First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never understood the need for a cabin air filter. Cars for many years did not have them. On the cars I have owned that do have them I have not noticed any difference. But you figure they must do something and can't hurt other than cost.

rblilly361

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I never understood the need for a cabin air filter. Cars for many years did not have them. On the cars I have owned that do have them I have not noticed any difference. But you figure they must do something and can't hurt other than cost.

because it will keep your evaporator core clean, and if you've ever replaced that you'll understand doing a cabin filter instead. Also they do help with the dust in the car for allergies, if you use a charcoal filter it actually helps odors too. And yes they do work.

On a side note I'm loving my Toyotas after seeing this, they are way easier to get to and change. But this wouldn't prevent me from getting a Maverick

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone see a K&N equivalent model yet? I’d rather replace mine with their washable ones.
I have a 2020 Ford Escape and the cabin air filter Motocraft part number for it is identical to the Maverick one other than the last two letters on the Escape which is -BA and the maverick one is -E. I have the K&N washable in my Escape which I'm taking out before I get rid of it when my Maverick arrives. Hoping it'll be a direct fit.

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a pretty straight forward process but I thought I would post some images and information.

1. Open glovebox and empty the contents. On the right side is the damping lever. Using a trim tool as shown works best as it makes it easy to separate the lever from the mounting post. Push the tool in a little and twist to pry the lever outwards.

c1.jpg

2. From the outside of the glovebox, push the tabs inward at the same time and rotate glovebox downward. You can now easily lift the glovebox up from its hinges and totally remove it.

c2.jpg

3. There are plastic tabs on each side of the cabin filter housing. Carefully push each tab outwards to release the cabin filter door. The door is attached at the bottom with plastic hinges. Grab the tabs on the top and rotate the door downwards.

c5.jpg

4. Remove the old cabin filter by grabbing the edges and pulling it straight out.

c4.jpg

5. Install the new filter, making sure that the "airflow" arrow is pointed downwards. Rotate the door upwards and push in on each side to lock the door in place. Reinstall the glove box and re-attach the dampener.

This is what the filter looks like:

c3.jpg

The Ford part number is: JX6Z-19N619-E. The OEM filter is made in the USA. MSRP is $29.95.
"FP-99" is also used to describe/verify the correct filter.

c6.jpg

---------------------------
NEW FORD REFRESH95 CABIN AIR FILTER CAN HELP IMPROVE VEHICLE INTERIOR AIR QUALITY

new-ford-refresh95-cabin-air-filter.html

I have not seen these new filters being available yet for the Maverick. Will update this post when info & part # becomes available.

----------------------------
Great post! I learned something new today. Didn't realize the Mav had a cabin filtering system let alone how to change it out. Thank you for passing along this important information.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the write-up!

A word of caution. When replacing your filter you don’t want a high performance “Hepa” filter. It will severely restrict airflow. I tried that with my Raptor and other Fords and immediately pulled it out and switched to an OEM (or OEM like) filter.

Can you elaborate on this? what kind of problems did you enconter. I was actually thinking of buying an HEPA filter because the maverick has the automatic shutoff of the recirculation and I really can no longer stand pollution/small from old vehicles. Probably you did not have ii installed long enough to ask you if it did eliminate the exhaust smell from outside, right?

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone see a K&N equivalent model yet? I’d rather replace mine with their washable ones.
And the mice cant chew thru the metal screen

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice to see this (almost) copy of a late model VW design. After suffering thru the ridiculous replacement procedure required with our Fiesta and C-Max, this looks like a joy to replace.
All most exact procedure as my 2012 Prius.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a pretty straight forward process but I thought I would post some images and information.

1. Open glovebox and empty the contents. On the right side is the damping lever. Using a trim tool as shown works best as it makes it easy to separate the lever from the mounting post. Push the tool in a little and twist to pry the lever outwards.

c1.jpg

2. From the outside of the glovebox, push the tabs inward at the same time and rotate glovebox downward. You can now easily lift the glovebox up from its hinges and totally remove it.

c2.jpg

3. There are plastic tabs on each side of the cabin filter housing. Carefully push each tab outwards to release the cabin filter door. The door is attached at the bottom with plastic hinges. Grab the tabs on the top and rotate the door downwards.

c5.jpg

4. Remove the old cabin filter by grabbing the edges and pulling it straight out.

c4.jpg

5. Install the new filter, making sure that the "airflow" arrow is pointed downwards. Rotate the door upwards and push in on each side to lock the door in place. Reinstall the glove box and re-attach the dampener.

This is what the filter looks like:

c3.jpg

The Ford part number is: JX6Z-19N619-E. The OEM filter is made in the USA. MSRP is $29.95.
"FP-99" is also used to describe/verify the correct filter.

c6.jpg

---------------------------
NEW FORD REFRESH95 CABIN AIR FILTER CAN HELP IMPROVE VEHICLE INTERIOR AIR QUALITY

new-ford-refresh95-cabin-air-filter.html

I have not seen these new filters being available yet for the Maverick. Will update this post when info & part # becomes available.

----------------------------
Noticed this thread but can't seem to find a part # anywhere

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-new-refresh95-advanced-cabin-air-filter.867/

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you elaborate on this? what kind of problems did you enconter. I was actually thinking of buying an HEPA filter because the maverick has the automatic shutoff of the recirculation and I really can no longer stand pollution/small from old vehicles. Probably you did not have ii installed long enough to ask you if it did eliminate the exhaust smell from outside, right?
Hi, the challenge with the Hepa style filters is that they severely restrict airflow from the cars vents. While not a scientific measurement, I would say perhaps only half the airflow in my Raptor even with the fan on high. with the fan on low, I could barely feel air movement. Search them out on Amazon, etc. and you'll notice that's a common complaint on the filters rated 'Hepa' (even through they may not be true Hepa filters). But your mileage may vary and it may be OK for others....

good luck...

MaverickResource

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor XLT, previous XLT Hybrid & XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The HEPA filter probably restricted the airflow by being TOO GOOD of a filter. Air probably can't move through it fast enough

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Came to see how to do this job. Can’t believe the dealership wanted to charge $150 to do it. :LOL:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought I'd try a K&N for the cabin filter.....at $50, should pay for itself many times over the life of the truck. So far, seems to be working fine, maybe a bit more quiet, less restrictive than paper. Plan to clean it every-other oil change (10-12K).

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to be a tech writer, and your write up is an excellent procedural article. Short, concise sentences/instructions and good pictures, well done. How often do they recommend changing it?
Sponsored