First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars & Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to try to run this down. I have found similar problems on here but not all the same issues.

Mav was built in Oct 21, delivered Jan 22. Roughly 3100 miles on it. Last week, after driving it for roughly 25 minutes I got out and noticed it did not shutdown normally. I was in a hurry and did not stop to investigate. Just noted that it seemed odd. When I returned to the vehicle I attempted to unlock it with the Fob and got 0 response. Driver door was unlocked. I had pressed the lock button after exit. Attempted to start, 0 response. Nothing responded. No lights, no locks, nothing. Got out the jump pack, hooked up, attempted to jump. Power comes back to some of the vehicle, a bunch of random clicks and whirls under the hood but engine does not start and jump pack is visibly being drained. The power indicator on the box is just ticking down even if not cranking. I called the Dealer, they were closed. My buddy trys jumping it with his rig and it turns over.

The gas gauge has reset itself as well as the miles to empty. Radio presets have changed. Bluetooth says connected but is turned off on display, phone plays music through speakers but infotainment doesn't respond to controls. Several minor gremlins like that.

I get home, another 25 minute drive. Park, truck looses all power. Doors won't lock.

Next morning got ahold of the dealer, go out to check, starts like nothing is wrong. Drives like normal to dealer. At dealer I notice that the gauges have changed again and read full, and reset the trip. Go inside drop it off. Tech drives it in, and then it dies again (thankfully). I was worried this would be a ghost issue, that never gets found. Sadly may have been right.

Techs look at it, can't find any issues, it's running fine. It dies on them, they can't sort out why. They run several tests and check for known issues and recalls. They say they checked the harness. They say that it seems like everything has power, but nothing is getting power. They call Ford.

During one of the phone calls I tell them about the battery harness issue. They say they've checked it.

Has anyone had something similar to this happen to them? If so, did your dealer fix it? I appreciate some folks want to help, but I am not looking for a bandaid or DYI fix.

J
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to try to run this down. I have found similar problems on here but not all the same issues.

Mav was built in Oct 21, delivered Jan 22. Roughly 3100 miles on it. Last week, after driving it for roughly 25 minutes I got out and noticed it did not shutdown normally. I was in a hurry and did not stop to investigate. Just noted that it seemed odd. When I returned to the vehicle I attempted to unlock it with the Fob and got 0 response. Driver door was unlocked. I had pressed the lock button after exit. Attempted to start, 0 response. Nothing responded. No lights, no locks, nothing. Got out the jump pack, hooked up, attempted to jump. Power comes back to some of the vehicle, a bunch of random clicks and whirls under the hood but engine does not start and jump pack is visibly being drained. The power indicator on the box is just ticking down even if not cranking. I called the Dealer, they were closed. My buddy trys jumping it with his rig and it turns over.

The gas gauge has reset itself as well as the miles to empty. Radio presets have changed. Bluetooth says connected but is turned off on display, phone plays music through speakers but infotainment doesn't respond to controls. Several minor gremlins like that.

I get home, another 25 minute drive. Park, truck looses all power. Doors won't lock.

Next morning got ahold of the dealer, go out to check, starts like nothing is wrong. Drives like normal to dealer. At dealer I notice that the gauges have changed again and read full, and reset the trip. Go inside drop it off. Tech drives it in, and then it dies again (thankfully). I was worried this would be a ghost issue, that never gets found. Sadly may have been right.

Techs look at it, can't find any issues, it's running fine. It dies on them, they can't sort out why. They run several tests and check for known issues and recalls. They say they checked the harness. They say that it seems like everything has power, but nothing is getting power. They call Ford.

During one of the phone calls I tell them about the battery harness issue. They say they've checked it.

Has anyone had something similar to this happen to them? If so, did your dealer fix it? I appreciate some folks want to help, but I am not looking for a bandaid or DYI fix.

J
Sure sounds like the typical bad harness issue. Maybe they are not checking the right connector.

OP
OP

JayMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars & Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would agree, would that also account for the wonky gauges & infotainment?

I want to trust the guys doing the work, as they have insisted they've double checked the harness.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would agree, would that also account for the wonky gauges & infotainment?

