First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking at the Maverick as a vehicle to tow behind our motor home. Has anyone seen any information on flat-towing the Maverick? If so, are there any special equipment options that are required? (Engine, transmission,...)
Yes, the HyBrid can be flat towed behind your Motorhome. It shows in the specs for the Mavrick. Only the HyBrid though. We are also thinking about towing behind our MotorHome.
Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll just keep my feet on the floor so my "Knee's won't Jerk" and run the risk of MISinforming others. Have a nice day! ;)
That was meant for user theek not you. But yea I get grumpy about this stuff. TGIF!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That was meant for user theek not you. But yea I get grumpy about this stuff. TGIF!
No worries, It's all good. I was ONLY basing it on my experience with Toyota/Lexus. I had no idea Ford had a special Hybrid Neutral button to disengage the Hybrid.

I have DELETED my post so it won't confuse anyone.

Yes, TGIF. Be safe

FordFan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
I currently flat-tow my 2011 Ranger XLT behind my RV. It's a 4x4 with the dealer-installed neutral tow switch/light. Glad to hear Maverick will flat-tow too. Wife drives a 2020 Escape Titanium hybrid and loves it. Looking forward to driving and towing a hybrid Lariat Ranger in Velocity Blue!

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be flat towing my hybrid XLT behind my motorhome. I contacted Roadmaster and they will be selling a baseplate for the Maverick 8 weeks after someone lets them use their Maverick for 5 days to design it off of. Who ever volunteers their Maverick will get a free baseplate installed. First person to get a Maverick that lives near Vancouver, WA wins.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted Roadmaster and they will be selling a baseplate for the Maverick 8 weeks after someone lets them use their Naverick for 5 days to design it off of.
This is great news. I installed Roadmaster on my Wrangler.

Any Canadians in BC here?

Vancouver is great place to visit but that'd be a really, really long road trip for me to volunteer my Maverick to them.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is great news. I installed Roadmaster on my Wrangler.

Any Canadians in BC here?

Vancouver is great place to visit but that'd be a really, really long road trip for me to volunteer my Maverick to them.
I think he said Vancouver, WA which is across the river from Portland OR.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think he said Vancouver, WA which is across the river from Portland OR.
Ooops, my bad. Still a shorter trip for Canadians than me :)

dibrowz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV, Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm very pleased to learn the hybrid Maverick can be flat-towed. I bet it will be common to see Mavericks behind many RVs within a few years as it will be a perfect toad/dingy. Thanks for the research.

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
Thanks for the information. I had read in RV MAGAZINE August Issue "dinghy towing" article and guide that the Ford Escape Hybrid WAS towable with an automatic transmission. I am hoping a similar or the same transmission and engine are in the Hybrid Maverick, right? Your posted Maverick information sheet spells it out exactly the same way the magazine lists the Escape. I am very happy to know my Maverick can be flat towed behind our motorhome. YIPPIE !!!

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the information. I had read in RV MAGAZINE August Issue "dinghy towing" article and guide that the Ford Escape Hybrid WAS towable with an automatic transmission. I am hoping a similar or the same transmission and engine are in the Hybrid Maverick, right? Your posted Maverick information sheet spells it out exactly the same way the magazine lists the Escape. I am very happy to know my Maverick can be flat towed behind our motorhome. YIPPIE !!!
The hybrid is flat towable according to Ford and in the Maverick owners manual.

Paul R

First Name
Paul Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winnebago. Ford F150
I'm looking at the Maverick as a vehicle to tow behind our motor home. Has anyone seen any information on flat-towing the Maverick? If so, are there any special equipment options that are required? (Engine, transmission,...)
I am also looking at the Maverick to tow behind my RV. Let me know how it works out and what package you get. Will probably order one in the coming weeks.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not the hybrid with CVT (unless ECVT is different) as it would damage the transmission.
eCVT IS different. Ford has released info and I think the hybrid can be towed, but not Ecoboost.

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered my Rapid Red Hybrid First Edition today. I plan to flat tow it. There are no tow kits available yet unless someone has found a kit available.
Sponsored