Sponsored

Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$?

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would never have ordered an FE Lariat Lux being as frugal as I am but after wanting a hybrid and getting screwed by GY Daytona I lucked into this perfect truck! šŸ„° I canā€™t think of anything I donā€™t like about the Lariat! I just hope it doesnā€™t spoil me for wanting all the bells and whistles in the future lol!
Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat with CP360. Sound screen windshield is nice. Great not needing a key for any reason. Matching door handles and mirrors. Front headlight upgrade. Seat material and color. Worth it to me.

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
I purchased the 2.0 Eco boost, hot pepper red, lariat lux, FX4, 4K tow, moon roof, hard tri fold cover, and alloy wheels. I love everything about it, the color is stunning the interior is great looking and I love the overall truck. Yes for me the lariat was the only way to go since I like the bells and whistles and the interior of the lariat was in my opinion very nice looking and comfortable. I ordered mine in early August picked it up in late January drove it a mile and a half to home and parked it in the garage. It will sit till the nicer weather so around April I will start driving it and will know how much I really like it or not.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Similar to what others have mentioned, in all my years - I'm 65, the early days starting out on my own and all I had to go with lower trim levels, etc. But once I got established I went with the upper trim levels regardless of vehicle, but especially for the wife. So much time is spent in the vehicle, at least for me over the years, all the bells and whistles in the upper trims made the day and ride much better and I didn't have to "add this", "upgrade that", etc. My suggestion would be to go with the highest trim level you can WITHIN your budget and do the best you can to not be a slave to debt

Doc Randie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worth it for everything, but especially the leather seats / dash. I would have not got this truck if I had the standard interior.

Sponsored

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting on my Lariat + Lux hybrid to be built. I wanted the bells and whistles for 31K and change out the door. I will keep it for 10 years or more so the xtra $$$ is worth it to me.
Sounds just like mine, Lariat Lux Hybrid. My wifes subaru has adaptive cruise control, push button start, and a bunch of safety features that make it great. Along with the quieter windshield and other features, If you can afford the extra features, they really spoil a person and they help resale value too.

Last edited:

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When justifying the price of options or upgrades the number of kids you have will make a big difference. If you've only got 1 kid and spend an extra $3,000, when your estate is settled after you are dead, he or she will be out the whole $3,000. But if you've got 6 kids, shoot that's only $500 per kid when they settle your estate, the kids won't even notice that. Go ahead and spend it.
excellent math

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worth it? Every penny! Great ride, pretty little truck which I admire every time I walk back to it in the far reaches of the parking lot. Gas mileage is close to 29 so far (<500 Miles) in city driving, adaptive cruise is great, learning to love the auto stop/start and break hold. The way I figure it, I got an $1100 discount by ordering before the price increase. My first new vehicle was a 1970 Ford Maverick 2-door so you might say I've come full circle in 52 years.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350ā€™s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Adaptive Cruise

Silver Weasel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Lariat, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes yes and yes.

Sponsored

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My present car is a 85 VW Vanagon, so even the the XL (with a back up camera and working AC!) seems lux to me.

Questions-

Do the XL and XLT not have lumbar support?

How good (bad?) is the standard sound system?

I really think the only thing that I want in the XLT that the Xl doesn't have it cruise control, and the only thing in the Lariat that the XLT doesn's have is the upgraded sound system. I'm wondering how much all that is worth?

ps. I don't really love any of the factory rims, so I'd probably get after market rims right away.

Last edited:

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My present car is a 85 VW Vanagon, so even the the XL (with a back up camera and working AC!) seems lux to me.

Questions-

Do the XL and XLT not have lumbar support?

How good (bad?) is the standard sound system?

I really think the only thing that I want in the XLT that the Xl doesn't have it cruise control, and the only thing in the Lariat that the XLT doesn's have is the upgraded sound system. I'm wondering how much all that is worth?

ps. I don't really love any of the factory rims, so I'd probably get after market rims right away.
adjustable lumbar support for the front seats. In base models so yes. XLT is worth the upgrade. Nicer rims than the Steelies. Lariat looks nice if you want that leather look personally I I like cloth seats since thatā€™s all Iā€™ve ever had. Standard sound system is good and works well. No issues there.

013SamIAm

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Flex, 1965 Ford Galaxie, 2014 Toyota Camry
Yes, but get what you want/need/like. To each his own. It is the only way to get the Active-X seats, which are very nice and much easier to keep clean with kids and pets. I couldn't get the XLT due to the orange accents reminding me of Clemson or TN or Syracuse. The XL was just too stripped of options.......cruise, etc. Each person's story is different.
"I couldn't get the XLT due to the orange accents reminding me of Clemson or TN"

Best thing I have read yet! Thank you for making my day!!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"I couldn't get the XLT due to the orange accents reminding me of Clemson or TN"

Best thing I have read yet! Thank you for making my day!!
Although touched upon, nobody has really talked about the dual zone climate control, only available in the Lariat. My bride and I always seem to be on the opposite ends of the thermometer. So now she has hers and I have mine. Works for us!
That, and the No-reaching rear window!
Other stuff, too. But the cc made the difference.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me it's a meh answer. I don't carry passengers often and no one else drives the Mav and seats have never been adjusted since day 1 so not sure its worth the xtra money for power seats, same for the dual zone AC. As far as the bigger dash screen I don't care what size it is, I prefer cloth seats but active-x are nice but again not worth the added cost. 18" wheels nice but would be happy with XLT wheels. Have no clue if the quiet windshield really helps. Don't care about upgraded lighting features and not sure what other differences are but not important to me. I ordered another Mav but a XLT so when it arrives I can decide which one I will keep. Don't get me wrong I like the Mav but could be happy with a XLT or a Lariat but didn't want a XL. Only real important items to me were the 2.0, 4k and 360, everything else is a personal choice but mostly fluff for me. Once the honeymoon is over its just a nice little truck.
Sponsored