- First Name
- Rich
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2021
- Threads
- 10
- Messages
- 649
- Reaction score
- 790
- Location
- Long Island, NY
- Vehicle(s)
- 1967 Shelby GT500, 2016 Honda HRV, 2015 Honda CRV
- Engine
- 2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to be off topic but is that some kind of dash cover on your Mav?Just want to add this video. I apologize for the very low audio so please turn up your headphones. I was trying an action cam out and caught this on my video. I've had the shudder happen around 4-5 times. The camera's video stabilzation really takes away the violent shudder but I describe it as "A stick shift leaving a stop sign in 3rd gear instead of 1st by mistake" If you have driven a manual I think you will understand what I am describing. The shake is fairly violent vs a handoff between Electric and ICE and shakes the whole truck. The local Ford dealership isn't confident yet that they can replicate it so they suggested to bring it in when it happens, which is like catching lightning in a bottle. I can say that for sure, it has happened when the motor is cold, in the morning and/or when driving at slow speeds like 25-30 mph. In the video the Maverick is transitioning to ICE at about 28ish mph. I hope this helps others. 1700 miles on my Maverick to clarify a bit more.
thanks and hope for all of us that this shudder is not a big problem (no build date yet :-(
Sponsored