First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, my Wife has had her Maverick since Dec 23rd and between the known screen freeze issues she also has issues when she is using I Heart Radio, at times the phone doesn’t connect (in general), other times it connects but doesn’t play, then it suddenly plays, then it doesn’t play. Plus she’ll be driving with it working then suddenly stops working, etc. I’ve updated the Software (through home internet) anyone know if Ford is aware of this known issue and have they fixed it with an update? Our local dealers aren’t aware of any fixes yet. She also has other general issues with the screen too. Hello Ford, she loves the truck but hates the issues. Ford Let’s step up to the plate on this one, soon.
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could be an unsuitable or inferior cable. Try swapping out with a new one which is data friendly.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had one screen freeze and two reboots. The screen freeze was right after my 4K controller recall and upgrade; not sure it was related but no further issues….. so far.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does the exact same thing….I have disconnect and reconnect and it works for a day or two. Then it repeats. Kind of frustrating as it only happens on the best songs And never on those stupid commercials!

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could be an unsuitable or inferior cable. Try swapping out with a new one which is data friendly.
Yes I did, I bought her a new cable just for the truck but I’m willing to get another one just to be sure.

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use iheart radio,paid version. Sometimes it integrates and other times BT with controls only on phone. It's annoying.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine does the exact same thing….I have disconnect and reconnect and it works for a day or two. Then it repeats. Kind of frustrating as it only happens on the best songs And never on those stupid commercials!
Ha ha ha ha she was listening to talk radio and someone was telling a joke and it crapped out on the punch line, I think that was her last straw;)

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this will be an ongoing problem that software updates will never fully fix. The screen and tech behind it is very old. Unfortunately Ford went cheap on us. It is likely that we will see sync 3/4 in later Mavericks with fully updated touch displays and radio systems. Perhaps then we can upgrade our current Mavericks hardware.

the shortages may have played a role.

Last edited:

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I did, I bought her a new cable just for the truck but I’m willing to get another one just to be sure.
Highly recommend oem cables. So either from Samsung or Apple. I dunno why but they seem to last me the longest and work the best.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think this will be an ongoing problem that software updates will never fully fix. The screen and tech behind it is very old. Unfortunately Ford went cheap on us. It is likely that we will see sync 3/4 in later Mavericks with fully updated touch displays and radio systems. Perhaps them we can upgrade our current Mavericks hardware.

the shortages may have played a role.
The lariat luxs have sync 3. So far it seems pretty good but i know when It gets hot it suffers a bit. Right now I've noticed that in the peak of day in the texas sun it gets pretty hot and seems a little leggy. At night when it's cooler it seems to be smoother.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lariat luxs have sync 3. So far it seems pretty good but i know when It gets hot it suffers a bit. Right now I've noticed that in the peak of day in the texas sun it gets pretty hot and seems a little leggy. At night when it's cooler it seems to be smoother.
I forgot the Lariats have sync 3. But even still all the Mavericks have the same shitty screen. Hope they upgrade them for 2023

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couldn't hurt to run a soft reset of the info screen innards.

With ignition on, press and hold the seek up ( >> ) button and also the on-off/volume knob.

Wait for the screen to go dark, then release both controls.

It may take a shortish interval for the reset to fully cycle through and complete, following which the screen display will reappear.

Soft reset should save any settings you have previously made.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Highly recommend oem cables. So either from Samsung or Apple. I dunno why but they seem to last me the longest and work the best.
I agree, but, in this case and others, it's not the cables it's the system. Other then this issue the Maverick is a home run.

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, my Wife has had her Maverick since Dec 23rd and between the known screen freeze issues she also has issues when she is using I Heart Radio, at times the phone doesn’t connect (in general), other times it connects but doesn’t play, then it suddenly plays, then it doesn’t play. Plus she’ll be driving with it working then suddenly stops working, etc. I’ve updated the Software (through home internet) anyone know if Ford is aware of this known issue and have they fixed it with an update? Our local dealers aren’t aware of any fixes yet. She also has other general issues with the screen too. Hello Ford, she loves the truck but hates the issues. Ford Let’s step up to the plate on this one, soon.
Yes. The radio software is the only real complaint I have about my maverick. So many problems. I have listed in another post.

Biggest issue is that CarPlay can take anywhere from 15 seconds to 2-3 minutes to load. If I use a cable about half of the time I have no mic on my first call I get or make. Using a wireless adapter I don’t have that problem. Oddly the wireless adapter is more reliable over all.

The radio is never on when I start the truck. For some reason it always defaults to off.

i have the latest software. Though for some reason if you go into settings it showed last November as last time I checked for an update. It will show the current date whenever I check, but after a few days the “last checked” date goes back to November.

I am anxiously waiting a software update to make the system more stable.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL EB has been with me one month yesterday. For the first week, all sorts of issues. Clock wouldn't keep time, super laggy, dropped connections, etc. Since then - with no intervention on my part - it has resolved.

I'm guessing it updated.
Sponsored