Sponsored

Lariat Owners: Was It Worth The Extra $$?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seriously, 1600 miles in 12 hours is AVERAGING over 133 mph! That's faster than the average race lap speeds at more than one Formula 1 track! Must be an Ecoboost!
1600 miles is the roundtrip. 800 miles is one-way.

800 miles in 12 hours is averaging 66.67 mph, which might technically be possible at 80+ mph keeping refueling/restroom stops to a minimum duration...
Sponsored

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely love my Lariat. I paid less than $33,000 fully loaded (except no moon roof--did not want it) thru Granger Ford. The seats are very comfortable. Love the spray in bed liner. Love the push button start. Love the ACC. Did I say that I love my Lariat Maverick truck?
I hope to join you, I just got word that my Hybrid XLT LUX package has arrived and I pick it up tomorrow after it is dealer prepped, I am excited and feel like I hit the lottery.

shadowthrone

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. The keyless start, ACC and upgrade to Sync 3 sold me on it. Seats are nice too, good audio upgrade, etc. For the total price, it was absolutely worth it. Yes, some things are rough around the edges, and yes it's the luxury tier on a budget truck, but for me where it really matters the Lariat tier delivers.

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Lariat trim is not worth.
If you can live without push button start, Everything in this trim is better than XLT. Better seats, better windshield, better rims etc but no exclusive features (again if you can live it keyless entry and push button start), for me those are important.

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Donā€™t have mine yet, but thereā€™s one thing that drove my Lariat Lux purchase: the adaptive cruise. Everything else was on the XLT Lux, but that made it happen.
I didn't get the Lariat and had been regretting my choice--no adaptive cruise on the XLT for one thing. BUT...I've been in a rental '23 Toyota Tacoma with adaptive cruise now for several days while I'm getting some warranty service on my Maverick and I absolutely H A T E the adaptive cruise. This is my first experience with it. I can't pass a slower vehicle on a hilly freeway without overriding the cruise because it wants to stay behind the vehicle IN THE OTHER LANE. I'm cruising at 65, change to the left lane to pass a 45mph truck which I am well behind and before I can anticipate the happening, the Tacoma has suddenly dropped to 45mph to match the truck. I am so glad I don't have to fight that system in my Maverick.

Sponsored

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
GaMaverick said:
Lariat Lux all packages but First Edition and added a moonroof. Yes worth it, fully loaded out the door with 4% under invoice was $35,600 for me.

As far as seats go, most comfortable Iā€™ve had in a vehicle for my 1600 mile round trips to see family. And I either drive 8 hrs straight and stop for the night or drive straight through for 12 hrs.

Funny how you and one other jackass have a problem with understanding that is was a round trip but just driving 8-12 hrs one way. And it was posted in January of last year. Grow the hell up, kiddo.

ā€œAs far as seats go, most comfortable Iā€™ve had in a vehicle for my 1600 mile round trips to see family. And I either drive 8 hrs straight and stop for the night or drive straight through for 12 hrs.ā€

By the way I donā€™t own a Maverick anymore I traded it in and got $40k for it (I only paid $34k with 3% under invoice pricing) and got a real 4x4 truck, that is built better for off road (ladder frame), more powerful (3.8 V6 310 hp), and just as nice interior wise as the Maverick Lariat .

22 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

Maverick is what it is, an econo box entry level truck.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Now feel free to act like a 12 year old with other actual Maverick owners. View attachment 83841
I loved my '06 Frontier, and the new ones are greatly improved, so good for you. If I needed a truck for heavy hauling and towing, the Maverick would not have been my choice, but for what I wanted and needed, my XLT Lux Eco FX4 with towing package is exactly what I needed and wanted. I test drove the new Frontier recently and it is a great truck. But it is a truck, rides and drives like a truck--and if you need or want a truck that's a good thing. I need a quiet, comfortable, economical AWD vehicle that's easy to get into and out of and easy to drive, gets great gas mileage, and let's me haul or tow a light load occasionally. Thank you, Ford, for my Maverick. On a side note, I recently drove a rental '23 Tacoma 4x4. Thumbs up for reliability, capability and 'truckiness.' Thumbs down for ease of entry, comfort, economy, and ease of driving. The Frontier is clearly superior to the Tacoma in every aspect except resale value.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Funny how you and one other jackass have a problem with understanding that is was a round trip but just driving 8-12 hrs one way. And it was posted in January of last year. Grow the hell up, kiddo.

