the shoveling and the cold. Thinking of moving to Missouri.
  8. Pay for "Turn by Turn" GPS?

    I'm very happy with my Garmin. You can take it from vehicle to vehicle and it doesn't require connectivity.
  9. Upcoming Nissan Rogue hybrid will have no transmission

    A combination of a train and a minibike.
  10. What’s Something You Notice More After Owning Your Maverick for a While?

    Now you don't put it into gear. You ask it to go into gear.
  11. What’s Something You Notice More After Owning Your Maverick for a While?

    On Amazon you can get a little step that fits into your hitch. I use a little piece of 2x2 sq tubing.
  12. What’s Something You Notice More After Owning Your Maverick for a While?

    What do i notice? That there are a LOT more Mavericks around now then back in '23.
  13. What's up with my MPG on the Hwy with my Hybrid?

    True. I'm going to fill it up when it gets low anyway but it's nice knowing and I get a kick pushing the MPGs up even if it doesn't matter much. Now that I don't work on modifying my rides I still like to play with them.
  14. Upcoming Nissan Rogue hybrid will have no transmission

    Well, we will see. Electromotive has been doing it for a long time. Is it going to be a plug-in? That would be smart.
  15. Awesome MPG!!!

    No, it's real battery power. It's that high because he wasn't running on the ICE. If he had run a little farther the ICE would have kicked in using more fuel.
  16. Awesome MPG!!!

    Now, you have to keep that average number going for 10,000 miles. You can do it.
  17. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    Little weird but I like the practicality. They'd never allow a vehicle without bumpers.
  18. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    Yeah, more physical knobs and a hand lever parking brake. Default to eco mode. And, most importantly; a SuperCab with a longer bed.
  19. Unable to hold a charge

    I don't like the lack of an OFF position on the light switch.
  20. Unable to hold a charge

    After all these threads I went and got myself a voltmeter for the cigarette lighter to see what's going on real time. Sounds like it's not your battery but that's a job for the dealer. Good luck!




Top