2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If Hyundai were smart they'd come out with a hybrid model of the Santa Cruz or even an AWD Hybrid to beat Ford to the punch on that drivetrain option.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hyundai is putting up some pretty serious numbers.
we'll see how these numbers compute into sales.
this on top of their car theft auto insurance issues :eek:

"Hyundai Motor America and Kia America have issued “park outside” recalls for more than 3.3 million vehicles due to the risk of fire. Until these recalled vehicles have been repaired, the manufacturers say the safest place to park them is outside and away from homes and other structures"

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
we'll see how these numbers compute into sales.
this on top of their car theft auto insurance issues :eek:

"Hyundai Motor America and Kia America have issued “park outside” recalls for more than 3.3 million vehicles due to the risk of fire. Until these recalled vehicles have been repaired, the manufacturers say the safest place to park them is outside and away from homes and other structures"
And as we all know, the Maverick hasn't had any recalls for fires, etc. Those living in glass houses should be really slow to throw stones. What do I see in the news today - oh yea, Ford is on the verge of another massive NHTSA mandated recall right now, and is under investigation for another. Which is why the Ford CEO is publicly grinding his teeth about Ford warranty and recall costs burdening the company's profits. Which is another way of saying "my company builds cheap, unreliable garbage".

Got a Maverick in my driveway. Been there for a year. Will be there for another year. Won't be there a day past warranty.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder how many of those 29,083 buyers would have bought a Maverick if there was not a Santa Cruz truck. I personally would not have bought a Santa Cruz if there was not a Mav. I would have gone back to a Toyota Sienna.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Hyundai were smart they'd come out with a hybrid model of the Santa Cruz or even an AWD Hybrid to beat Ford to the punch on that drivetrain option.
Or new truck all together 😂

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many of those 29,083 buyers would have bought a Maverick if there was not a Santa Cruz truck. I personally would not have bought a Santa Cruz if there was not a Mav. I would have gone back to a Toyota Sienna.
I would never bought a cruz . I’d just pony up for Xlt ranger instead most likely

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That might be Fords only incentive. At this point they can sell every one they can build.
If Hyundai was smart you could park the past 12yrs of their vehicles inside.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really curious to see what they do for the mid-cycle refresh next year or the year after. Hyundai and Kia are really good at rapidly reading the customer and adjusting products - and they do it at lightning speed. They increased safety features last year and pushed content down to the lower trims. Will they tame down the styling? Offer a BEV drivetrain? A hybrid AWD. Gonna be fun to see.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hyundai is likely working at capacity on the Santa Cruz. They only make them in Montgomery and also make a few other models there. Hyundai might not be hitting Ford numbers but I would not consider it a failed vehicle if they are selling as many as they planned.
Sponsored