ā€œAs far as seats go, most comfortable Iā€™ve had in a vehicle for my 1600 mile round trips to see family. And I either drive 8 hrs straight and stop for the night or drive straight through for 12 hrs.ā€
I'm sorry I offended you with my lame attempt at humor... And it WAS an attempt to be funny - note the 'must be an ecoboost' at the end...

PS - reading old unread posts in MTC is how I'm passing time waiting for my Maverick to be delivered.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't get the Lariat and had been regretting my choice--no adaptive cruise on the XLT for one thing. BUT...I've been in a rental '23 Toyota Tacoma with adaptive cruise now for several days while I'm getting some warranty service on my Maverick and I absolutely H A T E the adaptive cruise. This is my first experience with it. I can't pass a slower vehicle on a hilly freeway without overriding the cruise because it wants to stay behind the vehicle IN THE OTHER LANE. I'm cruising at 65, change to the left lane to pass a 45mph truck which I am well behind and before I can anticipate the happening, the Tacoma has suddenly dropped to 45mph to match the truck. I am so glad I don't have to fight that system in my Maverick.
I've not had that issue with my Mav. As soon as I move to the passing lane to pass a slower vehicle, it will immediately resume/maintain the preset speed, assuming no vehicles are in front of the passing lane either.

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ended up not getting my Maverick, it just never arrived. I did pick up a F150 Lariat with adaptive cruise, and compared to Toyotaā€™s system I like Fordā€™s better.
You have to pay attention to traffic ahead, like with regular cruise. But Fordā€™s system has a more gradual buffer which means you get more warning that itā€™s going to slow. That and the lane centering makes long trips so much easier.
Iā€™ve also driven my in-lawsā€™ Subaru with adaptive cruise and Ford is far superior.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I loved my '06 Frontier, and the new ones are greatly improved, so good for you. If I needed a truck for heavy hauling and towing, the Maverick would not have been my choice, but for what I wanted and needed, my XLT Lux Eco FX4 with towing package is exactly what I needed and wanted. I test drove the new Frontier recently and it is a great truck. But it is a truck, rides and drives like a truck--and if you need or want a truck that's a good thing. I need a quiet, comfortable, economical AWD vehicle that's easy to get into and out of and easy to drive, gets great gas mileage, and let's me haul or tow a light load occasionally. Thank you, Ford, for my Maverick. On a side note, I recently drove a rental '23 Tacoma 4x4. Thumbs up for reliability, capability and 'truckiness.' Thumbs down for ease of entry, comfort, economy, and ease of driving. The Frontier is clearly superior to the Tacoma in every aspect except resale value.
I disagree on the ride, my Frontier Pro-4x rides just as good as my Maverick Lariat FX4 4k tow when the Frontier was stock and even better lifted Then my Maverick.

I can evaluate the Maverick very well since I owned it from Nov. 2021 till Sept. 22 and used it daily, along with the same 1600 mile round trip.

If I ever get another Maverick for a extra vehicle, it will be for a commuter so XLT Hybrid. Because the 2.0 EB AWD gives me no benefits over my frontier except for slightly better gas mileage. I was getting 25-27 mpg in Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB and getting 22-23 mpg in Frontier Pro-4x 4wd.

Your assessment on the new Frontier is spot on, the new Frontier is basically superior to Tacoma. The majority of people who have swapped from their old trucks to Frontiers are Tacoma owners, plus a slew of full size truck owners.

Reactions: bgn
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would you prefer it to maintain the programmed speed and force you to slam on the brakes? If so, you can easily disable the "advanced" features to turn ACC back into "regular" CC with settings menu through the steering wheel controls.

I haven't had any issues with the ACC "fighting me" to do something I didn't want it to do. But I suppose if one were unaware that you're coming up behind slower traffic, yes - it will slow to match that slower traffic. That's kind of the whole point of the "active" part of the safety feature: to avoid rear-end collisions because people are unaware of slower traffic ahead of them.

I find the ACC in the Maverick to be pretty intuitive in those "passing" situations. As soon as you activate the turn signal, it begins accelerating slightly to assist in the passing manouver. Once you're in the passing lane, it speeds up to either the programmed speed, or (if there are vehicles ahead of you in that lane) to match the speed of the vehicles in that lane if they are going slower than the programmed speed.

