Sponsored

What don't you like about your Maverick?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont have that option (see pic)
Where is it?

sound.jpg
Don't think it's available in the Lariat. The sound mode is likely closest to that feature, though.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't think it's available in the Lariat. The sound mode is likely closest to that feature, though.
Sound mode is Surround or Stereo.

Z-Canuck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't like the 8 light fuel gauge on my Lariat.
I wish it had something more accurate to look at.
Also the position of the start button

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The only thing I don't like is the blind spot caused by the low mounted rearview mirror, other than that nothing & I have had no issues in 15 months of ownership.
For some reason both my friend, and I seem to have a problem with parking our Mavericks. Even though we have all the bells, and whistles, without sensors in the front, we never know how close we are to obstacles, especially when parallel parking. Lots of blind areas.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For some reason both my friend, and I seem to have a problem with parking our Mavericks. Even though we have all the bells, and whistles, without sensors in the front, we never know how close we are to obstacles, especially when parallel parking. Lots of blind areas.
I have noticed the same thing, I thought because I was always driving a sedan, it will take time to get used to, but I still could move another foot forward when parking, at least the backup camera gets me right at the parking line.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was hard to tell how close the front of the truck is to objects but that was solved for me . when I installed bugflector I could see top edge of it and basically could tell were front of truck starts .

haycraftzack622

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 and 1992 Toyota pickup
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Ecoboost is expected to arrive any day now. While I twiddle my thumbs waiting for the call, tell me what you don't like about the Maverick so I can taper my expectations.

So far, I've heard of:
  • Bad speaker/sound system.
  • Noisy interior cabin
  • Easily scratched interior
The cabin isn’t that noisy and I own a maverick fx4 with the pirelli scorpion atr tires. Though one of my biggest complaints is with the sync 3 software and Apple car play.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't like the 8 light fuel gauge on my Lariat.
I wish it had something more accurate to look at.
Also the position of the start button
I liked the fuel/temp gauges on the XLT better too

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When using 'adaptive cruise control', the brake lights do not come on when the truck slows down due to traffic ahead slowing down. I have verified this by having my wife follow me and the brake lights never came on when I came up to a truck and ACC slowed me down.
To me, this is dangerous because most of the times I use the feature is at Interstate speeds. If the guy behind me is not paying attention, he may not notice me slowing down and rear end me.
Ford could make a simple software change to correct this and I hope they do.

Sponsored

SteveG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pet peeve of mine is why can't we set our preferences and have them stay there. For me I like having the headlights on at all times and I drive in Eco mode most of the time. Unfortunately, I don't always remember to set my preferred driving or head light modes when I start up the car. Please FORD let us choose our own "Default' modes!

Also: Delay between door unlocking and actually being able to open the door and auto windows that keep going after I release the button.

Does anyone have knowledge of a FORD site where we can make recommendations on updating the vehicle?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cabin isn’t that noisy and I own a maverick fx4 with the pirelli scorpion atr tires. Though one of my biggest complaints is with the sync 3 software and Apple car play.
I agree that the cabin isn't particularly noisy. My old car was slightly quieter but it doesn't have excessive noise at all. It's not an ultra quiet luxury vehicle and nobody should expect it to be.

The utilitarian vibe is cool. Ford should lean into that more instead of going faux-lux like they usually do. The idea is that it's kind of like the seats on Frontier airlines. They aren't luxury at all yet manage to be perfectly comfortable. Go with that - it's a cheap truck and trying to cover that up is silly. Just don't make the interior a sea of black plastic.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Ecoboost is expected to arrive any day now. While I twiddle my thumbs waiting for the call, tell me what you don't like about the Maverick so I can taper my expectations.

So far, I've heard of:
  • Bad speaker/sound system.
  • Noisy interior cabin
  • Easily scratched interior
Mine went and hit a tree. Couldn't have been my fault.
I got another Maverick. Great sound system, cabin sound level okay, no scratches on the interior. I wish the bed was a little longer and there was a pass-through available for the cab.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No big complaints for me, but some minor ones are the Lariats fuel and temp guage, which others have already mentioned.

The Sync 3 system seems slow to react. I was just in my wifes Jeep and noticed her system is much faster reacting. I wish I could see what station I'm on when also using Android Auto.

The door lock levers seem off to me. I've caught my shirt sleeve on it a couple times getting out of the truck, and it feels flimsy when moved manually. I feel like the lever could break easily.
Sponsored