Sponsored

Why is the license plate on the right and not on the left?

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Left hand side reserved for when sales expand to countries where they write in Hebrew, Arabic, Urdu or Farsi. :geek:
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need to buy some kind of license plate style picture like FORD or Flag, or ????. then bolt it on the left side. Now it will be balanced. If dealer hasn't done it already, let's hope you mount the front license plate centered or it's this all over again.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably no reason at all, some vehicles have a single exhaust pipe on the right, some on the left, same with the radio antenna, the only one that gripes me is the fuel filler should ALWAYS be on the driver's side.
I'll remember that when I get out of passenger seat to fill the car with the driver's side fuel door from the pump on the passenger side. She always pulls in this way to make it easy for me to find the pump! 🤗

Sponsored

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MetalThunder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You pass the answer everyday .... it's on the signal poles , the light poles, etc.... All those cameras and sensors looking down on you - see the right side easier than the left do to the nature of where these tracking devices are placed along the road ;)

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just patiently waiting for the guy who creates a bracket or something to move the plate square in the middle

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good question, but to quote some comedian (I think it was George Carlin?) I think the more pressing question is why do Americans drive on the left side of the vehicle, requiring us to step out into traffic when parallel parking?

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We’ve done it. We’ve now talked about everything possible about the Mav. Hahaha. Good question but I’d counter, what if parallel parking on a 1 way street, no matter which side the plate, one side of parking would be as you mentioned, not towards the street.
I still want to know how much force is required to lower the sun visors, and if it's any more or less than the force required to put them back up again!

Sponsored

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is the license plate on the right and not on the left? When the parallel shouldn't the plate be visible from the street?
Most Likely a Politically Inclined Engineering Decision. 🧐😂

ramrod

First Name
ramrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Why is the license plate on the right and not on the left? When the parallel shouldn't the plate be visible from the street?
Well i have two reasons My neighbor keep smashing his with his trailer hitch and he also took that small trailer every where he went.because his tags were expired lol Yea law officials can't see that plate with trailer on and it keeps the plate from tow hitch damage Just saying lol

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good question, but to quote some comedian (I think it was George Carlin?) I think the more pressing question is why do Americans drive on the left side of the vehicle, requiring us to step out into traffic when parallel parking?
Because the guys that invented driving grew up riding horses and left side seemed more natural to them and never thought about parallel parking as they had the only car!

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because the guys that invented driving grew up riding horses and left side seemed more natural to them and never thought about parallel parking as they had the only car!
Good point!
Sponsored