Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am in the same boat as the OP was 6 months ago. I think I am gonna wait for the 2023 model and get a hybrid. As much as I love my Ranger FX4, I never tow and used 4x4 one time. I had. 2017 Escape with the 2.0 and it was solid but the fuel economy sucked worse than my Ranger does. I didn’t realize the 8 speed was related to the joint venture with GM until reading this three, which is even more reason to stay away from it. I’d love a Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 with 4K tow but the reality is that it would be overkill and a more expensive vehicle. Thanks for the good read in this thread even though it has aged a bit. I hope you all enjoy your Mavs.
Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I have had my hybrid for two months now, my son and many others want to buy it. I can't afford to let it go, it saves way too much money per month. Also You will save way more on gas than you think, it gets way more than 33 on the highway. My mpg gauge goes up every time I hit the freeway and as gas prices raise the advantage increases. I would never go back and order a 2.0.

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with AWD because I wanted an independent rear suspension for a comfy ride and more traction. If you drive sensibly, 28-30 mpg is easy to achieve with the 2.0 ECO and 8 speed automatic. I’d say go with the hybrid if you’re looking for a commuter type vehicle and mpg is important over performance. My other vehicle is a Toyota Corolla hybrid.

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to periodically tow 3,000 lbs so I don't get an option. If I didn't tow, it would be a Hybrid, as this is my daily driver and the most adventure I see is gravel driveways.
Sponsored