Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw that, still waiting on an answer about plug/harness
OK the latest update on the harness is the wiring harness for the Bronco Sport will work, Something about cutting and splicing the red and brown wires on the harness! etrailer.com has them for I think it's like a $100.00
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No wiring harness or plugs included. For those considering DIY installation, attached are the instructions included with the Maverick 2022 Receiver, Ford Part #NZ6Z17D826C:

Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p1-50.jpg

Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p2-50.jpg

Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p3-50.jpg

Ford Maverick Trailer Hitch Installation Instructions p4-50.jpg
Do it yourself and save! Bronco Sport trailer wiring harness is supposed to work

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somebody said the Escape harness won't work but the Bronco Sport will. Can't confirm that as fact but it's a good place to start
That was me confirming it. I ordered the Escape harness and the connectors as t the taillights do not match up.
Two members confirm that the Bronco Sport, with a simple wiring reversal on the Etrailer harness of brown and red wires, will work. No splicing into the trucks wiring is required.
My Bronco Sport harness is on the way, and I will post a new thread when I'm done.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was me confirming it. I ordered the Escape harness and the connectors as t the taillights do not match up.
Two members confirm that the Bronco Sport, with a simple wiring reversal on the Etrailer harness of brown and red wires, will work. No splicing into the trucks wiring is required.
My Bronco Sport harness is on the way, and I will post a new thread when I'm done.
Sunday afternoon project complete, all thanks to Adospeed for his exceptional instructions. Thanks again! Now, dark trailer until Bronco Sport Harness updates.

Ford Maverick Hitch receiver, come on already IMG_20220320_172345124_HDR

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sunday afternoon project complete, all thanks to Adospeed for his exceptional instructions. Thanks again! Now, dark trailer until Bronco Sport Harness updates.

IMG_20220320_172345124_HDR.jpg
Awwww man!!! This made me soooo happy!!! Gret job on doing it yourself! You are so welcome @Tundra2Maverick(?) Sending my best, Ado

Miles777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

IMG_20220320_172345124_HDR.jpg
Thank you for confirming that the Bronco Sport harness can be modified to work!

Now, I'm just waiting for a receiver that's backordered from a Ford dealer to be delivered to me so that I can use this harness to install it on my Maverick.
Sponsored