First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Anyone else cross shopping these two? A local dealer has the offer 0% interest rate for ,72 months + free AWD and -$1500,

For someone that won't be using the bed too much but wants the performance and looks of the maverick, this is turning out to be a hard choice...

The maverick will be my main family vehicle
Sponsored

Syrinx Priest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500,Jeep Cherokee, Audi A4
Im guessing the inside space is about the same. with a bed cover the the cargo space would be better for traveling in the Maverick. The Maverick would serve your inner warrior better. :) But!! Price is always a factor. Always go with what will suit your families finances the best.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was shopping the Tucson and the Santa Cruz, so not weird at all. My issue is that I felt the styling of the Escape was a bit TOO smooth and soft for my tastes, but I think the hybrid is great. A shame they can't offer the Baby Bronco with the hybrid at the pricepoint of the Maverick, that would make it a way harder choice for me.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I was shopping the Tucson and the Santa Cruz, so not weird at all. My issue is that I felt the styling of the Escape was a bit TOO smooth and soft for my tastes, but I think the hybrid is great. A shame they can't offer the Baby Bronco with the hybrid at the pricepoint of the Maverick, that would make it a way harder choice for me.
Interesting too since that electric motor would be cool for offroading,

Since I've never owned a pick up I'm curious to see how having the glass right behind the rear seats instead of all the way behind a trunk will feel.

That Tucson rear end looks sharp though

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Anyone else cross shopping these two? A local dealer has the offer 0% interest rate for ,72 months + free AWD and -$1500,

For someone that won't be using the bed too much but wants the performance and looks of the maverick, this is turning out to be a hard choice...

The maverick will be my main family vehicle
problem is
Escape 2.5 hybrid SE $30,000
Maverick 2.5 Hybrid XLT $2,000
Escape 2.0 AWD SEL $35,000
Maverick 2.0 AWD XLT LUX. $30,000

So Escape option vs Option is $5,000 MORE than the Maverick.

37ft3 in escape truck.
4.3’ wide 3.1’ long 2.8’ tall

33ft3 in Maverick.
4.4’ wide 4.5’ long 1.7’ tall

so your loosing out on 1.5’ in length and gaining 1’ in height. I would rather have the length with the Maverick.
BUT you COULD get 5.5’ of length with the seats folded flat. Giving you 68ft3

Sponsored

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
problem is
Escape 2.5 hybrid SE $30,000
Maverick 2.5 Hybrid XLT $2,000
Escape 2.0 AWD SEL $35,000
Maverick 2.0 AWD XLT LUX. $30,000

So Escape option vs Option is $5,000 MORE than the Maverick.

37ft3 in escape truck.
4.3’ wide 3.1’ long 2.8’ tall

33ft3 in Maverick.
4.4’ wide 4.5’ long 1.7’ tall

so your loosing out on 1.5’ in length and gaining 1’ in height. I would rather have the length with the Maverick.
BUT you COULD get 5.5’ of length with the seats folded flat. Giving you 68ft3
Are those dimensions for the escape trunk? I thought the escape was 2" wider than the BS and maverick?

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Are those dimensions for the escape trunk? I thought the escape was 2" wider than the BS and maverick?
escape trunk is roughly 41” wide (since the wheel wells continue all the way back.) then 49” wide above the wells. So if you want to put 4x8 in there you really can’t.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Totally agree, I have owned 2 Escapes a 2008 and 2013. I would like to see an Escape hybrid AWD in a Sport or STI edition with Regular 18 tires and wheels in maybe three colors that looks like it can climb a
mountain, maybe a Wilderness Edition and Priced like a Lariat at
under $33000( just a dream) since they want upwards of $ 40000
for a Titanium AWD Hybrid.
Sponsored