First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, 2000 F250 7.3 TD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great Job Gary!! So I am considering buying the plug n play wiring harnesss for either the Ford Escape or the Bronco Sport, both which I understand use the same unibody as the Maverick. ETrailer.com has those harnesses readily available, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
From what I have read so far, It looks like the E-Trailer Harness may be the only option!
Sponsored

GaryG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I absolutely agree, If you order the truck definitely order the factory hitch/receiver! Mine was an oversight on my part! I tried to add it a month later, dealer said it was too late even though my Maverick had not been built yet! It was a bunch of laziness from my dealer.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, there's nothing under the truck near the rear axle nor anywhere else to plug in any of those wires, nor connectors.
Hey @RonR1959 @GaryG @ShadowBlack XL440 , check this out, this video for the T Connector install for the Ford Escape: https://videos.etrailer.com/static/...a-trailer-wiring-2020-ford-escape-te54fr.webm
It gives an explanation on how it works, and if you go to the 5:15 minute mark you'll see how it connects to the taillights. I think this is gonna work!! Haha......Now I just need to order it. Looks like you have two brands to choose from, and either the Escape or Bronco Sport........hmmmmmmmmm

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey @RonR1959 @GaryG @ShadowBlack XL440 , check this out, this video for the T Connector install for the Ford Escape: https://videos.etrailer.com/static/...a-trailer-wiring-2020-ford-escape-te54fr.webm
It gives an explanation on how it works, and if you got to the 5:15 minute mark and you'll see how it connects to the taillights. I think this is gonna work!! Haha......Now I just need to order it. Looks like you have two brands to choose from, and either the Escape or Bronco Sport........hmmmmmmmmm
If I had my truck I would gamble the chance it would work. I have an inquiry in with ETrailer Now and waiting on the reply confirming it will work

Sponsored

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I had my truck I would gamble the chance it would work. I have an inquiry in with ETrailer Now and waiting on the reply confirming it will work
Im about to order it, just trying to decide the Escape or the Bronco Sport......haha

****Updated**** Just ordered the T Connector wiring harness for the 2022 Ford Escape: https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit...Escape/2022/TE54FR.html?VehicleID=20225001399

If anyone one else is gonna try this, order the Bronco Sport one so we can get a cross reference :)

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I belive a truck like this should come with a hitch standard. The reciever is used for many other things besides towing. Bike rack a basket things like that. Can put a tow hook on it. Very versitle.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It gives an explanation on how it works, and if you go to the 5:15 minute mark you'll see how it connects to the taillights. I think this is gonna work!! Haha......Now I just need to order it. Looks like you have two brands to choose from, and either the Escape or Bronco Sport........hmmmmmmmmm
Go ahead and order it. Let us know if it works.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I said in another thread, I got the hitch for $100 because I couldn't possibly imagine not when it was such a great deal. Plus it's factory and wired up from the factory and not tapped in? Can't pass that up for $100. Even if I never used it.

But then I went and bought a used trailer to use my $100 hitch. Lol
DITTO đź‘Ť

Miles777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Correct me if im wrong but i think the hitch has to be welded on.that could be why you cant find one.thats the only option on my xlt for that reason.
There is a Ford OEM Receiver Hitch that bolts on. I have one on backorder at a Ford dealership.

EDIT: I should have read to the end of the thread before responding to this early post. I see that this input was corrected by later posts. Anyway, it may be helpful to someone to see what it looks like. The screen capture below was from https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/nz6z-17d826-c.html. I hope the one I ordered arrives before I need it in June (for a bike carrier).

Ford Maverick Hitch receiver, come on already Maverick Receiver Hitch Picture.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally installed my hitch receiver purchased from Ford.com/accessories. The install was relatively easy but required removing many bumper screws. The tough part was getting the nerve to pop the side bumper snaps without breaking anything. I found after removing all screws just pry with a pry bar from behind. There are 8 large bolts holding the frame bracket in place. Once removed your hitch will slide in place, I reused the same bracket bolts to secure the new hitch. The entire job took me about two hours, but if I did it again it would be less than an hour. If anyone has figured out the wiring please chime in as several of us are in the same boat?

tempImagepoTN33.png

tempImagexkmcCh.png
Gary, Glad the hitch install went well. My truck was scheduled for build last week but no updates and the tracking system almost always does not work. As soon as I get my truck I will have the same task of installing a hitch and wiring. Can I ask you to measure the width of the original crash bar where the hitch is welded on to the new bar? It would be the rectangle tube that I need the outside measurement of. Thanks. Robert

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted yesterday that unless the Maverick had the hitch and wiring harness installed during production, there’s no way to add one. I spent over an hour with the shop foreman at the local Ford dealer yesterday. He researched schematics and printed out and highlighted portions of the schematics. We went out to my Maverick, and he started with the fuse box and worked back. There’s no fuses in certain wells supporting the wiring harness, and no connector to plug in a fuse in those certain wells. That’s where the wiring harness would start, and there’s absolutely none. No part from the Escape or Bronco Spirt will work because there’s no wiring harness. Further, there’s no plug in for any part you buy. It is not recommended to hit wire it, as it will cause further electrical problems and void your warranty.

But hey, if you want to try it, go ahead. I spent three weeks researching this, not only with the shop foreman, but also at two different shops that install hitches and wiring harnesses
You'll have to do it the old fashioned way cut and splice, I know it would be tempting to do it yourself but I would have it done by an licensed auto electrician so as not to void the warranty

GaryG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gary, Glad the hitch install went well. My truck was scheduled for build last week but no updates and the tracking system almost always does not work. As soon as I get my truck I will have the same task of installing a hitch and wiring. Can I ask you to measure the width of the original crash bar where the hitch is welded on to the new bar? It would be the rectangle tube that I need the outside measurement of. Thanks. Robert
Ok, Was able to do the measurement. The rectangular tube measures 3-5/16" X 2". Reality is the crash bar is the exact size of the hitch without the dropdown receiver. It would be super easy for a welder to just add a receiver to the crash bar!

finallygotamaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go ahead and order it. Let us know if it works.
I ordered the E- Trailor kit for the Bronco Sport. Easy install but you have to change the wires going to the new module. You also have to run a wire to the + post on the battery. The splitters pug right up to the taillights. You have to cut the red and brown wires going to the new module. Then tie the red to brown and the brown to the red. This worked for me, but I am not liable for your install. You do not have to splice into the truck wiring harness. Here you can see the splitter plugged into the taillights and the red and brown wires going to the new module redone. Hope this works for you. It did for me.

Ford Maverick Hitch receiver, come on already thumbnail (9)-l=-l
Sponsored