Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why don't they replace the 12v just to see what happens.
Yes, battery could have a lose internal connection that intermittently opens up.
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Following this...as something is causing drain in the 12v....
Really hope the OP comes back with the resolution....

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day 4 - Ford Service Update, Gullo Ford, Conroe, TX. Service Advisor, Dean Wachner, called today to let me know that they are perplexed and continuing to research the problem, They have opened a ticket with Ford for assistance. Battery, Alternator, and everything checks ok, but 12V battery is immediately drained when car is turned off.
Hey, I've got a crazy idea.

Hook a known good battery to it.
Disconnect the positive cable and hook an ammeter in line.
Check reading.
Pull first fuse.
Check reading.
Pull second fuse.
Check reading.
Pull third fuse.
Check reading.
Continue until reading changes.
Check what that fuse controls.
Fix problem.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I routinely get the "Deep Sleep" message from FordPass. Shit.

• Sad
Reactions: Aza

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, I've got a crazy idea.

Hook a known good battery to it.
Disconnect the positive cable and hook an ammeter in line.
Check reading.
Pull first fuse.
Check reading.
Pull second fuse.
Check reading.
Pull third fuse.
Check reading.
Continue until reading changes.
Check what that fuse controls.
Fix problem.
Thanks for the good suggestions. I did not buy the 2022 Ford Maverick for a project car. I do not want to open the hood. I bought it to run. Hopefully, the Ford Service Team will apply procedures such as you suggested, and "fix the problem". When I bought "Ford" (fix or repair daily), I crossed my fingers. Now I have fingers and toes crossed that Ford Service will not let me down. If so, it is back to the Toyotas that have not let me down in 30 years.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I routinely get the "Deep Sleep" message from FordPass. Shit.
Sounds like your next on the list for this problem but hopefully not...

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had one "Deep Sleep" message in the 5.5 months of owning my 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid.

The 12V battery does not seem to get near or fully charged unless a lot of long trips are done. In my case my trips are relatively short and infrequent.

I have an ANCEL BST100 Battery Load Tester that I use for testing 12V batteries.

I have posted pictures showing it and the following results.

When the Deep Sleep was first reported on my FordPass App these were the results:

Deep Sleep:

Healthy: 66% 316 CCA Amps available
Charge: 29% 12.09 Volts
GOOD-RECHARGE

I then turned ON the Hybrid and it showed "ready to drive" but I just let it sit. In this mode the 12V battery should charge from the HV battery via the DC-to-DC converter. If necessary the ICE engine will run to charge the HV battery if needed. In this case it did not run.

After 30 minutes of ON time I again tested and got these results:

Healthy: 100% 412 CCA Amps available
Charge: 75% 12.55 Volts
GOOD BATTERY

A number of weeks later and after a Home Depot run that took 30 minutes each way I had these numbers:

Healthy: 100% 404 CCA Amps available
Charge: 51% 12.31 Volts
GOOD BATTERY

As can be seen the Hybrid Maverick is not doing a good job of keeping the 12V battery charged.

With this thread again mentioning "Deep Sleep" and dead 12V batteries I decided to check the state of the 12V battery in my Maverick.

It was a good thing I did because it showed this state:

Healthy: 0% NO CCA Amps available
Charge: 13% 11.93 Volts

This is basically a battery with no charge and almost dead.

@Ford Motor Company is there a fix for this problem?

So I attached my K-Mart charger (that does not overcharge) to it and it immediately started charging at 7.5 Amps. In an hour it was still putting in 2.5 Amps. At 1.5 hours the charging stopped and I again measured the battery state:

Healthy: 100% 404 CCA Amps available
Charge: 100% 12.81 Volts

I have heard that the TSB fix for the Glowing CAT also puts in software fixes that may fix this issue but have yet been able to find a dealer who will do the update without keeping my Maverick for 5-7 days while they diagnose it.

We are going on an extended 12 day road trip that will be over 2000 miles so I will be taking my K-Mart charger in case I need to recharge the 12V battery as I certainly do not want to be stranded. I also plan to measure the 12V battery status each morning to see how the state of the battery over the long trip.

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles Tested - Deep Sleep Message.JPG

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles Tested - After 30 minutes of ON time.JPG

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles Tested March 3 - 6 hours after long Home Depot  trip.JPG

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles ANCEL BST100 Battery Load Tester.JPG

Last edited:

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the good suggestions. I did not buy the 2022 Ford Maverick for a project car. I do not want to open the hood. I bought it to run. Hopefully, the Ford Service Team will apply procedures such as you suggested, and "fix the problem". When I bought "Ford" (fix or repair daily), I crossed my fingers. Now I have fingers and toes crossed that Ford Service will not let me down. If so, it is back to the Toyotas that have not let me down in 30 years.
Understood. I meant that the Ford techs should be doing something similar. I didn't mean you should have to do it on a brand new vehicle. Re-reading it now, I didn't write it clear.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finish the battery off yourself before the dealer gets it.

Unethical, maybe... Its better than them lying to you, not replacing it and you getting stranded.

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would be great if the hybrid owners who experienced the problem also add their vehicle production day.
That is a great idea, PEPS. Use the Forum to collect and analyze data regarding the subject: DEAD MAVERICK. My continuing Dead Maverick story was posted earlier and is being updated. Here is the very interesting "window sticker production day" info: 08/30/2021! That is the date number at the bottom of the window sticker from my Hybrid. It was a special order diverted from the Hermosillo Plant to my local dealer stock on 11/19/2021. I picked it up early January, 2022. I never looked at the sticker date, and was shocked at an August 2021 date. The sticker does not have prices, and says "Not for Sale" due to EPA data not yet available.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a great idea, PEPS. Use the Forum to collect and analyze data regarding the subject: DEAD MAVERICK. My continuing Dead Maverick story was posted earlier and is being updated. Here is the very interesting "window sticker production day" info: 08/30/2021! That is the date number at the bottom of the window sticker from my Hybrid. It was a special order diverted from the Hermosillo Plant to my local dealer stock on 11/19/2021. I picked it up early January, 2022. I never looked at the sticker date, and was shocked at an August 2021 date. The sticker does not have prices, and says "Not for Sale" due to EPA data not yet available.
Regarding the date... You are talking about the date circled (production date) vs the one crossed out which is when I downloaded the sticker. Just so we are tracking the same dates.

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles Screenshot_20220529-124356_Drive

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regarding the date... You are talking about the date circled (production date) vs the one crossed out which is when I downloaded the sticker. Just so we are tracking the same dates.

Screenshot_20220529-124356_Drive.jpg
Thank you for the clarification. I printed a window sticker from Ford online on 1/9/2022, which showed a 12/21/2022 build date, see attached. The second attached sticker, "NOT FOR SALE", came in the vehicle's glove box, with the 08/30/2021 date. Possibly original order date? Oh well, what matters is that it was built in Dec 2021, and has a mysterious short. I am looking forward to a good report from the Service Dept on Tuesday! 🤞

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles WindowStkrOnline_VinDelete

Ford Maverick Dead Maverick Hybrid with <2000 miles WindowStkrOnCarNotForSale

Wnbasac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could it be the length of time the batteries where sitting due to the pandemic shutdown?

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could it be the length of time the batteries where sitting due to the pandemic shutdown?
Yeah, good point. Who knows when the battery was built.
Sponsored