First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to have a honda element that i bought very used.

it had a horrid vibration on accel.

it was the CV axles.

now - if I replaced them with aftermarket CVs - the issue would still be there (to some variance). but with new honda OEM axles it was super smooth.

i wonder - does brake regen amplify the axle wear.

lets imagine - that Fort uses a crappy set of front axles (because are asshole).

and maybe those axles arent designed for both accel load and decel load (normally on a non hybrid there is much less decel load unless you are man downshifting).

so the axles wear faster.

and then you notice the problem primarily while accelearating.

cool.

i bet the factory axles are a shit.
Sponsored

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As well as it should be! Hopefully they get you squared up.
UPDATE. Truck at dealer now for 6 weeks change the axle still having the same issue . They have no idea what’s causing the shuddering Iam done with this Truck!!

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update changed both axles it finally fixed the shaking and shuddering. New issue airbag recall new airbags are to big headliner hangs down past the weatherstripping. Truck sghe the dealer 7 weeks .

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally Fixed both axles replaced. New issue airbag recall the new ones they installed std to big headliner hangs down past the weatherstripping . Just glad it don’t shake anymore.

Sponsored

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
46000 plus miles and it has been happening to mine for the last month or two. I was able to make a video of it happening today - I understand there is a pcm update for this as stated on another thread - but I haven’t heard anyone mention a slipping/surge sensation when slowing both seem to have started around the same time 🤷‍♂️
That’s the same thing that was happening to my truck . It was at the dealer for 7 weeks . They changed both axles finally it’s fixed no more shaking/ shuddering. Hold off on airbag recall they put the new ones in but they are to big headliner hangs down past weatherstripping.

Luckynail

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL hybrid /360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update changed both axles it finally fixed the shaking and shuddering. New issue airbag recall new airbags are to big headliner hangs down past the weatherstripping. Truck sghe the dealer 7 weeks .
Odd I had the airbag recall done and everything looks as good as new - all put back right

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Luckynail

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL hybrid /360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah no - I wouldn’t accept that, someone didn’t know how to put it back together right

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm pretty sure (like 80% - 90%) my shudder is not axle related.

Mine is "likely" the engine/clutch damper. Mine can rattle standing still.

Mine rattles EXACTLY when the engine shuts off and the car enters EV mode.

This can be while moving or standing still.

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Just curious, what are you planning to do to have it fixed? Is your dealer willing to address it? IIRC several other posters have had dampers changed, and it seemed to alleviate the issue, but no longer term follow up.

My truck shuddered once in 30,000 km's, on ICE shutdown coming to a slow stop. Makes me think, that in my case at least, there is a powertrain management issue that only comes up under very limited circumstances setting up the resonance to trigger the shudder. Perhaps there is a wide variance in manufacturing tolerances on the dampers that make some units far more susceptible (unfortunately like yours) while others are relatively immune, or there is a different powertrain management issue which is worse on some units. If there is a huge range of tolerances on something as simple as the construction of a damper (or front axles for that matter) it sure points to a crummy supplier/QC.

Cheers.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ya that and people keep forgetting it is/was a $20,000 hybrid truck.

That's why I'm "living with it" for now.

It's consistent / persistent but not increasing in amplitude and still gets me to work every day.

Also the 12v battery is crap or the 12v battery management software is crap, not sure which yet.

I'm 11.7 to 11.8 volts after "resting" for 24 hours and only 12.2 volts after 4 hours of driving. So either A) the 12V battery won't take a charge or B) the battery management software doesn't think it needs charging. Still collecting data to prove if it's A or B.

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree 100% about the cost/quality ratio. That being said, if the shuddering issues come down to some dampers being built with of out of spec 40 cent springs, or not properly assembled, the associated costs to the consumer, Ford, and the supplier would far outweigh the small initial cost. Would be silly, but it happens.

Is it showing 12.2 with the truck on? That would not be enough voltage to ever charge it properly.

Cheers.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes I agree with you, There is that... the damper. But even the damper alone might not be the whole store. My entire drivetrain has a gentle oscillation on regen, most likely related to the springs in the damper but also the horizontal mounting of the engine, in the same plane as the axles I think it's a design flaw. I'm thinking about changing the engine mounts. But I'm not getting rid of this awesome little truck! I love it even still.
Sponsored