Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took mine into the shop on Friday with the same shuddering issue (it seems to be getting worse with time). They basically laughed and said it would need to be there for 1 week to fix. I gave them the tech bulletin and everything. Truck sat there all day for a state inspection nothing else was addressed. What is wrong with these service centers nowadays? Any corporate Ford folks on this thread that can help me out? It is a pain to get an appointment in the first place but then to be told they're too busy for a schedule service is next level.

They also wanted $70 per tire to patch plugs. Anyone else getting a bunch of nails in their tires? OEM tires seem to be very crappy, they should come with road hazard!
Discount tire does patches for free! Even if you don't get the tires from them.
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took mine into the shop on Friday with the same shuddering issue (it seems to be getting worse with time). They basically laughed and said it would need to be there for 1 week to fix. I gave them the tech bulletin and everything. Truck sat there all day for a state inspection nothing else was addressed. What is wrong with these service centers nowadays? Any corporate Ford folks on this thread that can help me out? It is a pain to get an appointment in the first place but then to be told they're too busy for a schedule service is next level.

They also wanted $70 per tire to patch plugs. Anyone else getting a bunch of nails in their tires? OEM tires seem to be very crappy, they should come with road hazard!
Warranty issue beyond two days / one overnight should result in you getting a loaner. Squeaky wheel an all. If you don't speak up; you won't get.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Warranty issue beyond two days / one overnight should result in you getting a loaner. Squeaky wheel an all. If you don't speak up; you won't get.
Ford doesn't do this, when I had my Air Bag recall done, I had the service manager explain it to me why I wasn't getting a loaner, he backed down and gave me one. I was told it would take one day, ended up taking 3.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford doesn't do this, when I had my Air Bag recall done, I had the service manager explain it to me why I wasn't getting a loaner, he backed down and gave me one. I was told it would take one day, ended up taking 3.
I should have said if yours isn't drivable.

If it is drivable but waiting on parts then don't expect a loaner.

Some maybe most are too small of a dealer to have loaners. Then FordMoCo Pays for you to go to a local airport or something to get a rental. They did for me.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I should have said if yours isn't drivable.

If it is drivable but waiting on parts then don't expect a loaner.

Some maybe most are too small of a dealer to have loaners. Then FordMoCo Pays for you to go to a local airport or something to get a rental. They did for me.
I think you will be very surprised that Ford drags their feet. In July of 2022 my Hybrid made this horrible noise on start-up, the entire engine was shaking, I recorded it, turned it off, and when I restarted it the engine was running with no noise or shaking. Drop it right to the dealer, they had the truck for 2 weeks, I had to rent a car as Ford wouldn't pay for one. After contacting Ford directly, the two-week wait turned into 3 days and they couldn't find a problem. Granted it did not throw any code and has run perfectly since then.

BMW gives you a loaner every time you leave your car with them. Ford wont do that.
Sponsored