Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Before I saw a random YouTube video of the Maverick on June 10th, only 2 days after the official reveal, I was going to get an suv when my current car died. I was looking at a Audi Q5 or Kia Telluride.

Then this little truck came to me as if Ford saw me at Home Depot loading bags mulch into my cars trunk(it would only take me 3 trips to get the 12 bags I usually need) and made a truck for me. Glad the timing worked out and I will now save well over $20k and get a truck!

Long story short. What were you originally planning on buying before the Mav was presented to you on a silver platter?
I wanted a pickup. I was lamenting that they were all big trucks, not nimble and not great on gas. Then the Maverick appeared. And, holy moley, it's a hybrid! Wish it was a SuperCab with a longer bed but otherwise it's pretty great. And affordable. WHEN, it gets here I'm gonna be happy and make it earn it's keep.
Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before I saw a random YouTube video of the Maverick on June 10th, only 2 days after the official reveal, I was going to get an suv when my current car died. I was looking at a Audi Q5 or Kia Telluride.

Then this little truck came to me as if Ford saw me at Home Depot loading bags mulch into my cars trunk(it would only take me 3 trips to get the 12 bags I usually need) and made a truck for me. Glad the timing worked out and I will now save well over $20k and get a truck!

Long story short. What were you originally planning on buying before the Mav was presented to you on a silver platter?
Nothing:) she still liked her 2016 Ford Fiesta SE with 88k miles on it. I thought she might like this new truck so I ordered one for her. She loves it and hopefully she'll be driving it for years to come.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing:) she still liked her 2016 Ford Fiesta SE with 88k miles on it. I thought she might like this new truck so I ordered one for her. She loves it and hopefully she'll be driving it for years to come.
You make it sound so easy.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You make it sound so easy.
He’s a saint. Mine will probably see “truck” and never want to drive it.

Aander54

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Just any AWD car. Always had cars and I live in the north so snow loves to bless us 5 months a year. My Fwd car struggles and been stuck, slid off, and other issues so when I saw a cheap truck which I always wanted and good gas mileage with AWD my eyes lit up! Truck is 42 miles away sitting in a yard with a delivery date still almost 2 weeks away. It’s killing me
Sponsored