And if you don't think it's accelerating aggressively enough, you can press the accelerator to speed up that process, or even to briefly exceed the programmed speed for the passing maneuver if you choose. Once you let off the gas pedal, it will return you to the programmed speed (traffic dependent, of course).

What other behavior would you possibly want to see?

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally would have never bought the truck without the Lariat Lux package. Coming from 3 BMWs, I have gotten accustomed to a lot of creature comforts that just make driving more enjoyable. The Maverick Lariat even comes with quite a few features that my last 2020 M340 didn't have (and is missing a few but not a big deal). Some of what I mention below isn't just specific to Lariat, but also some packages that are amazing to have.

For me I love having these:
- CoPilot 360/360 Plus: Commuting in Chicago is SO much nicer now that I don't have to worry about using my feet, and the fact that it steers for you is awesome
- Electric sliding back window: winter here but I used this after hockey the other night and it brings so much airflow through the cabin that I am excited to use this when it gets warmer out
- Seats: haven't had cloth in ages, love the feel of the Lariat trim seats, and having power adjustable is also big for me
- Sound System: the B&O system sounds really good imo. Glad to have that as part of the package
- Climate Control: wife is always cold, I'm always hot. Have to have dual zone AC.
- Intelligent Access/Power Everything: again another creature comfort that I love. Keeping my key in pocket to lock/unlock, and then having power windows on all is something I couldn't live without
- Windshield Wiper De-Icer: didn't even know about this feature when I ordered, but love that I have it along with the heated mirrors

A lot more to love but I am very happy with the decision to do Lariat Lux.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you prefer it to maintain the programmed speed and force you to slam on the brakes? If so, you can easily disable the "advanced" features to turn ACC back into "regular" CC with settings menu through the steering wheel controls.

I haven't had any issues with the ACC "fighting me" to do something I didn't want it to do. But I suppose if one were unaware that you're coming up behind slower traffic, yes - it will slow to match that slower traffic. That's kind of the whole point of the "active" part of the safety feature: to avoid rear-end collisions because people are unaware of slower traffic ahead of them.

I find the ACC in the Maverick to be pretty intuitive in those "passing" situations. As soon as you activate the turn signal, it begins accelerating slightly to assist in the passing manouver. Once you're in the passing lane, it speeds up to either the programmed speed, or (if there are vehicles ahead of you in that lane) to match the speed of the vehicles in that lane if they are going slower than the programmed speed.

And if you don't think it's accelerating aggressively enough, you can press the accelerator to speed up that process, or even to briefly exceed the programmed speed for the passing maneuver if you choose. Once you let off the gas pedal, it will return you to the programmed speed (traffic dependent, of course).

What other behavior would you possibly want to see?
Maybe I misunderstood OP's issue, but it sounded to me like his vehicle was keeping the same speed as the vehicle in the other lane, that he is trying to pass, AFTER he had already moved over to make the pass.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually like that you can go bare bones FWD XL Maverick for $25k or you can go fully loaded Lariat Tremor for $45k. Everyone can pick their flavor of choice.

The XLT orange was a non-starter for me. Even the Tremor orange borders on too much but the XLT was just gawdy.

The introduction of BAP makes XLT an option but it pushes a non-Tremor XLT too close to the Lariat price range for me - I would just bump to Lariat in that situation.

So for me -

Hybrid = XL
Tremor = XLT w. lux
Eco = XL or Lariat (has to have 4K tow)

I think spending $40k on the Maverick is a little too much. I would be 100% fine with the interior quality if I knew the body and drivetrain would stand the test of time. We know that isn't the case.

I'm spending $34,800 and I'm feeling that is still a touch high.

However if you're talking fully loaded and the ability to tow 4k and payload at 1500 lbs - $40k is worth it - if that is what you want.

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I opted for the Lariat Lux, 360 FX4 4K tow because of the safety features. I have driven pickups all my life and at 79 was looking for my last one. My wifes car has the adpative cruise control, blind spot mirrors and rear camera and as it hard to turn my head, these were priorities when I wnet to buy an new truck. I have an F250 diesel that I will keep for heavy towing and hauling, but added the off road and tow packages for light work. It is shipped and should arrive any day. Iam about to pee my pants waiting for the call to come in and pick it up. The Lux package was a no brainer for me.
Sponsored