Sponsored

Why is the license plate on the right and not on the left?

Kulture

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is the license plate on the right and not on the left? When the parallel parked shouldn't the plate be visible from the street?
Because it’s gang banging
Sponsored

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You know, they have LED replacement bulbs for that.

Bright as all get out. Got one yet?
I own an LED lighting store. I have thousands of them!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Probably no reason at all, some vehicles have a single exhaust pipe on the right, some on the left, same with the radio antenna, the only one that gripes me is the fuel filler should ALWAYS be on the driver's side.
Yea, you can't even see our exhaust! Maybe we can jack the bumper up a little :unsure:

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Could be worse. At least it doesn't have phony exhaust tips like they are putting on some cars. Toyota and Volkswagen I'm talking to you.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably put the license plate on the left because they didn't want it on the same side as the exhaust tip. maybe thought it might get soot buildup?

underbody.jpg
So they put the exhaust on the wrong side :).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So they put the exhaust on the wrong side :).
NoNo they put the exhaust on the driver's side because the EPA wants the pollution as far as possible from the roadside vegetation! Also the fuel door is also on the driver's side because EPA with it's forward prediction analysis determined the existence of the 700 mile/tank club and did not want tank topped fuel to possibly leak out when truck tipped to the passenger side when it got back on the road. The rear license plate is on the passenger side because the design dude was raised in Korea and is used to starting on that side with a pencil!

Grandpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I just checked my truck. The reason the licence plate is on the right side, is that if you get the 4K tow package, then there is room to the left for the connector plugs. So Ford just made the placement of the plate mount on the right side. That would be for all models.

Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I just checked my truck. The reason the licence plate is on the right side, is that if you get the 4K tow package, then there is room to the left for the connector plugs. So Ford just made the placement of the plate mount on the right side. That would be for all models.
This is it. For towing the wiring is always on the left so the driver can reach it easy when hitching up. That leaves only the right for the plate.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did this get dug up after a year? Just when you thought you had read and seen it all. Here is what pops in my mind.
1. Why is the gas tank filler on the left side?
2. Why is the antenna in the middle?
3. What difference does in make?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NoNo they put the exhaust on the driver's side because the EPA wants the pollution as far as possible from the roadside vegetation! Also the fuel door is also on the driver's side because EPA with it's forward prediction analysis determined the existence of the 700 mile/tank club and did not want tank topped fuel to possibly leak out when truck tipped to the passenger side when it got back on the road. The rear license plate is on the passenger side because the design dude was raised in Korea and is used to starting on that side with a pencil!
Gotta love it. Great answer deserved by question. Sorry about, I meant to write from right to left, but my keyboard won't let me. Wait a minute, maybe I can turn it upside down LOL.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now I know why I don't design cars. I never would have thought of any of those details. :)
Sponsored