Sponsored

What did YOU cross shop with the Maverick?

What did you (or will you) cross shop / compare with the Maverick?

• Total voters

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing. Found the Maverick and bought it 3-4 hours after first looking online. I might have cross-shopped something else if not for that but never needed to make that choice.
Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Subaru outback . found the maverick first . happy with it . less money and more utility than the outback .

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm in the Maverick or nothing and just keep driving my well cared for CRV and Frontier crowd (hence selecting Other).

However, I have glanced over at Ridgeline.. it's a compelling truck if you can stomach the small increase in price and small decrease in fuel economy.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I selected Other. I didn't cross shop at all, wasn't interested in a vehicle until i found out about the maverick and knew i wanted one.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm itching to know.
Wanted a truck but not thrilled with what's out there, I wanted one the size of my old Ranger. Then the Maverick popped up. Didn't like the CVT then I found it had an eCVT and I jumped on it. Still took over 16 months and a conversion to a '23. Very happy with the Lariat.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ridgeline is not smallish. More interior room than other midsize. Just sayin.

Blu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
11/21 - Nothing
6/22 - Sedan
12/22 - Almost bought a CX-5, sold before got there. Started looking for any other Hybrid that exist.
5/23 - Delivered

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking for another type of unicorn on the US market, a station wagon. Probably a used Volvo wagon or something (I like the practicality of a square back to not loose cargo height in the back of the cargo area). But one of my hobbies is 3D printing and through that I heard about the FITS ecosystem. That caused me to look at the Mav in full and I liked what I saw. I've never owned a truck before (though my parents did have a Ranger from the 90s (before they got big) with a cap that I would occasionally borrow).

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. We weren't in the market for a vehicle when the Maverick was announced. I WFH and wife is hybrid, we had no problem sharing a single car the past 6yrs and probably wouldn't have been in the market for another 4-5yrs. She saw a picture and said "buy me that" - we were at our local Ford dealer scheduling the order like 2 days later.

Had we been in the market, probably another fuel efficient compact like our current VW jetta - it has met the needs of our 4-person family fine.

Sponsored

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We were leasing a 2019 Ranger when I ordered a Maverick that never got built. Sold the Ranger to local Ford dealer three months after the order for Maverick was placed. Waited and waited. Got frustrated and cancelled order. Not smart. Also regretted selling Ranger.

Car sharing for over a year was beginning to become a chore. Went shopping for compact SUV’s. Nearly bought a Mazda CX-5 (best in class IMHO) at invoice price and with 0.9% at the time. Paint defect cancelled sale. Circled back to Maverick idea right before Memorial Day weekend, spent hours looking and making calls. Most were sold And those that were not had markups ranging from $5k to $10k. Just missed one by two hours at the dealer I sold my Ranger to. Was about to give up. Found one about 55 miles away. Called, kid said $1,750 over MSRP, must finance, must take delivery by May 31st. No deal. Called next day, offered to split difference and settled at $895 over MSRP. They agreed.

Did not get a Lariat like I wanted but did get XLT Lux. No CP360 which is a bummer. I am ordering one on July 17th and might trade this one if the price is right. May go with hybrid next time since wife drives mostly locally.

Great idea for a thread, thanks.

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ridgeline is not smallish. More interior room than other midsize. Just sayin.
I knew it.

I knew somebody would mention the Ridgeline.

...and I get it. I hear you. It's Tardis-y. I think that's because it's 4-7 inches wider than the Frontier, Colorado, Tacoma, Canyon, and possibly other trucks. Still - it can't beat any of those in height or length. In that respect, all the others are larger. Plus, the Ridgeline gets lumped in with "compact pickups" by automotive journalists quite frequently so I just went with it.

Anyway - that's why it says "smallish". ;)

Command1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sell Fords, sold the first one we got in, drove it to the gas station to fill it up for delivery. when I got back to the dealership put in an order on November 4, 2021. It was supposed to come in on May 22, 2023, but as is usually the case it's late and should get here this week.

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Before the Maverick was announced, I had looked at used mid sized trucks and SUVs no older than five years and everything I looked at are higher mileage and not much more than new.

I’ve also driven the competition, including Santa Cruz, Ridgeline, Ranger, and most recently the Frontier which is the worst performing of them all.

Everything the Maverick offers - Size, performance, fuel economy, and price - it ticks all the boxes.