Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here is my ranger at 20 years and never garaged. A testament to keeping up with wax. My son has it now and 5 years later the clearcoat has failed. My mav gets turtle wax ceramic and clay every few months. It is garaged though.

Ford Maverick Washing, waxing, upkeep. 6FD2FE66-D518-472E-BFED-DF41BABD00EB

Ford Maverick Washing, waxing, upkeep. IMG_0906
Sponsored

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i havn't been brave enough to try the clay bar yet but i only have 1300km on my tremor. so far i have used turtle wax hybrid solutions graphene, seems to work very well so far. water beading hasn't changed since i did it about 3 weeks ago

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unlimited monthly car wash. I just go through whenever I drive by. All 5 cars get the same treatment. The oldest is a 2015 F150. All have zero swirl marks and still look brand new. Slaving over a car washing and waxing? No thanks.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is everyone doing in terms of cosmetic upkeep? First week I got it I did an iron remover, clay bar, wash, sealant. Then I’ve been doing wash and spray wax once a week since. Seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Trying to keep the shine of the new factory paint as long as possible and keep some UV protection with me living in Florida.

Thinking I’ll do another round of sealant around month three and try to keep up the weekly washing and spray waxing.

Also just bought a spray and rinse ceramic wax from meguiars. Going to add that in occasionally.

Anyone else have a routine going or a favorite product?
Hello being in apopka Florida I’m doing the same as you.I have a garage which helps with the UV.enjoy your truck 🛻 as I am vp

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Unlimited monthly car wash. I just go through whenever I drive by. All 5 cars get the same treatment. The oldest is a 2015 F150. All have zero swirl marks and still look brand new. Slaving over a car washing and waxing? No thanks.
Saturday i hand washed my maverick and my wifes maverick and all three of my childrens cars. I don't mind washing the cars and feel satisfied when i am done.

Sponsored

MavMan53

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I use nothing but Turtle Wax products.

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saturday i hand washed my maverick and my wifes maverick and all three of my childrens cars. I don't mind washing the cars and feel satisfied when i am done.
Saturday I went to the MX track and rode 4 motos. Sunday I ran the dusty Maverick through the car wash. I felt very satisfied too.

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Saturday I went to the MX track and rode 4 motos. Sunday I ran the dusty Maverick through the car wash. I felt very satisfied too.
After washing cars i took took the whole family out to longhorn steak house in our hand washed 24 hot pepper red maverick.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use nothing but Turtle Wax products.
I watched a few videos and bought some Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine, Ice Spray Wax, and Ice De-Ironer. The first 2 products were real easy to use and pretty inexpensive. I only had a couple of spots of what appear to be rust bits in the paint. The de-ironer didn't do anything and I followed directions. I'm going to go back and hit the spots with my clay towel, but figured I'd research it a bit first.

If you are looking for cheap, easy, and long lasting, check out the Turtle Wax Ice stuff.

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i havn't been brave enough to try the clay bar yet but i only have 1300km on my tremor. so far i have used turtle wax hybrid solutions graphene, seems to work very well so far. water beading hasn't changed since i did it about 3 weeks ago
Start with a clay pad or clay microfiber, much more forgiving and easier. Costs a little more but can get 25 or more applications. Use fine grit.

HizJohnny

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick AWD FX4 4KTOW
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Once a month automatic touch-less car wash. Sometimes I’ll take it to the self service wash bay. If I go longer I’ll sometimes just use the pressure water rinse at the self service car wash to get off the bug guts and mud then drive to the automatic and drive it through for a grand total of $8. In a weird way I like when it gets dirty. Feels right since it’s a truck. Edit: I also use uv protectant for the plastic bits about once every few months.
Sponsored