First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150. Focus. Toyota Tocoma TRD. Jeep and now Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last year I purchased and took delivery of a hybrid Maverick.. Absolutely love it.. Have another one on order. In the past I owned 9 new Silverado's and 3 new F150. Thinking about canceling the Maverick that's on order. Dealer doesn't seem to give a c*** about selling me a new MAVRICK. Putting a Toyota Stout on order. Any comments?
Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last year I purchased and took delivery of a hybrid Maverick.. Absolutely love it.. Have another one on order. In the past I owned 9 new Silverado's and 3 new F150. Thinking about canceling the Maverick that's on order. Dealer doesn't seem to give a c*** about selling me a new MAVRICK. Putting a Toyota Stout on order. Any comments?
You do realize there is no such thing as a stout right now? So far it's all clickbait, I wouldn't expect to see one here for a couple of years minimum, assuming you're in the states.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You already have one Maverick, I would change it up and go with something different. I love my Maverick but don't see the point in having two. Enjoy!

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You already have one Maverick, I would change it up and go with something different. I love my Maverick but don't see the point in having two. Enjoy!
How about an EB and a hybrid? For when your mood (or the fuel prices) change.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If your local Toyota dealer is taking "orders" of a non-existent vehicle that only exists on clickbait Youtube channels by now, then I do believe you have a scam artist at your local Toyota dealership.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every "Stout" image I've seen is nothing more than a poorly photoshopped Maverick picture :rolleyes:
Ford Maverick Mavrick vs Toyota Stout Toyota-Stout-2024-1

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cancel the mav on order and order the new version of Ranger or Taco. That way you’ve experienced the small, mid and full size trucks.
the stout is just all bullshit for now and awhile.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was told that the wait time for an ordered Corolla Cross was 10 to 12 months. What will the wait time on the Tiny Taco be?

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For 100000000x there’s no sign one even coming here to the us . With the prerunner coming back I don’t see it

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For 100000000x there’s no sign one even coming here to the us . With the prerunner coming back I don’t see it
The PreRunner is just a fancied up RWD Tacoma trim (think Ranger FX2). So it doesn't really address a smaller form factor.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Stout, if it happens, will be here no earlier than 2025. I'm sure it will have the usual Toyota build quality and reliability. And the usual Toyota price premium.

Meanwhile, the Maverick is somewhat available now if you're willing to open your wallet, or will be available in greater numbers this fall or next spring. Are you sure you're not cutting off your nose?

I got another 45-day Dear John email last week, and no happy ending email yesterday. But I'm willing to give Ford until September to send me that happy email; after that I'll move on to Plan B. The Mav will be/would have been my first domestic nameplate new car purchase after a life of buying Japanese-based vehicles, so I wanted to give the hometown team a shot. But there are other great hybrid choices in that price range that I'm willing to try.

Shepherd_Book

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen the thumbnails for the 'new hot Maverick killer' from Toyota, Subaru, and Chevrolet. Each and every time it's just a badly photo shopped Maverick or Santa Cruz. Until they produce an image of at least a prototype I won't believe they exist as anything more than a paper concept.

I was fortunate to get a 22 Hybrid after only 9 months of waiting, and I love the truck. It's not perfect, but it basically does everything I need a vehicle to do. I'd be happier if it was a PHEV, and maybe a slightly nicer interior. However at the price I payed, I'm happy.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told that the wait time for an ordered Corolla Cross was 10 to 12 months. What will the wait time on the Tiny Taco be?
I assume you are referring to the new hybrid version.
Sponsored