I want to trust the guys doing the work, as they have insisted they've double checked the harness.
How can you trust anyone who says something like this:

" They say that it seems like everything has power, but nothing is getting power."

Electricity isn't magic.

OP
OP

JayMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars & Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because I paraphrased. I didn't feel like typing out the several conversations that I have had over the last week.

Sponsored

dtboyd07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Same exact thing has happened to me. All the same symptoms as others with the dead maverick. It's been at the dealership for 3 weeks and they haven't given me any clear guidance. I have referred them many times to the harness issue and they just seem to kind of blow it off. I have been calling for over a week now with no response or updates. I've left many messages to at least provide me with an update and I get nothing. Probably going to have to go up to the dealership to be able to talk to anyone.

OP
OP

JayMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars & Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, to hear that man. I'll let you know if they find a solution, and I'll try to post it on here. we're you having instrument or infotainment issues as well?

dtboyd07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Sorry, to hear that man. I'll let you know if they find a solution, and I'll try to post it on here. we're you having instrument or infotainment issues as well?
I never experienced any issues with the car and one day I come to the parking garage after work, nothing is turning on. The key doesn't work and it is completely dead. I jumped it with my wife's car and it actually started up immediately. I didn't even have to turn my car on, it just started up as soon as I connected the cables. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to electrical work, but that was very odd to me.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was also dead in the driveway. jumped it took it to dealer, they replaced the battery and harness, installed all available updates, and had a ticket open with Ford Tech. They called me and said they were told to also have the customer remove the truck from the Ford Pass APP. Which i did, they kept the truck for three days checking it twice daily with no issues. I picked it up and...knock on wood everything has been fine for over a month.
They also told me not to add the truck back to the app until Ford resolves the issue.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

J
"it seems like everything has power, [I'm guessing they took a voltage reading at the HVB and the 12v battery terminals and they both show full levels according to specs] but nothing is getting power" [would seem to indicate that the connection that powers the 12v electronic devices (infotainment, displays, etc.) from the 12v battery is loose (e.g. devices keep getting reset), disconnected (interrupted power flow) or software disabled [Software Battery Management System (BMS) is keeping it disabled] and that the relay that gets energized by the 12v battery [so that the HVB battery can power the eCVT] is also disabled or software controlled by the BMS to be offline.

It seems like they need to do a serious continuity check from the power generation points (the 12v Battery) to the distribution points (the relay to the HBV ) to the High Voltage power points [the HVB - incoming from relay and outgoing to the traction points (eCVT)] and the 12v electronic bus while also checking continuity through the inputs and outputs going through all the fuse boxes.

Not an expert, just trying to make sense of what's going on ...

Sponsored
OP
OP

JayMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars & Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update. I just got off the phone with the customer service guy. It's the wiring harness connection that is posted about on this forum. I pointed out that I mentioned that very issue during our first conversation and that he assured me they had double checked that issue. The response he gave left me more than a little upset. Icing on that cake, they don't know how long it will be to get one in.

I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time here, and am embarrassed that I took them at their word.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ask if they could replaced the lug on the end? Sounds like they want to replace the whole harness, correct?

OP
OP

JayMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars & Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point I have an appointment to talk with them tomorrow. They will be providing me with a loaner vehicle and hopefully an apology for wasting a week of my time. I hope they will have a better explanation at that time.

dtboyd07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Finally got a hold of someone today after a week of no contact at all. The guy said they are waiting on a part to be delivered. I asked if the part they're waiting on is the wiring harness, which of course it was. I told them what the issue was on July 7th when I dropped it off and they ordered it on July 22nd, still waiting for it to be delivered as of today. A bit frustrating not having your truck for a month with no communication about what's going on.

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got a hold of someone today after a week of no contact at all. The guy said they are waiting on a part to be delivered. I asked if the part they're waiting on is the wiring harness, which of course it was. I told them what the issue was on July 7th when I dropped it off and they ordered it on July 22nd, still waiting for it to be delivered as of today. A bit frustrating not having your truck for a month with no communication about what's going on.
Keep us posted..will be interesting to see how quickly Ford can respond with a new harness! Sorry for your all too long wait without your Mav...
Sponsored