Sponsored

What did YOU cross shop with the Maverick?

What did you (or will you) cross shop / compare with the Maverick?

• Total voters

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a newer Ridgeline. Sold it,and got an EV. Realized we needed a pickup. The Ridgeline was very nice except mpg. 18/25. A hybrid? Maverick.
Sponsored

dutchboy17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid Lux CP360 Hitch Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Originally my search started a few years ago, before the release of the Maverick.

At that time I looked at the Tacoma, Ranger (had owned one before), Colorado, and Ridgeline. I liked the Ridgeline the most, but the only ones in stock were top of the line and the local dealers were very proud of them. Finally I compared the Ranger and Colorado and picked the Colorado, mainly because the recessed step in the Colorado rear bumper made getting in and out of the bed easier than on the Ranger (my knees are shot).

Then we moved and my knees got worse, and even with side rails the climb down out of the cab was too painful to bear. The Maverick came out and I spent about six months trying to snag one off the lot. Meanwhile my wife had got a new Tucson Hybrid that was really nice to drive, so I gave the Santa Cruz a look but finally placed an order for a 2022 Maverick.

Ultimately, it took 424 days from placing the order to taking a Maverick home, and I thought about the Santa Cruz a lot: it's a tidy package. But the base Santa Cruz doesn't have the smooth power my wife's Hybrid Tucson had, so I could never bring myself to seriously pursue a deal on one. Also Hyundai has too many touch controls for me: I don't like taking my eyes off the road so I can line my finger tip up to some icon on a touch screen. Besides I had X-plan pricing on my Maverick order, so that protected me from the $5K markup my local Ford dealer places on most of their Mavericks (and the local Hyundai dealer also puts on their Santa Cruzes).

I'm glad I waited. I really enjoy the Maverick: it's easy to get in and out, flexible to use, and a pleasure to drive. We just took it on a 3,500 mile trip and it was flawless, getting 37 mpg overall with four passengers and despite a lot of miles dashing from San Diego to Tucson in desert winds and later on interstates in UT and ID where the speed limit is 80 and lots of people go much faster.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Needs: Truck, $30k OTD price point, 4 actual doors, A/4WD. So it's either a Maverick, or a 2017 or older "midsize" truck. That's it. Santa Cruz WAY too expensive, same with anything "midsize" at all leading to really high mileage or old model year options. There really wasn't a choice that was even remotely close.
My Santa Cruz SEL AWD $30.5 K and the SE is a lot cheaper easily under $30K . Needed to shop around. With that said I just got my Maverick Hybrid XL with 360 and tow. already have a 2021 Crosstrek Sport AWD and a Jeep 4x4 so I've covered most of the bases. Thinking of selling the Maverick based upon the new recall ( fortunately mine has not been recalled)

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero cross shopping before ordering. Had to get rid of my F-150 manual regular cab I had when we found we were expecting our son. Saw the maverick and knew itā€™d be enough space for the family and would also be able to complete the wifeys honey dos. Fits my needs while still being practical for the burbs.

now when my chances or getting scheduled werenā€™t looking so hot, I did inquire on the new Chevy Traxā€¦2RS and Activ trims specifically

Executech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Corolla cross was something I looked heavily at. The maverick hybrid got better mpg and gave me a bed where I could throw messy materials like hay for my goats.

Sponsored

Bmavel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 awd 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be honest i made fun of Mavericks until i drove a friends eco awd lariat. before that i was gonna buy a new Civic Si

FLA-MAV22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Rio5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I wonā€™t be comparing it to anything as this would be my first time having a truck. Always had small cars figured it was time for a truck. I saw videos and read about it online. I had ordered a 22MY but didnā€™t fall thru ( probably would still be waiting šŸ˜‚). But know Iā€™m back in the market for a truck and I will be ordering a 24MY Maverick when the order banks open in July. šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ™šŸ¼šŸ¤žšŸ½šŸ¤žšŸ½šŸ¤žšŸ½šŸ¤žšŸ½

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing else is/was available meets all my needs/wants:
1. 4-doors seating;
2. Pickup bed;
3. Hybrid mileage;
4. Real spare tire (not fix-a-flat);
5. Features like heated seats/steering wheel;
6. Intelligent Access (no key needed for anything...stays in pocket);
7. Flat-towable.

