Sponsored

Gmayaia

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
And actually starts putting some ads out there. I still feel like I belong to some secret club. Nobody knows what I am talking about when I tell them I finally got a build date 11 months after I ordered a hybrid pick up truck for only $20,000. Once Ford starts running ads during college and pro football games, Yellowstone, Chicago PD,etc., they won’t be able to keep up with demand. Oh wait…
I am at 13.5 months and it is supposed to arrive this week!!!! But you are right, it does feel like a secret club. I have yet to see one driving in my part of the NC mountains!

buyacar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But I saw more Santa Cruz on the street than Maverick, interesting....

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw a SC in traffic the other day. He slowed way down, I'm guessing to look at my Maverick. I test drove a SC and really liked it, however I just can't get passed the fuel economy.

Coke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Engine
Undecided
Santa Cruz comes out in a hybrid, I'd have to give it a serious look, particularly if it's price competitive to the MAV.
Ya, but it's not price competitive...

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw a SC in traffic the other day. He slowed way down, I'm guessing to look at my Maverick. I test drove a SC and really liked it, however I just can't get passed the fuel economy.
I think the fuel economy is in line with most other SUVs. I can’t get past owning a Hyundai 🤢

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you are very wrong, competition breeds innovation, and even if it isn't your cup of tea, it keeps Fords foot on the gas in development.

Personally, I don't hate them, just no hybrid and the price turned me away.
Personally I like my SC Limited very very much! But still waiting for my Mav Hybrid

JimCT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked out the SC before I got my Maverick and thought the same. The turbo SC's fuel economy is really not bad compared to the EB Maverick (the little bit of extra power isn't a bad tradeoff for the little bit more gas burned), but the base model got roughly the same mpg for Maverick Hybrid levels of power - and word on the street is that the hybrid Maverick puts the power down a lot better thanks to the electric motor's instant torque.

What really drove me away from the SC was the price. The cheapest turbo SC stickered for about $37k with the local dealer adding $5k on top of that. I paid msrp (just over $30k) for my Maverick. Even accounting for the goodies the SC included (tonneau cover, "nicer" ride and comfort, cool in-bed trunk), I couldn't justify the SC's base price, let alone a mark up.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He was probably runnin' outa gas!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you imagine the how strained hayundai would be if they had the demand Ford has? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I still havent even seen a Santa Cruze on island, there is like a dozen Mavericks here. Hawaii generally has no love for domestics, being so close to Asia as we are. The first on I saw on the road was a company vehicle. So companies know to trust Ford. And on an island where a 5 year old Taco with rims is a $45k vehicle even Valley Isle Fords standard $5k minimum markup is a deal any Maverick.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

”Brats”tards will fight to the death over their umm, vehicle 😳
Its like if you cut the front off a Baja Bug and drove around in reverse all day. Sounds fun though!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But I saw more Santa Cruz on the street than Maverick, interesting....
I too have seen more SC than the Mav. Maybe because it catches your eye more since it is different. The Mav still looks like a Ford truck.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And actually starts putting some ads out there. I still feel like I belong to some secret club. Nobody knows what I am talking about when I tell them I finally got a build date 11 months after I ordered a hybrid pick up truck for only $20,000. Once Ford starts running ads during college and pro football games, Yellowstone, Chicago PD,etc., they won’t be able to keep up with demand. Oh wait…
Makes no sense to waste ad $s on an item that you can’t produce enough of.
Sponsored