dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you read that memo carefully, especially the last bit of the second paragraph, it sounds less like Ford has already almost taken in as many orders as they think they can build, and more like Ford is going to try to put more stock Mavericks on lots.
That doesn't really solve anything, though. It just makes buying the Maverick you want more difficult for customers, because now you have to find a dealer who has something close in stock. The demand will still be there, they won't sit on lots long, and dealers can mark them up to double the retail price if enough customers are willing to do it.

I think Ford has received a lot of angry calls from customers in the past few months and they just want to shift that anger to the dealers by building a LOT less custom orders.
Sponsored

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've posted this elsewhere but I'll say it again here. My local Florida dealer is not putting in any new orders at this time. They are ONLY taking care of 22 customers who did not get a VIN. They told me this yesterday that Ford instructed them not to take new 23 orders until further notice, the initial 23 orders going in were only to be for existing customers not new. I reached out to Tim Bartz and he has not replied on the subject, I suspect 99% of dealers are overlooking what Ford instructed and instead have maxed out the system with NEW 23 orders and 22 carryovers placed as new 23 orders. I know Granger opted to do this same thing, though they made it sound like it was their decision to not take new orders. Yet my local Florida dealer has said it was Fords. I don't know what to make of it. I'm having a hard time finding anyone around here that will input an order and sign a price at that same time. Guess I might be keeping my 22, which isn't exactly a bad thing. This whole mess could have been avoided if Ford simply rolled over the existing 22 orders and gave a couple of weeks for just those orders to convert and schedule before opening the flood gates. You poor 22 "rollovers" do not and will not have a lick of priority over these brand new 23 orders that are going in simultaneously. You can let your dealer tell you you're at Priority 10 but nothing is preventing brand new orders to get put right in at 10 as well by shady dealers, so there goes your "priority."

I think your dealer is wrong. Yeah, if they are sitting on a bunch of un-built 22s it makes sense to only take those roll overs. If a dealer doesn't have any roll overs - why would they be punished and not allowed to place new orders?

Why would Ford clearly advertise that ALL ordering is open on the 15th if that was the case? It would be just as easy to specifically note only roll over orders could be placed in the first week and new customer orders the next. But that's not what happened.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep in mind that another reason Ford may have been overwhelmed with orders is due to customers who have already been waiting a year or more who decided, "Shoot, I'm just going to order three or four from different dealers this time and see if I can get a truck in a reasonable amount of time."

I know they get the driver's license image, but they probably haven't had time to run the data and realize just how often that has happened yet. Ford, as we know, is uncommonly slow when it comes to this newfangled internet thing and can't figure out how to even send an email to some of us.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow so you get one week to order a 23 before they are sold out. Time to start talking about the 24 Maverick.
I don't think so. Not "sold out" I posted about this before. It will be temporary and order banks will re-open at a later unknown date. They did this with Lightning and other high demand MY22 vehicles already.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I see this as a win tbh. Shutting down orders early helps not get them over loaded like last year. It may be easier to just start sending out whatever they can build as stock units to flood the market. I know it sucks for those not paying attention but anyone who's wanted a maverick should be in the know how that ordering is up.
Makes sense. The more stock units out there the more the availability for the public in general. Customers will be happier because they don't have to wait a year for their truck and Ford won't have to fulfill carry over orders.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford will build my23 dealer orders before roll over my22 orders because...well...Ford. :( The days of no dealers cant come soon enough. Ford's last dealer hurrah.
sorry, not gonna happen. very short-sighted thinking on that by some people. They will change but never go away.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford can reopen the order bank if things go well and they are caught up with production. They deal with another PR nightmare if they take too many and have to roll a bunch over. I think it's a smart move. Sorry for the ones who don't get one in.

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
So retail orders may close next week but dealers will still be able to place stock orders going forward? That seems a bit weird.
Stock production will fill in gaps in allocation and parts availability. You can expect that they'll be very limited numbers and likely XL/XLT GAS FWD without the Luxo/CP360. Basically they have capacity to build more units, but because specific configurations are low demand (Gas FWD for instance), they can fill those build slots with stock inventory.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Wonder if us 22 to 23 rollovers will stay priority 10s and others will be 15 to 19 ?? U can bet Tims live stream on Tu. will be a very interesting show !!!!! Make no mistake we grip at something's Ford does (. But Ford is Smart Very Smart They got there Ducks in a roll no question .🤔
I wouldn't go that far. I'll wait to see how this all plays out before I would believe they have their ducks all in a row.

Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind that another reason Ford may have been overwhelmed with orders is due to customers who have already been waiting a year or more who decided, "Shoot, I'm just going to order three or four from different dealers this time and see if I can get a truck in a reasonable amount of time."

I know they get the driver's license image, but they probably haven't had time to run the data and realize just how often that has happened yet. Ford, as we know, is uncommonly slow when it comes to this newfangled internet thing and can't figure out how to even send an email to some of us.
I don’t think this is happening much. I’ve been talking to several dealers over the summer, been put on “wait lists” and still only found one dealer that was able to get my order in. Completely ghosted by the others.

Hingeman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SIlverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY order is in and got my confirmation. Let's see what happens next. Last October, 2 months after I placed my order Ford never accepted the order due to constraints.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've posted this elsewhere but I'll say it again here. My local Florida dealer is not putting in any new orders at this time. They are ONLY taking care of 22 customers who did not get a VIN. They told me this yesterday that Ford instructed them not to take new 23 orders until further notice, the initial 23 orders going in were only to be for existing customers not new. I reached out to Tim Bartz and he has not replied on the subject, I suspect 99% of dealers are overlooking what Ford instructed and instead have maxed out the system with NEW 23 orders and 22 carryovers placed as new 23 orders. I know Granger opted to do this same thing, though they made it sound like it was their decision to not take new orders. Yet my local Florida dealer has said it was Fords. I don't know what to make of it. I'm having a hard time finding anyone around here that will input an order and sign a price at that same time. Guess I might be keeping my 22, which isn't exactly a bad thing. This whole mess could have been avoided if Ford simply rolled over the existing 22 orders and gave a couple of weeks for just those orders to convert and schedule before opening the flood gates. You poor 22 "rollovers" do not and will not have a lick of priority over these brand new 23 orders that are going in simultaneously. You can let your dealer tell you you're at Priority 10 but nothing is preventing brand new orders to get put right in at 10 as well by shady dealers, so there goes your "priority."
Exactly and with that said the fact that Ford is not going to rollover orders to 24 for those that had 22's on order that may never be filled by Ford in 23 or 24 should tick most folks off and hopefully impact Ford's business with customers who may never return to that brand.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think your dealer is wrong. Yeah, if they are sitting on a bunch of un-built 22s it makes sense to only take those roll overs. If a dealer doesn't have any roll overs - why would they be punished and not allowed to place new orders?

Why would Ford clearly advertise that ALL ordering is open on the 15th if that was the case? It would be just as easy to specifically note only roll over orders could be placed in the first week and new customer orders the next. But that's not what happened.
Because of the limited supply and because the first option should be to take care of those customers that waited a year to get their original vehicle and didn't. The Ford approach doesn't address those issue by allowing new orders and priorities and doesn''t guarantee old orders converted to new orders being filled before any new orders are taken.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any idea when today the Tremor orders are open?
Sponsored