First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The PreRunner is just a fancied up RWD Tacoma trim (think Ranger FX2). So it doesn't really address a smaller form factor.
That means it will not be good in the snow. Can't compete with FWD.
Sponsored

MAVornoMavisthequestion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The difference between the Stout and maverick is 1 thing. The Toyota you will be able to buy unlike the Ford. Toyota has issues with orders as the Dealer can not select options, colors, trims that come into the dealer. However given that I do not trust Ford at all anymore. Having both maverick and Bronco orders. I will likely never see either of them.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The PreRunner is just a fancied up RWD Tacoma trim (think Ranger FX2). So it doesn't really address a smaller form factor.
while true if its priced around 33-35K and gets 21-24 mpg I think that will suffice for Toyota compact truck segment. They are offering like 8 trims i just dont see where the production fits in for a "stout".

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
while true if its priced around 33-35K and gets 21-24 mpg I think that will suffice for Toyota compact truck segment. They are offering like 8 trims i just dont see where the production fits in for a "stout".
I would agree with that, especially in the US market

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt it will be that cheap. Don't forget it's still a mid-trim comparable to the TRD Sport or TRD Offroad with the concessions being 2WD, access cab (only?), and leaf springs.

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That means it will not be good in the snow. Can't compete with FWD.
69 SAAB, 74 SAAB, 80 Chevy Citation, 2000 Civic, 2005 Sentra, 2010 Vibe (Matrix), 2015 Camry. All Front Wheel Drive only. Got stuck ONCE and that was my own fault. FWD means you can go four times further into the ditch. FWD and AWD just add weight and complexity.
I live in North East Iowa, so I have seen my share of blizzards, ice and drifts.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt it will be that cheap. Don't forget it's still a mid-trim comparable to the TRD Sport or TRD Offroad with the concessions being 2WD, access cab (only?), and leaf springs.
guess we will see but as you mentioned leaf springs. 2wd only i believe will make it under 35k . Nobody going shell 2d for 36k or higher.. 2d 2wd fits alot needs for lot people at reasonable price

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The difference between the Stout and maverick is 1 thing. The Toyota you will be able to buy unlike the Ford. Toyota has issues with orders as the Dealer can not select options, colors, trims that come into the dealer. However given that I do not trust Ford at all anymore. Having both maverick and Bronco orders. I will likely never see either of them.
You actually cannot buy the the Stout because the Stout does not exist.
I have a feeling you'll get your Maverick order before the Stout makes it out of the R&D lab

taylore90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allpurposegolf.com
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last year I purchased and took delivery of a hybrid Maverick.. Absolutely love it.. Have another one on order. In the past I owned 9 new Silverado's and 3 new F150. Thinking about canceling the Maverick that's on order. Dealer doesn't seem to give a c*** about selling me a new MAVRICK. Putting a Toyota Stout on order. Any comments?
I don't know what exactly you're coming to this forum to ask that you don't already know yourself.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only stout I like is beer!

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last year I purchased and took delivery of a hybrid Maverick.. Absolutely love it.. Have another one on order. In the past I owned 9 new Silverado's and 3 new F150. Thinking about canceling the Maverick that's on order. Dealer doesn't seem to give a c*** about selling me a new MAVRICK. Putting a Toyota Stout on order. Any comments?
You can put an order for a 2025 Toyota scout, I'll order a 2025 Camaro, let's see which one gets here first.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

TOYOTA STOUT = SASQUATCH = ALIENS

For the last time, there is NO Toyota Stout.

IF Toyota is working on a small pickup for the North American market, you are looking at 2026 or beyond.

I am now going to hit the ignore button on this post and head back to reality...

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can put an order for a 2025 Toyota scout, I'll order a 2025 Camaro, let's see which one gets here first.
My money will be on the 2025 Camaro, since it will exist (last model year) and has no lines to buy.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
69 SAAB, 74 SAAB, 80 Chevy Citation, 2000 Civic, 2005 Sentra, 2010 Vibe (Matrix), 2015 Camry. All Front Wheel Drive only. Got stuck ONCE and that was my own fault. FWD means you can go four times further into the ditch. FWD and AWD just add weight and complexity.
I live in North East Iowa, so I have seen my share of blizzards, ice and drifts.
They were talking about a rear wheel drive Toyota with the lowest starting price.
Sponsored