First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like such an easy diagnosis and fix, if only temporary until a replacement cable comes in.

Can this really be the issue that has technicians and Ford scratching their heads? Not comforting.
Waiting on backordered warranty cable to arrive at dealer. When it does, I will try to get old cable and pictures of repair.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hamrich

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone with the service technician working on my Maverick. Like so many others on this forum have explained, there is an issue with the wiring to the battery for the Hybrids. But after 3 weeks at the dealership, my truck should be ready today or tomorrow.

I'm not really a car guy so I can't explain in detail, but what he told me is that they had a lot of trouble diagnosing the issue so they contacted Ford. Then Ford sent them a TSB with instructions and materials on how to fix the issue. The wiring in question is made from aluminum, and this particular wire has a bad connection. Since aluminum can't be soldered onto another metal, they have to crimp the wire to another using some kind of conductive metal. This fix is supposed to be permanent but Ford intends to fully replace the faulty wiring eventually once they have enough in stock.

FYI my build date was 12/2/21

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone with the service technician working on my Maverick. Like so many others on this forum have explained, there is an issue with the wiring to the battery for the Hybrids. But after 3 weeks at the dealership, my truck should be ready today or tomorrow.

I'm not really a car guy so I can't explain in detail, but what he told me is that they had a lot of trouble diagnosing the issue so they contacted Ford. Then Ford sent them a TSB with instructions and materials on how to fix the issue. The wiring in question is made from aluminum, and this particular wire has a bad connection. Since aluminum can't be soldered onto another metal, they have to crimp the wire to another using some kind of conductive metal. This fix is supposed to be permanent but Ford intends to fully replace the faulty wiring eventually once they have enough in stock.

Good to know Ford has a TSB for this now and plans on fully replacing the faulty wiring. I wonder if this was fixed on newer production Mavericks?

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wimdering if someone could post a picture of the faulty harness wires joints or whatever causing this?

a picture of before and after the fix

or a picture of bad version vs good version…

mine is a march built.. and there is no recall on my vin regarding the harness

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe this is the only pictures I've seen of the failed cable end

One of the high voltage wires that powers (from what they told me, almost everything) had a bad Solder connection, causing the vehicle to not start on its own. They were able to get it started with a jump pack the same way you did. Seems like they didn't tin the wire adequately at the build plant, between normal operation and cold weather, it broke free. The o ly thing (barely) holding it together was some adhesive tape.

I'll have more word tomorrow morning after they attempt to to re-solder it. I'll update when I know more.

F8D530A4-.jpg

RenderedI.jpg

B2DC6ED4-.jpg

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are a very patient man. Did you put the charger on the battery under the back seat?
I did not buy a car to have to put it on a trickle charger every night! Ford and I may be going to war if they do not solve and remedy this problem.
This is just a warm up for the plug in version. 😎

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

can you ask for the TSB number performed next time you talk to them? I’ve been unable to find the one regarding this issue.

DiveBombDom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe this is the only pictures I've seen of the failed cable end
I didn't take these photos myself. These are from the dealer when they discovered the issu and started digging into it. This is from the day I was supposed to accept delivery. It took a few weeks longer for them to come up with a temp repair, which has seen been replaced with a new harness.

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem I believe is the black cable that is connected to the bolt. The cold solder at the end of the cable is the problem from I've read
I have had any problems so far. I've just posted what I've read. My built date was week of April 18.

Sponsored

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day 8 - Dealer Diagnosis Today (5/30/2022): Faulty Electrical Harness. The cable between the 12V battery and relay was defective, (same as Powerstroke46). The replacement harness is on backorder, possibly 3-4 weeks. Thank goodness that they found the short and I do not have to live with chargers, jumpers, and uncertainty. I hope that this helps others who have, or may, experienced the problem. I had no warning signs, deep sleep messages, etc. (see below). Hybrid, built 12/22/2021.

Day 4 - Ford Service Update, Gullo Ford, Conroe, TX. Service Advisor, Dean Wachner, called today to let me know that they are perplexed and continuing to research the problem, They have opened a ticket with Ford for assistance. Battery, Alternator, and everything checks ok, but 12V battery is immediately drained when car is turned off. They are also still "working" on a loaner car.

History: Hybrid Lariat - 5 months and 4500 miles of flawless performance. No "Deep Sleep" messages or any type of warnings. May 22, I drove 10 miles, parked for 15 minutes, got back in it and it was as dead as a door nail. Never a problem of any kind before. From reading this Forum, I told myself, "Aw s!*t, Dead Maverick!". Knowing what lay ahead, and being totally pissed and extremely disappointed, I called Ford Roadside Assistance to begin the process. He jump started it with a booster, but after I turned it off, it was again completely dead. He jumped it again, and I headed straight to the Ford Dealer and parked it in the Service Lane. After driving 20 miles, it was completely dead again. May 23, I called the Ford Service Advisor, who said that the battery looked ok, and they were checking everything else for Hybrid problem possibilities.
See my post of a few minutes ago, sounds similar to my Mavrick which I have not even received yet, but being held maybe for three or four months because of Battery Pack issues.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See my post of a few minutes ago, sounds similar to my Mavrick which I have not even received yet, but being held maybe for three or four months because of Battery Pack issues.
Oh, no. Better that they fix it now, but what a drag. After 2 weeks, I am still waiting on back-ordered cable.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid