Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Mine started to do this more frequently. 2022 with 15k miles hybrid XL. Was there a fix or recall for this issue?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine started shuddering today. I have about 12k miles and is 1 yr old. It happened while I was coasting at about 30 mph at least 4 times on the way home. I can't exactly replicate it at will, but expect it to get worse. I kept looking for rumble strips, but by the fourth time I was sure the pavement was smooth.
The dealer is supposed to call me when they get the parts for the air bag recall. Hopefully, I'll be able to reproduce it at will by then.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine started shuddering today. I have about 12k miles and is 1 yr old. It happened while I was coasting at about 30 mph at least 4 times on the way home. I can't exactly replicate it at will, but expect it to get worse. I kept looking for rumble strips, but by the fourth time I was sure the pavement was smooth.
The dealer is supposed to call me when they get the parts for the air bag recall. Hopefully, I'll be able to reproduce it at will by then.
Consider trying this to replicate it at will. Very lightly "ride the brake pedal" not enough to intentionally press it but just touch it maybe moving it 1/16" maybe more. I have noticed when creeping and having my foot on the pedal getting ready to stop for several seconds the computer (assumably) thinks I really want to stop and slams the hydraulic brake on hard. Maybe if you are riding your pedal it can happen at 30mph also and at 30mph it immediately releases and slams on again. Seems like once or twice I stepped on go pedal with emergency brake set while stopped and brake was released. I now check dash to be sure brake is not set before go pedal.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Have 24000 on my ford maverick hybrid. The truck shakes/ shudders like crazy . Took it to ford dealer had a wheel alignment and wheels balanced same issue. Then they told me they seen grease leaking from axle boot . They ordered axle then told me they ordered wrong side . They installed the correct axle test drove still same issue with truck shaking and shuddering. Truck has been at the dealer for 6 weeks now they have no idea what the problem is now what ? Feels like I have a lemon !!!!

SublimeBee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Have 24000 on my ford maverick hybrid. The truck shakes/ shudders like crazy . Took it to ford dealer had a wheel alignment and wheels balanced same issue. Then they told me they seen grease leaking from axle boot . They ordered axle then told me they ordered wrong side . They installed the correct axle test drove still same issue with truck shaking and shuddering. Truck has been at the dealer for 6 weeks now they have no idea what the problem is now what ? Feels like I have a lemon !!!!
I'm experiencing the same thing on acceleration only it starts to shake and if I give it more pedal it shakes violently. I'm very concerned and stressing pretty bad, I have an appointment June 7th for them to diagnose it and do the airbag recall. do you have any suggestions, or have you gotten yours fixed?

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm experiencing the same thing on acceleration only it starts to shake and if I give it more pedal it shakes violently. I'm very concerned and stressing pretty bad, I have an appointment June 7th for them to diagnose it and do the airbag recall. do you have any suggestions, or have you gotten yours fixed?

Nope no fix, been to the dealer couple of times. I don't think Ford has any intention of fixing it. No one that I know has found a solution. Now that said. The condition has been going away slowly. I have not felt the violent shaking in almost a year. But the more subtle shudder with deceleration persists just the same - and more pronounced in the Summer, with temps above 80 degrees. It is definitely related to the shut down of the ICE, and tends to cause a resonance in the drivetrain. I don't expect this to get any worse and I don't expect a fix.

SublimeBee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope no fix, been to the dealer couple of times. I don't think Ford has any intention of fixing it. No one that I know has found a solution. Now that said. The condition has been going away slowly. I have not felt the violent shaking in almost a year. But the more subtle shudder with deceleration persists just the same - and more pronounced in the Summer, with temps above 80 degrees. It is definitely related to the shut down of the ICE, and tends to cause a resonance in the drivetrain. I don't expect this to get any worse and I don't expect a fix.
mine is on acceleration only, and if yours was doing what mine is doing you defiantly wouldn't give up that easily, I will trade it in at the dealer I bought it from and the dealer who's done the service work to it. this is a nightmare as far as comfort and wondering if the truck is going to fall to pieces. It shakes really bad.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mine is on acceleration only, and if yours was doing what mine is doing you defiantly wouldn't give up that easily, I will trade it in at the dealer I bought it from and the dealer who's done the service work to it. this is a nightmare as far as comfort and wondering if the truck is going to fall to pieces. It shakes really bad.
Mine was doing exactly what yours is doing. Scared the crap out of me. Thought the engine was going to shatter. Has not happened in the last 8K miles. Before that happened several times. I took it to the dealer - could not find anything. Now it's gone - for over a year it's gone.

SublimeBee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was doing exactly what yours is doing. Scared the crap out of me. Thought the engine was going to shatter. Has not happened in the last 8K miles. Before that happened several times. I took it to the dealer - could not find anything. Now it's gone - for over a year it's gone.
Mine is constant hasn't gone away, it's like driving a car with all tires unbalanced.

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is constant hasn't gone away, it's like driving a car with all tires unbalanced.
Oh boy - some day an aftermarket engineer is going to figure this out for us - but I can't believe this has gone on for over a year now and no one has a solid clue what is causing this. And it's not ALL trucks.

Deleted member 1483

Mine has this same issue and it was fixed by my dealer. I believe it was the axel.

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had mine at the dealer 7 weeks . They changed both axles the shaking has finally gone away . 😊
Sponsored