My Maverick Lariat Hybrid meets all of that. My C-Max met all those needs except 2 and 4. I dumped my 20 year old S-10 that did not meet 3, 5, and 6...and was just old tech..

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Meanwhile my wife had got a new Tucson Hybrid that was really nice to drive, [...] Also Hyundai has too many touch controls for me
I've been driving a Tucson Hybrid a lot lately (not mine) and feel exactly the same way. If I hadn't found the Maverick I might have ended up settling for the touchscreen controls. Apart from that and the Tucson not being the Maverick, I really like it. I'm sure hoping the Maverick hybrid drives similarly.

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Corolla cross was something I looked heavily at. The maverick hybrid got better mpg and gave me a bed where I could throw messy materials like hay for my goats.
While waiting for my Maverick, I kept watching for Toyota to provide details on the Corolla Cross Hybrid. Then they said it would start at $5,400 more than the Maverick base. It might be a smart move by Toyota but it sure made my decision easy: I'm still waiting for the Ford.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was originally looking for a Bronco but they were just too small inside for our lifestyle. The bed with a topper is much better cargo room. Otherwise we weren't even thinking about a new vehicle. Nothing is really intriguing or worth the money. We would just keep fixing up whatever cool 70s-90s vehicle I can keep from rusting out.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I buy cars every 10-11 years. Decided I wanted a hybrid, and the Ford system was a proven one. Always wanted a blue Lariat (haha). This will be my first domestic nameplate. Otherwise Iā€™m itching for a CRV, Sportage or Niro. All hybrids.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Originally my search started a few years ago, before the release of the Maverick.

At that time I looked at the Tacoma, Ranger (had owned one before), Colorado, and Ridgeline. I liked the Ridgeline the most, but the only ones in stock were top of the line and the local dealers were very proud of them. Finally I compared the Ranger and Colorado and picked the Colorado, mainly because the recessed step in the Colorado rear bumper made getting in and out of the bed easier than on the Ranger (my knees are shot).

Then we moved and my knees got worse, and even with side rails the climb down out of the cab was too painful to bear. The Maverick came out and I spent about six months trying to snag one off the lot. Meanwhile my wife had got a new Tucson Hybrid that was really nice to drive, so I gave the Santa Cruz a look but finally placed an order for a 2022 Maverick.

Ultimately, it took 424 days from placing the order to taking a Maverick home, and I thought about the Santa Cruz a lot: it's a tidy package. But the base Santa Cruz doesn't have the smooth power my wife's Hybrid Tucson had, so I could never bring myself to seriously pursue a deal on one. Also Hyundai has too many touch controls for me: I don't like taking my eyes off the road so I can line my finger tip up to some icon on a touch screen. Besides I had X-plan pricing on my Maverick order, so that protected me from the $5K markup my local Ford dealer places on most of their Mavericks (and the local Hyundai dealer also puts on their Santa Cruzes).

I'm glad I waited. I really enjoy the Maverick: it's easy to get in and out, flexible to use, and a pleasure to drive. We just took it on a 3,500 mile trip and it was flawless, getting 37 mpg overall with four passengers and despite a lot of miles dashing from San Diego to Tucson in desert winds and later on interstates in UT and ID where the speed limit is 80 and lots of people go much faster.
Santa Cruzes are starting to stack up in these parts; Iā€™m starting to see some discounting. Funny about the ā€œkeeping eyes on roadā€ thingā€¦ my Outback was at the dealer getting a several day repair so they gave me a brand new Ascent for a loaner; a could of times it admonished me to keep my eyes on the road as I searched for the right haptic square inch to push.

Mikeetch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing. I miss my old Sierra and my Grand Cherokee Overland and the ability to tow my boat but hated their MPG. The Maverick Hybrid gets better MPG than my current car(Mini Cooper S) and still has enough tow capacity for my boat.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't in the market for a new vehicle at all until I saw the mpg and compared with what we were getting on our 2017 CR-V so I got curious. Then when the used car market went nuts we sold the CR-V and got the Maverick. Pretty crazy for my family as we usually just get cars and drive them into the ground. Mostly used but sometimes new. Come to think of it my wife's has only ever driven new cars which is crazy because we generally just bought nicer used cars after depreciation has taken its toll. Another crazy note we went from a Lexus and Honda to a Ford and ChevyšŸ˜¬
Sponsored