2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hell if I know it came with my zero water filter for drinking inside
To stop tearing your hair out, go buy a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store. Rinse the TDS meter really well with some of it. Also clean the hell out of a glass with it. No soap. Then measure a sample of the distilled water and see what the TDS reading is. Not perfect since you would usually want to calibrate with a lab grade reference sample to some known TDS value like 50 or 100, but using distilled and adjusting the meter to read 0 is also ok.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also I keep saying ppm but I really meant total dissolved solids TDS… It’s been a long day of misery washing this truck and almost no sleep

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i use Adams waterless wash. Spray on wipe off. No spots, no swirl marks and looks great

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Water filtration for washing your Maverick ?? E2C87643-0268-470F-B6EE-4281C35C55CD
By the way, how come nobody stated the obvious-

Filters take out PARTICLES.
Filters do not readily take out CHEMICALS including most dissolved minerals (because once they dissolve, they are now chemicals floating around at the molecular level).

Reverse osmosis is a type of unusual filter in the sense it works in reverse, under high pressure it removes water from the junk, it does no remove junk from the water. While good, it's not perfect. It usually removes around 95% of contaminates. And has some restrictions for the incoming water as well.

Sponsored

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP: another thing since you're not an early riser for a heat free/sun free wash. Buy a large pop up canopy that the maverick will fit under. Boom, no more hot sun on the car while washing. I'll drive my cars into my warehouse and wash them inside when I really want a perfect finish for a car show. I'll have to say that it's an absolute joy to wash your car with no sun beating down on you and Air Conditioning.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m about to lose my fucking mind… sediment filters, carbon filters, combo of each, deionized filters……… my ppm are either higher or don’t move or less than 10 filtered… what in the absolute hell is happening. I have 6 total filter modules now that I just got 2 more in but need more fittings to connect them all together so currently only running 4. My water is 165 to 185 ppm from the tap and out of the filters it’s 165 to 200+ . . .
12801FD8-A4B2-4CE0-857E-6C6FA27094CC.jpeg
Ford Maverick Water filtration for washing your Maverick ?? tenor (1)

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also I keep saying ppm but I really meant total dissolved solids TDS… It’s been a long day of misery washing this truck and almost no sleep
Ford Maverick Water filtration for washing your Maverick ?? giphy (11)

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, if it makes you feel better, TDS is usually measured in ppm (mg/L)...

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m about to lose my fucking mind… sediment filters, carbon filters, combo of each, deionized filters……… my ppm are either higher or don’t move or less than 10 filtered… what in the absolute hell is happening. I have 6 total filter modules now that I just got 2 more in but need more fittings to connect them all together so currently only running 4. My water is 165 to 185 ppm from the tap and out of the filters it’s 165 to 200+ depending on how many combinations and days I have to keep coming back to this…. Someone please help before I have a complete mental meltdown over something so damn stupid. I got the same setup as several YouTubers so what is my smooth brain doing wrong?

I've never used any filters when washing my vehicles,what are you hoping to accomplish?

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You make me feel like a dick for using straight hose water
Same,I've never used any filters.even since I moved to the country,straight well water out of the house.

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m about to lose my fucking mind… sediment filters, carbon filters, combo of each, deionized filters……… my ppm are either higher or don’t move or less than 10 filtered… what in the absolute hell is happening. I have 6 total filter modules now that I just got 2 more in but need more fittings to connect them all together so currently only running 4. My water is 165 to 185 ppm from the tap and out of the filters it’s 165 to 200+ depending on how many combinations and days I have to keep coming back to this…. Someone please help before I have a complete mental meltdown over something so damn stupid. I got the same setup as several YouTubers so what is my smooth brain doing wrong?

Are you people washing ford mavericks or million dollar cars? When it rains outside the water isn't filtered or distilled? I just keep mine waxed and I have no worries about the water I use.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you people washing ford mavericks or million dollar cars? When it rains outside the water isn't filtered or distilled? I just keep mine waxed and I have no worries about the water I use.
I feel like the OP should really talk to someone LOL. There is nothing wrong with taking excellent care of a vehicle. And then there is being needlessly neurotic....
Sponsored