Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just using that number due to the post I was responding to. That being said, 50k could easily be in the ballpark. Based on the running total here on MTC, there are some September, lots of October (I was an Oct 1 order), and most of November Hybrid Orders that never got produced. Per Tim and others, Sept was a slow month for orders but quickly ramped back up in October and Novemeber. Similarly, many November-January Ecos never got a VIN. Lot of early speculation that there was something along the lines of 150k-200k MY22 orders of which something like 115k got produced (based on the VIN numbers I have seen). It would be safe to bet at least 20k never got built and I would guess that it is probably north of 30k. However, Ford never released these numbers so all we can do is speculate based on the "hive" information posted here.
I would agree with the number between 20 and 30 thousand and I do think that most of these are hybrids. Many of us have gotten our January eco vins in the last 2 weeks. I ordered on the last open day in January and got my vin 2 weeks ago. I was happily surprised.
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted dealer and they said someone would contact me back. So far nothing. 1 week order window is a bit tight. Glad I got my 22 at least.
I would call first thing Monday morning, unless you can go there in person.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Less than a week? That's gotta be a record for a mass produced vehicle.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you read that memo carefully, especially the last bit of the second paragraph, it sounds less like Ford has already almost taken in as many orders as they think they can build, and more like Ford is going to try to put more stock Mavericks on lots.

I think Ford really didn't like how MY22 played out with the extreme scarcity of stock Mavericks and the insane dealer markups. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more stock Mavericks arriving at dealerships after the first few months and then the last couple months of 23 production being strictly stock production. Especially since that memo also states that there is no intention to provide a MY transition offer to customers that don't get a MY23 built. The only way to guarantee that, is to make sure all custom orders are fulfilled well before the end of the production year.

That is just my theory.
That will help with the insane dealer markups.... Not

The only guaranteed way to hold the price down to MSRP is to sell direct to customer and relegate the dealer to a delivery location. Unless the law dictates otherwise all Ford would have to do is build the dealer's profit into the MSRP price, set up sales territories where the customer can only take delivery to any dealers within that sales territory. Let the dealers fight over the customers in the sales territory by selling them the financing on the truck. You'd think it is a loss for the dealer but it is actually a win since you cut out the sleazy salesman part of the process trying to sell you what you don't need at a price you can't afford and get straight to the finance portion of the process.

DG17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed an order Saturday afternoon at a dealership and gave a $500 deposit. The manager could not get the order placed , saying the Ford web site had issues and was not accepting the order. Manager emailed me today, Sunday, stating the Ford web site still had issues and it was not accepting my order. Has anyone else encountered such issues?
My dealer was able to get my order placed day 1 and I got the confirmation email from Ford a couple of hours later.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

sorry, not gonna happen. very short-sighted thinking on that by some people. They will change but never go away.
I'm afraid you're right. Last night, the local news had a run-down on the largest campaign contributors to our state's governor's race. The single largest contributor to one of them was an auto dealer group. They contributed well over a million dollars. No way that candidate would ever allow a bill through that would vote that contributor out of existence... (Not political a political post, since I'm not even stating which state, nor which candidate. Both sides receive HUGE contributions from these folks.)

jdubblax

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just got mine ordered this morning. 23 Ford Maverick XLT AWD 4K Tow w/ the Z Plan

GenLucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got back from my dealer (ordered my 2023 Maverick). They told me Tremors were just shut down and Ford is no longer accepting orders for them. They also gave me a glance at this that I thought I would share as I have not seen it on here as of yet. Shows the Total Run % available for 2023 MY of each model and package and certain accessories.

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Retail Order Banks Closing Next Week + Tremor Package Ordering Starts Tomorrow (9/17) thumbnail_IMG_1029

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer says it will be days. He said if we get to this weekend he will be shocked as the demand has been stupid. And this is at a dealership that requires a deposit to order.

Sponsored

thallman1125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got back from my dealer (ordered my 2023 Maverick). They told me Tremors were just shut down and Ford is no longer accepting orders for them. They also gave me a glance at this that I thought I would share as I have not seen it on here as of yet. Shows the Total Run % available for 2023 MY of each model and package and certain accessories.

thumbnail_IMG_1029.jpg
Shut down? No one was able to successfully submit a Tremor order yet (since the Thursday when the banks opened) due to errors coming up when clicking the submit button - however, they can "save" it.

Last edited:

GenLucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shut down? No one was able to successfully submit a Tremor order yet (since the Thursday when the bans opened) due to errors coming up when clicking the submit button - however, they can "save" it.
That is what the dealer told me. Whether it is still doing errors or it is actually filled I can't say factually only what I was told. Specifically, they said they are no longer available to order any Tremors. I am not sure if there is more to it than that or not. Just sharing is all :D

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those trying to order an XL in Atlas Blue - check the order guide. It clearly shows that Atlas Blue, Cyber Orange, and Hot Pepper Red are not available on the XL. (Of course, Avalanche Gray is also not available, since the Tremor package is not available on the XL model, either.)

I think you'll need to decide on a different color, or a different trim level ASAP so your order can get placed!

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad I got mine in! That is an insanely short window. But I guess the alternative is having so many pre-orders that they have to rollover again to the next calendar year again.
Sponsored