First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So for a little bit more than the price of a Maverick lariat with luxury package, you can get a new Tundra SR, which actually has a lot of standard features with it. This has me yet again indecisive about rather I want the maverick or something else. I have a pre order in for a hybrid with lariat lux. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of having good fuel economy. However, the tundra is tempting, and I think the quality is definitely superior even in the base model SR, which comes standard with adaptive cruise control already. What do you guys think? I don't tow anything currently, but the extra capability would be nice.......

Ford Maverick Maverick vs 2022 Toyota Tundra sr images
Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those are not fair vehicle comparisons. 2 very different trucks. The drivers and expectations/uses/bro-ness are different.

The Mav has entered the chat.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would never get a Lariat with lux or a modern Japanese car. Sorry no comparison for me.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
its about a 5-6k difference if you get it 4x4 and with the tow package, not bad really. If you need a fullsize then yea its a valid option but its not in the Mavericks competition. Also before anyone jumps on the toyota peen of reliability its a completely new engine platform for them so you are going in as blind as new maverick owners.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So for a little bit more than the price of a Maverick lariat with luxury package, you can get a new Tundra SR, which actually has a lot of standard features with it. This has me yet again indecisive about rather I want the maverick or something else. I have a pre order in for a hybrid with lariat lux. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of having good fuel economy. However, the tundra is tempting, and I think the quality is definitely superior even in the base model SR, which comes standard with adaptive cruise control already. What do you guys think? I don't tow anything currently, but the extra capability would be nice.......

images.jpeg
I think you should get the truck that best fits your needs/wants, which I do not, nor anyone else here, know.

But if it's just a popular vote contest, I'll say Mav every time. 🤠

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
Only reason to get the maverick is fuel economy and price. Are those important to you?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want a small truck with all the bells and whistles, go with the lariat lux Maverick.

If you want a basic big truck for more money, go with the Tundra.

I wanted a basic small truck, so I went with an XL Maverick.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny comparison, but I get it..... if my circumstances were different (willing to spend $40-50K and drove a lot less) I would totally go for a full size truck. Pre-pandemic my go to truck would have been a F150 Super Crew with STX package.... you could get them for under $30K.... so my fight was always 'I drive 20K+ miles a year, do I want to spend that much on gas'

Currently it's a no brainer for me, I would choose a Maverick. If they were exact same price, that would be tough but I I would most likely be getting a Maverick XLT Hybrid so pretty big price difference.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also the new turbocharged engines have notoriously been having wastegate failure problems which can involve a full cab-off repair and chronically backordered parts.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard (impossible?) to compare a Tundra to a Maverick, even if they approach cost parity.

A comment I've always heard from Tundra owners - a Tundra is powerful and can pass almost anything on the road - except a gas station....
Why? No one is saying they are similar. Why can't you compare anything you want? It's how you find advantages & disadvantages. I never understood the mindset of you can only compare things if they are nearly the same.

I was choosing (comparing) between another F150 & the Mav, basically the same scenario as the OP.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not impossible to compare them, but it is odd that the OP ordered a Maverick Hybrid (with all of the capability "limits" it comes with) but then says that he would find the extra capability nice.. even though he doesn't tow anything.

Is the extra capability that you don't need worth the trade-offs? It will get likely less than half the MPG of the Maverick and much larger and more cumbersome.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you aren't putting a big truck to work, it's a lot of money to eat up front with the increased cost and down the road with fuel economy. Also, you might turn into the person doing a 5-point turn trying to park your full-sized truck in a spot at Walmart when all you needed was a commuter :ROFLMAO: Different strokes for different folks though! The Maverick uncertainty/wait times cause a lot of people to second guess the choice...I've done the same myself.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since there's not lot to compare to lets look at the real world comparisons the basics of truck/car.
MPG Maverick
Price Maverick
cargo room Tundra.
Towing Tundra.
If you want cruise control just get xlt maverick your still saving over 10k. If you have baseball family could fit all your baseball stuff in a maverick? Yes you could. Could you fit in a tundra yes obviously Can family of 4 fit into maverick over 3 hr drive? yes you could. Biggest question youll have to answer is your budget and how much money your will spend for your life style. If you have no desire to tow anything , the maverick works at better price. Availability goes to tundra right now.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I should bought a tacoma. Sure little worse gas mileage but way better over all from warranty. Getting very annoyed at ford. Bumper to bumper means nothing
Sponsored