First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Trim
XL
After speaking numerous times with my Ford dealer, they said hybrid base and lariat was by far the most ordered they said my base xl with ecoboost will probably be late nov early dec.

bombast

XL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Trim
XL
Here is one thing I am confused about. The gas engine has 162HP & 155Lb-Ft of torque. The 94KW electric motor has 173Ft-Lb of torque.. But the overall combined HP is only 191??? A 94KW motor calculates out to 102HP by itself... What gives here?? The specs imply the electric motor will only give the truck an extra 29 HP......
The electric motor and regular motor don't operate in tandem power wise, so its not straight additive. Under certain conditions the electric motor will operate at full blast alone and do 102ish hp. Under certain circumstances the gas engine will operate on its own at 162hp Under certain circumstances they'll work together at some middle ground. 191hp is just the maximum power you'll get under the most demanding circumstance from both.

WesM

XLT
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Trim
XLT
A hot rod this truck is not. It's a commuter vehicle with truck capabilities. Stick to what it is and go hybrid....IMO. It's what I ordered. I wanted MPG followed by utility. The FWD will do fine in snow; especially with winter tires (not all season).
You may very well be correct on the hot rod comment. On the other hand, a fairly lightweight unibody frame (for a truck) designed to handle 1500lb payload may turn out to be a very solid chassis for hotrod mods. Won't really know till people start playing with them though.

Randy H.

XLT
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Trim
XLT
Here is one thing I am confused about. The gas engine has 162HP & 155Lb-Ft of torque. The 94KW electric motor has 173Ft-Lb of torque.. But the overall combined HP is only 191??? A 94KW motor calculates out to 102HP by itself... What gives here?? The specs imply the electric motor will only give the truck an extra 29 HP......

JamesHenry

Lariat
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Trim
Lariat
A hot rod this truck is not. It's a commuter vehicle with truck capabilities. Stick to what it is and go hybrid....IMO. It's what I ordered. I wanted MPG followed by utility. The FWD will do fine in snow; especially with winter tires (not all season).
Anything is a hotrod if you throw enough money and parts at it :sneaky:

On that note, I get much more enjoyment making a vehicle do things it was never really intended to do than make a vehicle do something its very good at. If I was at Mazda Laguna Seca WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca and I had to pick between my modified Honda Fit and my stock Honda Civic Type R (sold), I'd choose my Honda Fit every single damn time despite the Type R being better in every conceivable way.

Benson

XLT
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro EX
Trim
XLT
agreed. Where's that guy who said Hyundai "beat Ford to the punch" now? :ROFLMAO: Looks like they actually just :poop: all over the early reveal parade...
why keep concentrating on the Santa Cruz if not interested? I only focus on Maverick.

RicksMaverick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Lariat
Trim
First Edition
My partner more, or less, demands the Lariat for the premium seat material. Going that route, it will be tough to avoid the Luxury + First Ed route, though I'm not planning to buy until early 2022.
Probably won't get a FE next year, will probably be sold out only limited number being sold.

RicksMaverick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Lariat
Trim
First Edition
maybe I'm missing it on specs or looking in the wrong place, but trying to find out if the base XL with 2.0 Turbo has push button start or an actual keyed ignition? Also if it has Auto start/stop - if so is there a disable button like my F-150 has? That, and if sway control included with 4k towing package are my only questions at this point.
Keyed ignition std.

Old Ranchero

XL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 GC 2022 Beta X-Trainer, Yamahas
Trim
XL