Sponsored

Anyone having rust issues with their Maverick?

Grit

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick XLT
The longer I wait, and the more I learn of the of what seems to be many issues coming about with the Maverick, makes me start to think that I possibly have made a bad decision on ordering a Ford product. Gonna have to take some time to reconsider!
If you still have time , I’d seriously recommend reconsidering
Sponsored

Grit

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick XLT
It appears there are quite a few people having some serious issues, mine happened before the truck had a tank of fuel through it.perhaps you have had more experience dealing with Ford head office but my experience so far has been not very good. I know for me “whenever “ my maverick is repaired it’s up for sale

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was using a protectant on the rocker panels when I saw rust already on the pinch welds and exposed painted surfaces underneath. 8 months old and less than 2000 miles. Never driven in the rain or snow.
mav4.jpg

mav5.jpg
This is shocking, considering only 8 months and no rain/snow exposure!
looks to me like it came from the factory like this. That, or you park on wet grass every night!

pauldonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Krown rust control twice yearly in spring and fall,here in nl Canada.
Did you get yours done yet? I asked today about how they handle all of the panels on the underbody and they said they drill holes if there aren’t any. Is that consistent with your experience?

Sponsored

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes it is, Krown drills holes in inconspicuous area's of the rocker panels unlike some other companies. Sending mine in for another coating next month.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had mine undercoated before I took delivery so if there is any rust the boys that did the undercoating are liable.
Same here. They did an undercoat and another process inside the doors and areas. I know there is a perforation warranty (60000 miles?) but I'd like this truck to outlive me.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. They did an undercoat and another process inside the doors and areas. I know there is a perforation warranty (60000 miles?) but I'd like this truck to outlive me.
My thoughts exactly! I really don't want to buy another vehicle. I am over 70 now and this is exactly what I have wanted for years. A comfortable ride with a bed that I can secure to carry my tools and groceries when I go out of town.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The longer I wait, and the more I learn of the of what seems to be many issues coming about with the Maverick, makes me start to think that I possibly have made a bad decision on ordering a Ford product. Gonna have to take some time to reconsider!
In the other online Ford paper there were two other issues that have been brought up. First a bump shop guy has some method for measuring the amount of paint on the trucks. Per this guy the clear coat is very thin. If the trucks are not waxed sealed water lever the clear coat is going to getting that patina that makes it look like you had an engine fire. The second issue is rusting exhaust systems. When is the last time you heard of someone replacing an exhaust system? Apparently the seams on this muffler are already starting to rust.
As much as I don’t want to spend the money I am thinking of having my truck undercoated. That might help with some of the road noise and rattles. Plus I figure if I can get one good coating on the paint I should be able to maintain it.
I am familiar with dealers letting cars sit. I had one that had bad rear axles. The dealer told me they could not get parts. In the meantime the meter kept running on the rental car I was using. I called Ford Customer Service 3 times and finally got some action. The dealer was very unhappy however I finally got my car back and Ford ate the rental cost.
A similar thing happened with an F-250 I bought. I took it out to see what the 4 wheel drive system was like. Out of curiosity I put the truck in 4X4 low and let out the clutch. A god awful grind occurred. I immediately stopped took it out of 4x4 mode and drove to the dealer. It turned out that the gears were not assembled correctly and the low gear was stripped clean. The truck was pushed around the dealers lot for two months before the transfer case was rebuilt. These issues were pre-lemon law days.

Wixron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was using a protectant on the rocker panels when I saw rust already on the pinch welds and exposed painted surfaces underneath. 8 months old and less than 2000 miles. Never driven in the rain or snow.
mav4.jpg

mav5.jpg
I know its not the best option ... but buy A spray can of rustproofing it will black out the pinch welds and help the appearance from a distance ... something is better than nothing

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know its not the best option ... but buy A spray can of rustproofing it will black out the pinch welds and help the appearance from a distance ... something is better than nothing
Band-Aid over arterial bleeding though.
Sponsored