First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After speaking numerous times with my Ford dealer, they said hybrid base and lariat was by far the most ordered they said my base xl with ecoboost will probably be late nov early dec.
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is one thing I am confused about. The gas engine has 162HP & 155Lb-Ft of torque. The 94KW electric motor has 173Ft-Lb of torque.. But the overall combined HP is only 191??? A 94KW motor calculates out to 102HP by itself... What gives here?? The specs imply the electric motor will only give the truck an extra 29 HP......
The electric motor and regular motor don't operate in tandem power wise, so its not straight additive. Under certain conditions the electric motor will operate at full blast alone and do 102ish hp. Under certain circumstances the gas engine will operate on its own at 162hp Under certain circumstances they'll work together at some middle ground. 191hp is just the maximum power you'll get under the most demanding circumstance from both.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A hot rod this truck is not. It's a commuter vehicle with truck capabilities. Stick to what it is and go hybrid....IMO. It's what I ordered. I wanted MPG followed by utility. The FWD will do fine in snow; especially with winter tires (not all season).
You may very well be correct on the hot rod comment. On the other hand, a fairly lightweight unibody frame (for a truck) designed to handle 1500lb payload may turn out to be a very solid chassis for hotrod mods. Won't really know till people start playing with them though.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is one thing I am confused about. The gas engine has 162HP & 155Lb-Ft of torque. The 94KW electric motor has 173Ft-Lb of torque.. But the overall combined HP is only 191??? A 94KW motor calculates out to 102HP by itself... What gives here?? The specs imply the electric motor will only give the truck an extra 29 HP......

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
A hot rod this truck is not. It's a commuter vehicle with truck capabilities. Stick to what it is and go hybrid....IMO. It's what I ordered. I wanted MPG followed by utility. The FWD will do fine in snow; especially with winter tires (not all season).
Anything is a hotrod if you throw enough money and parts at it :sneaky:

On that note, I get much more enjoyment making a vehicle do things it was never really intended to do than make a vehicle do something its very good at. If I was at Mazda Laguna Seca WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca and I had to pick between my modified Honda Fit and my stock Honda Civic Type R (sold), I'd choose my Honda Fit every single damn time despite the Type R being better in every conceivable way.

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
agreed. Where's that guy who said Hyundai "beat Ford to the punch" now? :ROFLMAO: Looks like they actually just :poop: all over the early reveal parade...
why keep concentrating on the Santa Cruz if not interested? I only focus on Maverick.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My partner more, or less, demands the Lariat for the premium seat material. Going that route, it will be tough to avoid the Luxury + First Ed route, though I'm not planning to buy until early 2022.
Probably won't get a FE next year, will probably be sold out only limited number being sold.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

maybe I'm missing it on specs or looking in the wrong place, but trying to find out if the base XL with 2.0 Turbo has push button start or an actual keyed ignition? Also if it has Auto start/stop - if so is there a disable button like my F-150 has? That, and if sway control included with 4k towing package are my only questions at this point.
Keyed ignition std.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thing I noticed is that the First Ed comes with 17" wheels rather than 18s. I know the FE wheels are unique to that package, but surprised by the smaller wheels. Is this a cosmetic thing?

Also, no Kodiak Brown as a color choice. I never liked the browns/tans in the past when they were more popular but they've grown on me as I become an old fart. Not sure if I would have ordered it had it been available though.
Do 18” wheels get better gas mileage than 17” wheels?

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
short answer is no assuming the same rolling dia but different style tires can impact mileage.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the specs. And I think Hyundai is doing the …… oh shit. Right about now.
Ford did what it always does, dominate the truck market
nah I don't think so - there approach to the market was notably different in so many ways. I have the SC Limited and it is well built, very comfortable, fast, that meets my needs...

While driving it handles well and the AWD is not even engaged 90% of the time I drive it, functioning on FWD efficiency.

These are markably and remarkably 2 different vehicles, as nearly every "review" has stated - get the one that fits your needs, satisfaction level and get out and have fun with it!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid FE has 225/60/r18 the 225/65/r17 so the rev/mile will be within 6 which could be narrowed by moving the one with lower (probably the 60's) to 235's will have to check tire brand specs to balance revs/mile. One or two accelerator variances will change mpg more. Also total weight of tires and rims will also affect output. Center of mass of wheel and rim also.
Sponsored