TheGoodEgg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And as we all know, the Maverick hasn't had any recalls for fires, etc. Those living in glass houses should be really slow to throw stones. What do I see in the news today - oh yea, Ford is on the verge of another massive NHTSA mandated recall right now, and is under investigation for another. Which is why the Ford CEO is publicly grinding his teeth about Ford warranty and recall costs burdening the company's profits. Which is another way of saying "my company builds cheap, unreliable garbage".

Got a Maverick in my driveway. Been there for a year. Will be there for another year. Won't be there a day past warranty.
Hmmm, so I get your point and your lack of confidence in Ford's commitment to long-term reliability is pretty universal in here. I think people who bought Honda Ridgelines and Toyota Tacoma / Tundras generally don't worry about their trucks as much. Even though those trucks may still have devastating quality control problems from time to time. But why do you buy a Ford in the first place, rather than a more reliable product like Tacoma and Ridgeline? I think "you get what you paid for" is the truth here. There was a time back in the mid-70s when Japanese cars were transformed from cheap cars to cheap but reliable cars. There were also compact, economic, relatively simple mechanically, and not particularly performant. Took them 50 years to get to the top of the food chain. It seems Korean and to a certain extent Chinese automakers are making similar strives though it will take another 50 years for them to make it. Not sure what the future holds for the big three including Ford. It seems those management people with fancy Ivy MBAs learned a set of methods that are generally short-sighted and more interested in quarterly-based profits because the compensation model.
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😂 That's exactly the way I think.... I am ready to have a Sienna but the wife is staunchly opposed to a minivan.
My wife was too when we got married- but 3 growing kids and we got one and was HOOKED. SOOOO much interior room and comfortable ride.

I've owned several over the years- 92 Voyager, 99 Grand Caravan, 04 Sienna, 03 Odyssey, and a 12 Odyssey is in the driveway right now (Maverick gets the garage :) )

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had there not been a Maverick, I would just keep my 2011 Ranger 4x4. 95K miles. Drove a newer (2019) Ranger 4x4 recently and didn’t like it. It was the size of the F-150s I drove in the 90s. I couldn’t reach the floor of the bed while standing on the ground.
This ☝

I was excited when the "new" Ranger was announced a few years ago. But was very disappointed when they became available and I saw they were about the same size as my old F-150. IOW, not a small truck at all.

If not for the Maverick, I would've just kept my Subaru and dealt with borrowing or renting a truck to haul crap.

I will never buy a Hyundai/Kia product again. I had a Kia that had a defective airbag system under a recall (airbag system completely shutdown with warning lights on the dash). There was a recall, but my Kia was built 4 days after the recall production time frame. Obviously, the defective parts were still being used when mine was built. But Kia/Hyundai wouldn't fix the problem under the recall. They wanted $2k to fix mine.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of ifs and no way of ever really knowing, but I'll bet that IF there had been no parts constraints and Hermosillo had the production capacity of the old Twin Cities Plant, Ford would have sold numbers of 2022 Mavericks that would have rivaled those of the old Ranger in its heyday.

Those $19,999.00 Hybrids would have been flying off the lots in crazy numbers that would have been fun to watch.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife was too when we got married- but 3 growing kids and we got one and was HOOKED. SOOOO much interior room and comfortable ride.

I've owned several over the years- 92 Voyager, 99 Grand Caravan, 04 Sienna, 03 Odyssey, and a 12 Odyssey is in the driveway right now (Maverick gets the garage :) )
I'm the weirdo that wants one and doesn't have kids....🙃 They are just so practical

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right? And new design. 😜
I actually think the sante Cruz isn't half bad looking. I love how it doesn't look like a conventional truck, looks sporty and futuristic. Whereas the maverick looks tasteful, well proportioned, and clean. Both look good for different reasons. The mavericks will likely hold up better visually, just because futuristic designs tend to age poorly, but for now, it looks good.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And as we all know, the Maverick hasn't had any recalls for fires, etc. Those living in glass houses should be really slow to throw stones. What do I see in the news today - oh yea, Ford is on the verge of another massive NHTSA mandated recall right now, and is under investigation for another. Which is why the Ford CEO is publicly grinding his teeth about Ford warranty and recall costs burdening the company's profits. Which is another way of saying "my company builds cheap, unreliable garbage".

Got a Maverick in my driveway. Been there for a year. Will be there for another year. Won't be there a day past warranty.
As someone with multiple Ford's in their driveway right now, I'd say Ford reliability is above average. Our explorer is over 8 years old and hasn't had a single repair or part replaced. I can't say that about any of our Toyotas or Hondas.

The warranty cost issues have been getting better in recent years.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm the weirdo that wants one and doesn't have kids....🙃 They are just so practical
Well we bought the Odyssey after kids were out of the house! :D Can haul plywood inside if you take the seats out. I now fill it with big totes of disc golf discs to take to sales events... Can't get rid of it because as much as we love Mav and would love to get another one, it can't haul as much stuff inside.

Can also use minivan for camping or towing a Miata (sure the turbo Mav could do the last thing too....)

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love minivans and wagons. Just not many options in my price range. No kids here either, but absolutely amazing when you have dogs. :)

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Minivans are great. I loved my Chevy Venture back when I was in my twenties. I vended at cons on weekends and played occasional gigs with a band back then.

Ended up scrapping it after it was at 230000 miles and needed about $2k in repairs to stay street legal.

Still have the middle row seat as couch in my office.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to get a Kia when I was unable to get a 2022 or a 2023 MavErick. Ford cut their own throat.
Sponsored