First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would add Group 3. We wash it once or twice a year, because to us it's just another unexciting and depreciating vehicular appliance that gets discarded and replaced at the appropriate point. No insult intended to those who take better care of their trucks - totally respect that. But there is definitely a Group 3.
I'm with you in Group 3.
Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I do take it to the car wash, it's brushless only. Even that has some harsh chemicals. Something else to consider:

If you ever have body work done like an accident or in my case a keyed door, you will fare better if you've never been through a brush car wash. My body shop commented on how they could tell that I had not used a car wash.

iowaS10

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy S10, 2015 Chevy Sonic, 2024 Chevy Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took both of our mavericks to the car wash last weekend. I looked all around for damage, did not find any. The only way to keep them clean in the winter.

20240122_141929_HDR.jpg

20240122_141939_HDR.jpg

20240122_141812_HDR.jpg
Do you run it through with the roll-up open or closed. I have been using the manual car wash only because I have been worried about the bed cover.

HatManTC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i run mine through once or twice a year depending on the weather. my only complaint is that my license plate gets bent by the brushes

Mavrik2023

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was advised by a reputable auto-detailer who works on high-end vehicles not to use an automated brush wash, especially not with a black truck. Tesla's owner's manual also tells owners to avoid them entirely:

"If washing in an automatic car wash, use touchless car washes only. These car washes have no parts (brushes, etc.) that touch the surfaces of Model 3. Some touchless car washes use caustic solutions that, over time, can cause discoloration of decorative exterior trim. Avoid exposure to soaps and chemicals above pH 13. If unsure, check the product label or ask the staff at the car wash. Damage caused by improper washing is not covered by the warranty."

I'm looking at different options now because I have to deal with heavily salted roads in the winter time, and I'm mainly concerned about the undercarriage and the lack of good options at the local wand washes.

Sponsored

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If an automated car wash that did a good job existed, I'd use it. However, I'm much more satisfied doing it myself using high quality products. I wash the truck with Chemical Guys foaming soap and a sheepskin mitt. I use Chemical Guys wheel cleaner and finish up with Turtle Wax ceramic wet wax. Once a year, I use a clay bar.

Could I include more products and get a better result? Probably. Could I spend more time and effort on the truck? Absolutely.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In the Winter I run it through brushless car washes. Rest of the time I hand wash it.
Brush car washes just grind the guy's dirt ahead of you into your paint.
Sponsored