fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
to get peak gas milage with the hybrid we need to break them in
I didn't. I just needed to wait for warm weather. The two tanks under 35 mpg were 100% highway miles, with >7 EV miles on the tank. Average is 40% EV per tank. You won't see the seasonality in Texas.
Ford Maverick Hybrid Acceleration 1630046954198

lucky for me I’m 7 miles round trip from work
Lucky for you, short trip mileage is one area where the 2.5L hybrid is outperforming the prior 2.0L HF35 system. Conversely, it's just the right distance for a plug-in commute.
Sponsored

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While we wait just look up YT videos for Escape Hybrid drive tests (not the plug in). When I was thinking 2.0L vs Hybrid I watched 2 or 3 that were pretty good. Every one I watched thinks the Escape accelerates 'fine.' I watched one where it was a comparison to a RAV4 and the Escape was quicker.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently driving a 1.8 2011 Fusion Hybrid that we bought new. 95,000 miles on it and it's still to this day getting 40 mpg. I'm retired and not a heavy driver at all, fill the Fusion up about every 7 weeks or so. The Maverick is going to completely fill my desire to not only have Hybrid economy but be able to do that occasional hauling that I've been missing out on.
The 1.8 motor on my current ride is plenty snappy for me, I imagine the Maverick is going to be just fine too.
#Anxious :)

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
That's not too bad - you can always use the Sport mode!
That Wrangler is fast at 6 sec or less.
I will have to make the adjustment from my VW Tiguan AWD Turbo. You should keep that VW GLI.
really dont want two cars, but do love the gli. stage 1 apr flash. completely smokes the 5.7 HEMIs. close as I can get without going to a track is around 4.6 - 4.8 0to60. Its fast. But goes though the coils and plugs (once a year maintenance). Was a mess to get hooked up until 245s comp2s. Best tires I have ever owned by far. Now can feather the clutch into solid launches time after time. No more wheel hop

Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
really dont want two cars, but do love the gli. stage 1 apr flash. completely smokes the 5.7 HEMIs. close as I can get without going to a track is around 4.6 - 4.8 0to60. Its fast. But goes though the coils and plugs (once a year maintenance). Was a mess to get hooked up until 245s comp2s. Best tires I have ever owned by far. Now can feather the clutch into solid launches time after time. No more wheel hop
That's awesome - those Hemi's have met their match with your GLI Panzer Vagen! The look on their face, at the end of the race, has to be priceless!

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found a review of the Ford Escape with a similar powertrain of the hybrid Maverick. The reviewer drives a lot of different vehicles. I trust his assessments.
He's also reviewed the Bronco Sport with 2.0 EB.
Watching each video, you get the idea of the power difference. Pretty much what I expected from both versions of the Maverick.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a review of the Ford Escape with a similar powertrain of the hybrid Maverick. The reviewer drives a lot of different vehicles. I trust his assessments.
He's also reviewed the Bronco Sport with 2.0 EB.
Watching each video, you get the idea of the power difference. Pretty much what I expected from both versions of the Maverick.

Hah, those videos make me rethink the Hybrid a little... But then I remember the premium fuel req and lower mpgs. hmm but the powerrrrr

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hah, those videos make me rethink the Hybrid a little... But then I remember the premium fuel req and lower mpgs. hmm but the powerrrrr
If powered was most important to me, I wouldn't be buying either Maverick.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Premium isn't required in the 2.0 EB. You'll get more HP with higher octane. But it's not necessary. Either way you'll have to give up something to get the other.
I personally picked the 2.0 EB. I can live with the lower fuel economy. 0-60 on the EB depending on FWD or AWD should be pretty close to 6 seconds. Not what I'd consider slow for a small truck. 😆

Last edited:
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If powered was most important to me, I wouldn't be buying either Maverick.
Power is not the first priority for me... I just don't want a snail either. My 2014 Rav4 is good enough for me, so I'm hoping the Hybrid is about the same.

Premium isn't required in the 2.0 EB. You'll get more HP with higher octane. But it's not necessary. Either way you'll have to give up something to get the other.
I personal picked the 2.0 EB. I can live with the lower fuel economy.
I drive 80 miles a day for work, so MPGs are deffinitly important. 50% of my commute is 80mph, 25% is 55MPH and the rest is 30-40mph. Not sure how much the hybrid will make a difference with that spread.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I saw a video last night and the guy had 3 passengers and still managed to bark the front tires
Mike
You obviously didn't pay enough attention as that gentlemen said they were in the 2.0L EcoBoost. The hybrid won't even bark the tires with just the driver in it.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Power is not the first priority for me... I just don't want a snail either. My 2014 Rav4 is good enough for me, so I'm hoping the Hybrid is about the same.

I drive 80 miles a day for work, so MPGs are deffinitly important. 50% of my commute is 80mph, 25% is 55MPH and the rest is 30-40mph. Not sure how much the hybrid will make a difference with that spread.

I understand! That's a tough one.
When I bought my hybrid. I had coworkers that opted for the 2.0 T Kia Optima. They also had mostly highway commutes. What I discovered, our MPGs were closer than I'd have thought.
My hybrid uses a 6 speed transmission and not as efficient as Ford's eCVT.
MPGs is also dependent on how one drives. That means recognizing when to coast and knowing when not to apply the brakes unnecessarily.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the recent batch of test drive videos has anyone found one that shows the acceleration of the hybrid?
I haven't seen a test drive video yet, but I've seen several apparently credible reports that Ford says the hybrid Mav turns in an 8.5 or 8.6 0-60 time, which seems reasonable to me.
Like others, and not being the least bit familiar with hybrid technology, I had some concerns about the performance of the hybrid Maverick at first. The fact that it shares a drivetrain with the hybrid Escape...and that it's numbers line up pretty well with the Mav reports mostly allayed my worries. But recently I came across some information that provided me with an even better perspective.
My first car was a '72 Maverick with a 302 V-8. It was a pretty quick car. Not Roadrunner fast of course, but it acquitted itself nicely, and in those younger days I surprised more than a few people with it's competitiveness. So it occurred to me to check online to see if any performance info was still available. And yes of course it was no problem to find. Bottom line is that the 0-60 time of that car was 8.7 seconds. So if those early reports about the new Mav are accurate, that is ALL this skeptic needs to know, and perhaps others will be satisfied as well.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the recent batch of test drive videos has anyone found one that shows the acceleration of the hybrid?
Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the public information show 0-60 acceleration at 8.6 seconds?
Sponsored