First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The a is missing that is an LST not 1st it’s what I get for giant hands on an iPhone XR
Last in the first run - ok, that makes more sense.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I was going to buy an XL simply for the value of it. I decided that I wanted cruise control, the better interior, and more tie downs, so I upgraded to XLT. I did not add Copilot or the Luxury Package. The only features I wanted from copilot were front collision (standard on xl even) and adaptive cruise control (lariat lux only). The latter was not worth many thousands just to get the 'top trim'.

Unless this is a bare bones work truck, I think the XLT is the best value.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally undecided on whether to go with XLT, Lariat or First Edition (flaky, I know). My current vehicle is fully loaded so I’m not sure I want to step down with respect to luxury and safety options. Can’t decide if a $10k jump is worth the upgrade. Appreciate your input!
Well from one Loudouner to another (I relocated to Phoenix) GO FOR THE GOLD..... Lariat First Edition... You owe it to your self...

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Good advice. I think some of the features like power driver’s seat, high end stereo with Sirius, moonroof, etc are moving me to the Lariat. Then, hey, why not First Edition?! Thanks all.
Good call! If you go Hybrid (which, having had a hybrid, I would always recommend over gas unless you’re doing some off-roading or need it for work), you’re looking at around $32k. It’s when you go w/ the gas engine that you start getting into the mid-30s. Yeah, I’m going hybrid Lariat for all the added tech/features that I use a lot. I’m going first edition for the nice additional touches - decent graphics, bed cover, moon roof, nicer wheels, et cetera. Anyway, good luck with the selection, but you’d be in good company going w/ the Lariat 1st edition! 😀

OP
OP
jennifer1162

jennifer1162

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Decision made - First Edition! Thanks for the input. Once I did my want and wish lists, I was there.

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally undecided on whether to go with XLT, Lariat or First Edition (flaky, I know). My current vehicle is fully loaded so I’m not sure I want to step down with respect to luxury and safety options. Can’t decide if a $10k jump is worth the upgrade. Appreciate your input!
It's May 2022 and I still can't decide! Lol!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT with Lux Package probably the best value (my daughter has that one). I have to have adaptive cruise and paying an additional $3k for it is worth it to me, but probably will not be recoverable when I sell it to the next person. The First Edition was kind of a waste because I don't ever think I will open the sun roof and you can't really see the black roof all that well. The FE folding tonneau cover is a good one though and I probably would have missed out on that if i hadn't bought FE. I guess i wasted about $1k on the FE stickers and sun roof. Now that dealers are selling them for $7,500 over list I'm still not in too bad of shape.

OP
OP
jennifer1162

jennifer1162

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT with Lux Package probably the best value (my daughter has that one). I have to have adaptive cruise and paying an additional $3k for it is worth it to me, but probably will not be recoverable when I sell it to the next person. The First Edition was kind of a waste because I don't ever think I will open the sun roof and you can't really see the black roof all that well. The FE folding tonneau cover is a good one though and I probably would have missed out on that if i hadn't bought FE. I guess i wasted about $1k on the FE stickers and sun roof. Now that dealers are selling them for $7,500 over list I'm still not in too bad of shape.
Order a '23 and trade or sell, will probably make up the 3k or more. Car market doesn't appear to be changing for a long while.

Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order a '23 and trade or sell, will probably make up the 3k or more. Car market doesn't appear to be changing for a long while.
I have the seat adjusted the way I like...

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the seat adjusted the way I like...

Haha that's a good one. I have a hold me over till my order arrives, and am already on the list at Chapman for '23. If the market stays like this, I feel like I have to take advantage of my equity while I can. I am not rich, and if trading in drops my overall investment 3-6k per trade, I can't look away for that. I would rather the market normalizes for everyone else trying to buy, but a lower car payment means more $$$ to cover my student loans, or the exploding rent rates.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha that's a good one. I have a hold me over till my order arrives, and am already on the list at Chapman for '23. If the market stays like this, I feel like I have to take advantage of my equity while I can. I am not rich, and if trading in drops my overall investment 3-6k per trade, I can't look away for that. I would rather the market normalizes for everyone else trying to buy, but a lower car payment means more $$$ to cover my student loans, or the exploding rent rates.
God bless ya... keep fighting the fight!

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted a key. I wanted adaptive cruise. Key xlt won. I like fabric seats over leather. I really hate keyless and button start. I ordered the safe so I could lock the door with a keypad lock the key in the safe go do what ever and it would be hard to steal. With keyless they break window push button and go.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the Maverick not smart enough to know when someone has locked the smartkey in the truck with the keypad? I would bet it is and the key is disabled.

Someone with a Lariat, confirm please.
Sponsored