Sponsored

I have had my Maverick Hybrid strand me 2 times. The truck only has 2000 miles.

Joseph Cobbs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang, Honda Type R, Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This problem started around 1600 miles. The truck is running great. When I try to start it again the gauges are all off and I cannot get it to shift into gear or move. A few times I just turn the ignition off and waiting several minutes than it worked. Last week it would not move on Saturday or Sunday I tried several times each day. I bought a trickle charger and hooked it up. The charge indicated 12.5 votes. I charged it up to 13 volts and disconnected the negative terminal for a few hours to try to reset the computer. It worked. I brought it to Ford on the Island and they kept it for 2 days and did not find anything wrong with the truck. The check engine light has been going on and off for 2 weeks. I change the oil just for good measure at 1700. The oil is full and very clean. The check engine light went off as I drove it into Ford to check it out. I have been driving it everyday since then with not problem. This morning it did it again. No power to gauges or ignition so it would not change gears or move. I had to go to meet workers this morning and will not be back until late tonight. I am hoping that Ford of Puerto Rico will send out a tow truck so I do not have to pay for a rental car again. Has anyone else had this problem with their Maverick hybrid? This is the only Hybrid on the Island. I had to wait a year for it and pay quite a bit more 7000+ dollars to get one here in Puerto Rico. The dealerships here have not worked on any hybrids before. If anyone has had this problem or has an Idea what is wrong please replay soon. I need a vehicle!
Sponsored

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to the dealership to pick mine up, paid for it and it hasnt left the dealerhsip and its the same symptoms but they cant figure out whats wrong

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
Joseph Cobbs

Joseph Cobbs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang, Honda Type R, Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much. I believe you are correct about this issue. my Ford dealership will get me in next Monday. I have to pay 250$ for towing since it is more than 15 miles. i spoke with the manager there and he asked me to send him that article on youtube. This is the first maverick hybrid on the island so they have no experience and do not seem to read or get the service advisor updates.

Catster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion hybrid, Dodge GC, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the gauges not displaying, this appears to be a ground issue in the instrument panel area, or an electrical connectivity issue through an inline connector somewhere. The instrument cluster must be working for the shifter to come out of park.
Sponsored