Sponsored

Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$?

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid: Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although touched upon, nobody has really talked about the dual zone climate control, only available in the Lariat. My bride and I always seem to be on the opposite ends of the thermometer. So now she has hers and I have mine. Works for us!
That, and the No-reaching rear window!
Other stuff, too. But the cc made the difference.
I agree about the dual zone. My 2014 Fusion hybrid has it and...it's a marriage saver.
Sponsored

Caleb Smith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I chose the Lariat because of the signature headlights, taillights, larger activity screen in the instrument panel, and the fact that it had push to start.

I wasn't thrilled about the leather because I typically don't like leather seats.

I'm super happy that I went with the Lariat if ONLY for the seats. The color combination looks great, The seats are comfortable and durable. I have to say, outside of people just generally being impressed by the Maverick upon seeing it, the interior is where I've received the most compliments.

I chose not to go with the Lux package as I didn't want heated seats or steering wheel. I'm very happy with the route I chose. Averaging about 47 MPG on regular commutes to work and home.

Hybrid Lariat in Oxford White

Attachments

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. The seats are great and very comfortable. I particularly like them because of my dog and how easy it is to clean up the slobber on them. If I had cloth it would have been a major pain.
got a seat cover for the back seat and my dog really likes the truck. easy to get in and out of.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm all for certain creature comforts and options and I had 4k tow, AWD, sliding window, 360, sunroof and a few other things for $27k on my XL. Added factory cruise for $200 and a set of Ford wheels and bigger tires for $1k. After a certain point it ceases to be a nice affordable small truck. I could not justify the price tag for the minimal amount of upgrades to get a Lariat and I have the money to do so.

Skysail118

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 1st Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted as many extras as possible. Someone ran into my "parked" 2017 Explorer Platinum Edition and completely totaled it. It was a dream car for me. I ordered Explorer back in 2016 and it was loaded with everything I could possibly add. Among the many extras were heated/cooled and massaging seats. However, instead on buying a new Explorer, I decided to order a new Maverick! I drove an old beater and waited 8 months for my 1st Edition! I miss many of the things I had on the Explorer, but I love the 43 mpg I get with my Maverick. For the money I got for the Explorer I also purchased the wife a new Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid. Wish I had the heads-up display on my Maverick.

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What makes it worth it?
"If one has to ask, then perhaps one should consider a less expensive vehicle. For those who know - Lariat."

Ford Maverick Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$? POE-general-use-waiter

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What makes it worth it?

And...do you like the softex seats?

For me, seat comfort is the number one concern, then mpg, then payload.
Absolutely worth the added cost and delivery frustrations. Got Baby delivered after only 9 months so count myself lucky. Just a base Lariat package with full size spare and Alto paint. Main reason i wanted Lariat was for the dual colored seats, thought they looked cool.

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
The cruise control is worth it for me. I will not buy another vehicle without advanced cruise control, especially since I intend to use the maverick for long distance camping and biking trips.

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like others, at this point in my life I want the bells and whistles. A big part of wanting the acc and other driving aids was the plan for us to hand this car off to our youngest in a few years when he goes to college. I wanted him to have the safety features.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought my lariat with lux package for the extra safety features. Adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring and reverse sensors.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat Lux all packages but First Edition and added a moonroof. Yes worth it, fully loaded out the door with 4% under invoice was $35,600 for me.

As far as seats go, most comfortable I’ve had in a vehicle for my 1600 mile round trips to see family. And I either drive 8 hrs straight and stop for the night or drive straight through for 12 hrs.
How fast will that Maverick go? 1600 miles in 12 hours. Mine is pretty peppy but it won’t go that fast.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bought my lariat with lux package for the extra safety features. Adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring and reverse sensors.
When I got my 21 Ranger I never thought I would even want or use these features but my wife liked the Lariat so we got it. So I really liked them after a year and we got a loaded Lariat Mav for her. I miss the front sensors on the Mav but she is really liking the extra features.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the trims are outstanding values when compared to the rest of the market. The Lariat Lux is a really nice place to pass miles. Sure feels nicer than it's price tag. I've also got an XL on order, to see if the $10K savings is worth it. At this point tho, I think I'll be keeping the Lariat, I'm really enjoying all the added features.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I got my 21 Ranger I never thought I would even want or use these features but my wife liked the Lariat so we got it. So I really liked them after a year and we got a loaded Lariat Mav for her. I miss the front sensors on the Mav but she is really liking the extra features.
I also miss those front bumper sensors, self dimming rear view mirror. And ford cheap out on the rear door unlock sensors by leaving those out. Hate having to reach in my pocket to get key fob to unlock rear doors or open front doors and push button on inside of door to unlock back doors.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lariat Lux all packages but First Edition and added a moonroof. Yes worth it, fully loaded out the door with 4% under invoice was $35,600 for me.

As far as seats go, most comfortable I’ve had in a vehicle for my 1600 mile round trips to see family. And I either drive 8 hrs straight and stop for the night or drive straight through for 12 hrs.
Seriously, 1600 miles in 12 hours is AVERAGING over 133 mph! That's faster than the average race lap speeds at more than one Formula 1 track! Must be an Ecoboost!
Sponsored