Sponsored

Anyone having rust issues with their Maverick?

Mikeysd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Laiat pepper red Lux package 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not to sound like I don't believe you but can you take some pics of the area you see it at from a distance. We already have the close up but I wanna see where they are at when I go lo
I was using a protectant on the rocker panels when I saw rust already on the pinch welds and exposed painted surfaces underneath. 8 months old and less than 2000 miles. Never driven in the rain or snow.
mav4.jpg

mav5.jpg
Not to sound like I don't believe you but can you take some pics of the area you see it at from a distance. We already have the close up but I wanna see where they are at when I go look on mine so I can compare mine. As far as we know that these pics are from some other car or truck.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless you’re planning to keep it 20+ years. I wouldn’t worry about under carriage rust. My 18 year old sport-Trac has had undercarriage rust for years and years. No miles in the body and no issues because of it. Spent its entire life outside, not garaged, in the Midwest.
Your logic very well may apply in Missouri and other southern states but up here, the logic dictates a full undercoating for any vehicle one plans on keeping for more than a couple years. You see, up here, in the winter, every mile of road will see a total of 23.3 TONS of road salt over the course of the season. Couple that with stringent inspection laws that do not permit rust perforation larger in diameter that a pencil. Without a strict rustproofing regimen my 17 year old Ranger would have failed inspections years ago and would now be in a boneyard for parts.

Roadeyes

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless you’re planning to keep it 20+ years. I wouldn’t worry about under carriage rust. My 18 year old sport-Trac has had undercarriage rust for years and years. No miles in the body and no issues because of it. Spent its entire life outside, not garaged, in the Midwest.
My 07 FJ Cruiser would like a word with you. Rather, the ghost of my FJ would like a word.
By 2016, you would think the truck was mint. Spotless inside and out. But underneath?!? A flaky, no- powdery mess of dangerously rotted parts. The price of living next to the ocean in New Engand.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only solace here is this will be a manufactures paint/rust warranty item, unlike the OEM mud flaps rubbing the paint down to me bare metal which isn't covered.
That’s an actual issue? I have OEM flaps… should I check for rubbing?

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
The second day of ownership I decided to get ahead of the FORD rust issues by coating every crack and orifice on the truck. It's low cost and works to prevent standing water and coats the metal to seal from corrosion. About $9.00 a can and I used two cans to do the bed, rockers, rear taillight area and doors.

Day TWO with Maverick

Rust Prevention

The spray flows to all the crevices and does not block the drain holes. After the liquid dries, just wipe up the excess and your good to go.

IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The flaps are designed in a way that allows them to sit against the fender. This will wear the paint over time. The more you go offroad and hit dirt/rocks or snow during the winter, the faster it will rub off.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yes it is. Just finished repairing mine with PPF after touching up with paint. The rears were much worse than the fronts. Only 5 months in.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mud flaps were put on immediately after I got it 1700 miles should not be. My 07 corolla dont look like that.
Installed rockblokz @ 40 miles and they are awesome- FYI

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's low cost and works to prevent standing water and coats the metal to seal from corrosion. About $9.00 a can and I used two cans to do the bed, rockers, rear taillight area and doors.
What is the name of that product? I cannot quite read the name from the picture. And does it need reapplied or does it hold up over time?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The second day of ownership I decided to get ahead of the FORD rust issues by coating every crack and orifice on the truck. It's low cost and works to prevent standing water and coats the metal to seal from corrosion. About $9.00 a can and I used two cans to do the bed, rockers, rear taillight area and doors.
Thx- I am ordering now- Curious did you do the whole undercarriage/floor pan ? I need to figure out of much of this Bourbon I am ordering :)

Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the name of that product? I cannot quite read the name from the picture. And does it need reapplied or does it hold up over time?
It's called FLUID FILM. Google it for specifications. I ordered from Amazon, but I saw it at WALMART about a month ago. It's for cracks and crevasses and would need reapplication yearly as an undercoating because it will eventually wear away like KROWN Oil coating.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's called FLUID FILM. Google it for specifications.
Thank you sir! I think they use that or something like it on cast iron machine surfaces at work. Did not know it could be used as a undercoat.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx- I am ordering now- Curious did you do the whole undercarriage/floor pan ? I need to figure out of much of this Bourbon I am ordering :)
Did certain areas underneath like the bumpers, trailer hitch, behind mudflaps and anything that looks like it will rust.
I ordered a six pack from Amazon because I knew the underside would require recoating after a hard winter.