Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Kind of a surprising observation I made driving my new Maverick which is the base model in black, which also has the black grille bar and all black trim, when driving behind a car everybody keeps driving very slowly and deliberately....Annoying until I realized that the Mav bears a close resemblance to the Explorers front end wise that the PD uses around my area, didn't occur to me until my wife and daughter were wondering on multiple occasions why everybody was moving so slowly. The local sheriff's SUV's are black, and PD uses black for their unmarked vehicle color too. Anyone else notice this phenomena? Guess they don't see the pickup bed in the rear view!
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...The local sheriff's SUV's are black, and PD uses black for their unmarked vehicle color too. Anyone else notice this phenomena?...
Of course, I haven't noticed it with my Cactus Gray XL. But years ago, my dad owned a plain-jane white Crown Vic and he always had the same thing happen, when driving it. I loved taking it on the freeway - the traffic would slow down and change lanes to get out of the way of the cop car.

Enjoy your unmarked. :)

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of a surprising observation I made driving my new Maverick which is the base model in black, which also has the black grille bar and all black trim, when driving behind a car everybody keeps driving very slowly and deliberately....Annoying until I realized that the Mav bears a close resemblance to the Explorers front end wise that the PD uses around my area, didn't occur to me until my wife and daughter were wondering on multiple occasions why everybody was moving so slowly. The local sheriff's SUV's are black, and PD uses black for their unmarked vehicle color too. Anyone else notice this phenomena? Guess they don't see the pickup bed in the rear view!
Got you beat. I used to have a BMW R 1100 RTP motorcycle that the previous owner put the daytime flashing headlight on as a safety feature. The RTP was BMWs police bike. It was great on the interstate (left lane always open) but a pain on a 2 lane rural road (drivers always 2 mph slower than speed limit). Funny thing is I had a lot of police officers wave to me on that bike that hasn't happened since I got my new BMW bike.

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Show pics

Sponsored

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, with the "Antenna" mounting as it does.
I TOO would take a "Double-take" behind me... o_O

Jerry

Last edited:

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine